PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

Beth-Lock
07-06-2008, 03:35 PM
What role has Halloween played in your progress and even adoption of the CD'ing life?
Halloween was not the first time I dressed, and indeed, I did not dress for Halloween, until very late in my history, but it did play a role in my coming out, at least to admit it to myself. (It also proved that I needed some practice in doing even simple make up, which I subsequently acquired.)
Has Halloween helped to introduce your CD'ing to friends?
Someone has said that a way that introduces a friend or significant other to the fact that you CD, is to say something like, "I want to show you the outfit i wore on Halloween, to a party." It is much less scary than saying, "I crossdress, and I would like to give you a little fashion show now!"
What has been your experience?

Brina Halloween
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Halloween is when I spent the money to do it. I had thought about it before but, never done much about it. I had gotten a wig several years before fortunately and it is decent enough to get compliments. By halloween this year, hopefully I won't need the wig. :D

Kristen Kelly
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Halloween has always been a big part for me in my progression. I waited for Halloween every year to intermix with people, and Halloween 3 years ago was my first time that I never went back into the closet after.

This past year went to Dude ranch I had been going to for over 30 years and dressed for Dinner and the party on that night. For dinner I was dressed in a light blue wrap top with a white lace bra peaking out and plenty of cleavage up over the top, my own hair was perfect, and my make-up was perfect too. I had on women's stretch jeans, turquoise jewelry and western high heel boots. I made sure I was the last to enter the dinning room and made a great entrance. Sat down at my assigned table and every one had met me in guy mode before, so they were shocked when they realized who I was. It was a singles weekend and there were 100 guests, 95 women, 5 guys, (2 turned out to be gay) and my table was all women. I know many of the people working there some for as long as I had been going there and they were shocked. After dinner they had a hayride, and I decided to ride, but the wagon was full, the cowboy that was driving the horse said’ “You can sit up here sweetie” well I shocked him when I climbed up and sat close to him in my guy voice said, “Hi”. He almost fell off the wagon trying to slide away from me.
That night at the costume party dressed as a Gypsy I won 1st place best guy costume, 3rd place best girl costume, and 3rd place over all, Danced up a storm on the dance floor showing off a little, how well I danced in heels.
The next day out on a trail ride a woman at my table was making conversation and commented that this was not the first time I had done this, I danced too well in heels, looked too good, but most of all every time I went to the dance floor I placed my purse by the column and after dancing never forgot to go back to get it. I was something I didn’t do that really gave me away.

Brina Halloween
07-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Dancing in heels can be fun...the first year I didn't have any that had good soles and good support together for spinning. It took almost a year to find shoes at Sears about 3.5" wedges with enough support and smooth plastic soles. Danced 6 hours in then and did the following role a lot that night. It was wonderful.

Glad you enjoyed the ranch. It sounds like a fun time.

Brina

trannie T
07-06-2008, 04:59 PM
International Crossdresser's Day? It was my first experience out of the house and still I venture farther out on halloween than on any other day. We need more Halloweens!

Genifer Teal
07-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I just found a piece of (my) history from Holloween 97. I have 5 minutes of video of my GF and I just before going out on Holloween that year. I had totally forgotten about it. I was looking through an old and very large box of videotapes and there it was. How cool it that?

It was my 3rd time dressed. My first time was Holloween 96, and then early October 97 (shortly before the video) with same GF at a theme costume party unrelated to Holloween. Besides a few poor pics of that time, this video and one actual photo is my oldest record of my being dressed. I never received a copy of a pic from Holloween 96.

Holloween s a special time to dress up free from most cencerns about how serious we might take this. I like to think of it as expanding the closet. Back then anything that got me out or made me feel more comfortable was a huge help.

Gen

Crissy Kay
07-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Oh yes, Halloween has been a big thing for me. I bought my first french maid costume during the time before halloween a few years ago. I have gone out in public dressed at halloween twice so far in the last three or four years!!! I use halloween as an great excuse to buy wigs, more costumes, etc.!!!! I think halloween gives me courage to go out in public dressed at all!!!

renee k
07-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Halloween, when I was six years old was the first time for me. My mom and an Aunt dressed me as a girl. Then in my teens I asked my mom to dress as a girl. With the help of two neighbor ladies and my mom. They turned me into a good looking woman. What fun, I think that was the catalyst launching me into CDing.

Huggs, Renee

Carly D.
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I think Halloween is when most cross dressers are made.. I mean that this is the one holiday that you can dress and get away with it whatever.. the attitude can be yours to do with what you want.. who's gonna say anything?? you can look however you want either as ****ty or trampy (there's a difference?) or try to pull off looking like a woman.. whatever...

Nikki A.
07-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Halloween was my first ventures out and my becoming at ease at going out. Went with the soccer mom look (trick or teating). to work as a Hippie chick and once as the ex-office manager. Only comment, was that for a guy I had alot of women's shoes that fit (heels and flats, it's a long day). Little do they know.

Sarah Doepner
07-08-2008, 11:30 AM
For me it has been a temporary flight from the closet to my family. In 2004 I dressed as Nurse Ratched from "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" and scared the dickens out of my granddaughters for a while. Eventually they decided they liked the big nurse and I have some photos I treasured from that night. My wife dressed as a Doctor in scrubs and we visited her parents for a while and it took a while to get them to know who I was. It was priceless. The next year I dressed during the day in black slacks and a halloween blouse to go shopping and then changed to the nurse outfit for the evening. It was quite a day.
Since I'm not ready for primetime at home yet, I haven't dressed for Halloween again, but this may be the year. Nurse Ratched back by popular demand!!!!

Beth-Lock
07-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Dressing as a nurse is sort of quaint now. These days, not even real nurses dress as nurses, judging from what I have seen in the hospital here. And to think such things, including nurse's uniforms started out to desexualize the role, in more ways than one. (My sister used to say her starched nurse's bib, protected her from the attempts of the odd, old geezer to 'accidentally,' get in a grope.) Now no sex shop is complete without ooffering some part or kit of parts of a nurse's outfit for sale.

Jennifer Giovannetta
07-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I am looking forward to Halloween this year. Hopefully I will be invited to a costume party. You all know what I am going to be for that party. If I am not invited to a party, I plan to go out dressed on Halloween just to be able to go out as Jennifer.
In the mid 1990's I did go to two Halloween parties as a girl. At that time I did not wear makeup or dress completely. My wife did my makeup and bought me clothing and a wig. I did not look like I do now. Anyway long story short, I had so much fun at these parties. What I found interesting was that women seemed interested. In what I do not know. I think it was the fact that I was walking in heels. They appeared intrigued.
So this Halloween I am looking forward to showing people how I look as a girl.

wolff8u2
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I have been awaiting Halloween since I went on my shopping spree. I am planning going full out at a halloween party a friend of ours is having. It will be a surprise unless I spill the beans first.

Beth