PDA

View Full Version : how can I look more feminine?

patddfan
07-07-2008, 04:20 AM
anyone got any tips on how to make myself look more feminine (without surgery)? i feel feminine, but don't really look too feminine!

renee k
07-07-2008, 06:27 AM
I guess I need to know in what areas ? Your fiqure ? Your face ? Hair ? Just let us know. There's lots help available.

Huggs, Renee

TommiTN
07-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Boy, thats an open ended question! How fem do you look now? What are you doing to look more fem? Without more information I can only advise you to take care of your skin.

Kate Simmons
07-07-2008, 06:56 AM
There is a wealth of advice here and elsewhere about how to look pretty but being "feminine" or anything else really is a state of mind mostly.:)

trannie T
07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Smile

Sophia KT
07-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Do your best and enjoy the feeling, and don't make any rash decicions about clothes/make-up; bad purchases can put you off. Read on the the 'beauty club' too.

Bev06 GG
07-07-2008, 06:03 PM
anyone got any tips on how to make myself look more feminine (without surgery)?

Well honey if theyre your lips I'd start right there. No Joking apart, there are lots of things you can do to make yourself look more feminine. Have you any pics that you could post, preferably full length ones. Then maybe we could advise accordingly.
Bev

Nicole Erin
07-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, all the clothing and makeup aside...

Just remember that tired old advice about walking tall and looking cofident and cheerful when en femme. I know it sounds cliche but it really does help. If you look nervous or angry, people will notice real fast.

NOW for that clothing and makeup part -

Dress to blend it. If you are wearing something out, pick an outfit based on where you are going instead of what your fetishes might be. I think at least a few of us have went to the gas station/mcdonalds in a ballroom gown or perhaps something like a mini skirt and high heels outfit to the mall on a Saturday night [I don't know who did that a few years ago :o ]

Makeup - same thing. Leave the hooker red lipstick and blue eyeshadow for the clubs or the bedroom. Pick natural colors that compliment your skin tone.

Maybe work on your walk and mannerisms a bit too.

HAir - if you can grow your own, great. If not, get a wig that is appropriate for your age and face. Too many older CDs insist on bright blonde wigs that just don't look right.

See we know nothing about your looks or presentation yet but these are a few starters.

joann07
07-07-2008, 10:25 PM

Just remember that tired old advice about walking tall and looking cofident and cheerful when en femme. I know it sounds cliche but it really does help. If you look nervous or angry, people will notice real fast.

Dress to blend it. If you are wearing something out, pick an outfit based on where you are going instead of what your fetishes might be. I think at least a few of us have went to the gas station/mcdonalds in a ballroom gown or perhaps something like a mini skirt and high heels outfit to the mall on a Saturday night [I don't know who did that a few years ago :o ]

Makeup - same thing. Leave the hooker red lipstick and blue eyeshadow for the clubs or the bedroom. Pick natural colors that compliment your skin tone.

HAir - if you can grow your own, great. If not, get a wig that is appropriate for your age and face. Too many older CDs insist on bright blonde wigs that just don't look right.

See we know nothing about your looks or presentation yet but these are a few starters.

Just wanted to add to Erin's tips.
Depending on your height and size, selecting clothing and outfits according to your body type will also help you look feminine and getting the right things that fit and look good is ideal.
Dresses or tops with an empire waist or wrap, will help slim your waist to give you that hourglass figure.
If you have broad shoulders, stay away from tops that have horizontal patterns because that emphasizes wideness.

Mixing and matching, or coordinating, tops and bottoms can be a little tricky, but you should remember neutral colors, such as black, white, brown, grey, tan, or cream can go with anything. So, for example, if you have a brown solid colored skirt, you can match it with a white top or you can take a black top and match it with a patterned skirt, etc, etc.

If you've ever heard of a show called "What not to wear" on TLC (The Learning Channel). I've learned a lot by watching that show and I would highly recommend everyone to watch it because they always have some great tips on fashion as well as makeup.

Hugs!

