PDA

View Full Version : Mirror, mirror...

Emma England
07-07-2008, 11:52 AM
I read in a magazine recently that an average woman looks in the mirror 38 times each day.

Does this sound familiar to you?

tricia_uktv
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, probably, but you have to think of things like shop windows as mirrors. My friend Tina looks in a mirror 38 times an hour hah-hah but so frustrating!

Kristen Marie
07-07-2008, 04:37 PM
We have a club in Massachusetts called the Randolph Country Club. I was there for only about two minutes before I realized there were no mirrors anywhere. In guy mode, I would have never noticed.

Even my avatar is through the mirror......

SherriePall
07-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I think I looked in a mirror that many times in the 15 minutes before the photography studio was ready for me a couple of years ago.

Karren H
07-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Ohh yeah!! I do that easy...... I'm always in the restroom...... I have a small bladder.. :). Lol

Nicole Erin
07-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Gyod no! I look into it only 37 times a day.
Quit overestimating.

SandyR
07-07-2008, 09:08 PM
38 times, 2 bottles of water, add coffee......at least that much.

SandyR

abundantly_me
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
38 times looking in the mirror, I don't think so . . . . maybe on those occasions where your out and you desire to make an impression, but on a regular every day mode, maybe at the max 12, and that's only because you drank too much coffee and are constantly running to use the rest rooms!

women are not like the character in Greek Mythology who fell in love with his own image, where they have to adore themselves constantly.

so don't believe what you may hear or read, 38 really does seem outlandish.

Emma England
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
38 times looking in the mirror, I don't think so . . . . maybe on those occasions where your out and you desire to make an impression, but on a regular every day mode, maybe at the max 12, and that's only because you drank too much coffee and are constantly running to use the rest rooms!

women are not like the character in Greek Mythology who fell in love with his own image, where they have to adore themselves constantly.

so don't believe what you may hear or read, 38 really does seem outlandish.

Well, 38 is an average. Some like yourself may only look, say, 18 times. Someone else may look 58 times.

The idea is to make sure you are still looking good.

Sonia_cd
07-08-2008, 11:48 AM
As an average guy I think 38 as an average is about right...
as a woman, my average is about 5...only becuase I know I look good and feel totally comfortable so don't feel the need to keep looking.

hmmm...As I read back it sounds so strange but its true.

RobertaFermina
07-08-2008, 01:58 PM
When dressed, I *may* look *away* from the mirror up to 38 times.:D

:rose: Roberta :rose: