PDA

View Full Version : Voice

Lauren1973
07-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I have been really studying voice training lately. I am curious if anyone here has had any success with the http://www.jadephoenix.org/lvtgw/Info_htm/HowTo/femvoice.htm

I have been practicing for 2 weeks and I am making progress. I am having some trouble trying to decied the right pitch and tone to focus on. Any tips would be great!

thanks,
Lauren

carlyanne
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
omg my voice is so low i sound like barry white lol

Ravin_nightshade
07-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Ive never tryed training my voice but when im alone i do try to alter my voice so its more fem. I to have a low voice ( its so lame I mean I just want a higher voice.)

Pamela Julie
07-06-2008, 06:16 PM
My voice is so low it registers 1.5 on the Rickter scale. My voice breaks up if I raise its pitch to the baritone level. Due to sinus problems, my voice sometimes breaks up when I am using my normal male voice.

Most of what was said in the article is true. I am not sure the tape would help at all. You would do better to tape your own femme voice following the instructions and then listen to how you sound. Waiting a day before listening may help you make a more neutral judgment on the sound. Try reading lines from a female part in a play. You pass the test, if someone else hearing the tape played back wants to know the name of the woman playing the part.

Voice is just another aspect of gender that we need to work on if we want to create ourselves into our target gender.

Pamela:)

TSchapes
07-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Check out Candi's free videos on YouTube. She has 22 videos on voice. Here's the most popular one:

s7qSJ19f_QU

Ashley in Virginia
07-07-2008, 12:11 AM
I can get mine to gighten up, i can't seem to get it softer. Ugh. Watching her do it so easy it sucks.

TSchapes
07-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I can get mine to gighten up, i can't seem to get it softer. Ugh. Watching her do it so easy it sucks.

For me she's an inspiration, I didn't know a guy could sound that good! If you go and look at her videos, some of the early ones aren't as good, it takes practice which she has done. It's not just going to happen by watching. To lighten up use more breath and less sound.

I'm planning of downloading her videos and cutting a CD so I can practice while driving to work. Trust me, I need help too, my voice keeps breaking like I'm going through puberty. I think once I can hear what it should sound like it will be better. Every once in a while I'm able to "lock on", but I can't figure out what I've done.

Love, Tracy :hugs:

Lauren1973
07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Well I started watching candiFLA.(she is so cute..) I think it will just take alot of practice. I can get high pretty comfortablly, now but I can't seen to get it there and make it stay.So frusterating when you can hear it every now and again and poof its gone.:Angry3: Bye

Lauren

Brina Halloween
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I like the video. Hopefully the actual instruction is good. I have seen otehr placwes with the same or similar article. Definitely something to practice. :)

KatrinaAshley
07-07-2008, 09:54 PM
That's the best free example I've come across too. Youtube is just full of wonderful training videos. Clothes, makeup, voice, walking in heels, you name it.

I can certainly change my voice to all sorts of sounds but haven't locked in on a good female voice yet. I think I've come close before and lost it. Practice comes with singing to my music in the car. What I need to do is record myself and seriously examine what little extra I need to do differently for it to click.

Suzy Harrison
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I think expecting any noticeable change after just a few weeks might be unrealistic.

I've been practicing an hour, every day, since last October and only now do I feel the voice is getting somewhere. To be really good I expect to have to continue for another year.

So please don't give up, or change schemes before you've given it long enough

:hugs: Suzy

CD Susan
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I think expecting any noticeable change after just a few weeks might be unrealistic.

I've been practicing an hour, every day, since last October and only now do I feel the voice is getting somewhere. To be really good I expect to have to continue for another year.

So please don't give up, or change schemes before you've given it long enough

:hugs: Suzy

Good advice Suzy. I have been practicing this too and can see that it is going to take a long time to get it right. I try to practice every day but have not tried the tape recording yet. I think this would help.