Pamela Julie
07-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Learn the walk, mannerisms, language (even with a deep voice, speaking like a woman can be convincing if everything else is up to par), and body language. Exude confidence and smile. When you are dressed like a woman, people expect you to be a woman, so all you need to do is not tell them otherwise.

Pamela:)

patddfan
07-08-2008, 04:54 AM

thanks guys! I haven't taken a photo of myself yet, so I chose those lips cause I like them! I will post my female picture soon as I can take one!

Charrell
07-08-2008, 05:09 AM
I used to be very unhappy with my self pics til I met my boyfriend and started letting him take pics of me. Everything changed then. I just wish he'd pose in pics with me but I respect his reasons.

tricia_uktv
07-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Practice, practice, practice

patddfan
07-10-2008, 07:55 PM
for me, I am still very interested in women (Born as female, not CDs), and am not very comfortable with myself in public, so I need to boost my self esteem before trying to do anything else! thanks for all your feedback!

Nicole Erin
07-10-2008, 08:07 PM
A lot of people do have confidence problems, people just show it in different ways. Some insult others, some act like tough guys or whatever.

I have read many things on here about boosting confidence and I admit I am sometimes a chicken about going out looking feminine. I just remember some of the things I read here.
So I know how to *act* confident. You know, proud walk, shoulders back, head high, happy look. If making eye contact, give them a smile. Act like you belong there.

I have to remind myself of these things often.
Fake it until you make it.

patddfan
07-10-2008, 08:15 PM
ok, anyone want to critique my avatar?

Rachel Morley
07-10-2008, 08:38 PM
If you can ... (and by that I mean I don't know your home life, work life, or relationship status) I would say pay attention to the details.

If you are able to feminize your boy self a little then so much the better. By that I mean no body hair. IMHO there is nothing worse than seeing a cute looking CD with awesome "hair" and make-up, beautiful clothes, but then you look closer and see black hairy stubble on her cleavage and hands and fingers that look like King Kong. However, I do fully understand it can be a big problem for those that need to be just as masculine as they always have been in boy mode. Work colleges, wife etc.

If you can, grow your nails longer it will make your hands look better especially with a good manicure. If you are able to pluck your eyebrows then go as thin and as shaped as you can get away with.

For what it's worth, all these seemingly small details are what IMHO make all the difference in girl mode. :2c:

renee k
07-10-2008, 09:12 PM
If you can ... (and by that I mean I don't know your home life, work life, or relationship status) I would say pay attention to the details.

If you are able to feminize your boy self a little then so much the better. By that I mean no body hair. IMHO there is nothing worse than seeing a cute looking CD with awesome "hair" and make-up, beautiful clothes, but then you look closer and see black hairy stubble on her cleavage and hands and fingers that look like King Kong. However, I do fully understand it can be a big problem for those that need to be just as masculine as they always have been in boy mode. Work colleges, wife etc.

If you can, grow your nails longer it will make your hands look better especially with a good manicure. If you are able to pluck your eyebrows then go as thin and as shaped as you can get away with.

For what it's worth, all these seemingly small details are what IMHO make all the difference in girl mode. :2c:

I totally agree with Rachel. The more you can do to make yourself fit the female norm appearance wise the better.

Huggs, Renee

patddfan
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
thanks!

Bev06 GG
07-11-2008, 02:01 AM

If you are able to feminize your boy self a little then so much the better. By that I mean no body hair. IMHO there is nothing worse than seeing a cute looking CD with awesome "hair" and make-up, beautiful clothes, but then you look closer and see black hairy stubble on her cleavage and hands and fingers that look like King Kong. For what it's worth, all these seemingly small details are what IMHO make all the difference in girl mode. :2c:

Yes good advice Rachel. Many regular guys get manicures and have their eye brows plucked now a days. I was talking to one of my GG friends a few weeks ago who works in a beauty clinic. She said that more and more guys are coming for body waxing than ever before. She sounded very disappointed because she loves hairy chests, but apparently its not the in thing any more.
Bev

patddfan
07-12-2008, 02:43 AM
i'm not yet that comfortable with my sexuality to go out in public!