PDA

View Full Version : How to run in high heels

Deborah_UK
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Not sure which category this should have been in, so apologies to the mods if this is the wrong one!

This may help you if you plan on running in high heels!

http://www.virginmedia.com/take5/video/vid-run-heels.php

TommiTN
07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks, Deb! That may come in handy one day.

sterling12
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
A "lady" never runs! A "lady" never strides! A "lady".....saunters. I don't think pumps were ever intended for running.

If, there was an attack, or a similar danger; I would take off the heel and use it as a weapon. That would have to be more effective than trying to run from my attacker in stiletto's.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Jane G
07-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Take em off if you must run. Better not to have to.

TommiTN
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
A pointed toe meeting his cojones at high velocity can stop any bozo in his tracks. Also, you can stamp your heel down on his foot. There are several thousand pounds per square inch of potential energy available using either of those methods.

Susan Watersfield
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks Deborah.

I think she could teach me a lot about feminine poise.

But Oh to be able to run in an outfit like that :)

Luv

Susan

Emily Anderson
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks Deborah.

I think she could teach me a lot about feminine poise.

But Oh to be able to run in an outfit like that :)

Luv

Susan

Yes, she's definitely a very talented lady! Great video, and thanks for that. About fifty years of practice and I'll be right there...

Autumndawn
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
It's best to use the "balls" of your feet and be cognizant of those cute little pillars on the back of the shoe! Imagining an orange held between your thighs is a good thing to remember as well. With that said, if you are going somewhere that you think you might really need to run, wear tennies!
:) Autumn

Karren H
07-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Lol... Cute..... I've run in heels before and its not to different than running in ice skates.. Just hike up your skirt and take off... And if I had to I would kick them off.. And ruin a pair of stockings... If and only if I had to..

Natalia
07-08-2008, 04:53 PM
How to run in high heels?

Carefully, very very carefully:)

DonnaT
07-08-2008, 04:55 PM
There's a High Heel-A-Thon on Live with Regis and Kelly tomorrow (9 July 2008), so watch and learn.

Vash
07-08-2008, 06:02 PM
you know, I have noticed lately in TV shows and some movies where our "heroine" will be dressed to the nines including high heel boots and then all of a sudden has to jump onto something or run fast chasing someone the the high heel boots suddenly become very comfortable flat boots. Just an observation. I don't think heels are really made to truly run in

AnnMorgan
07-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Well under the guise of research I had to watch this clip several times....in slow motion.
Hey! It's a learning moment.
(sequins in day time?)

Angie G
07-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Well if I ever need to run in my heel I'll keep that in mind hun thanks.:hugs:
Angie

Deanna2
07-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't think it is as hard as it looks. I've run around to the phone at the other end of the house a few times and haven't done damage to myself. Even done it in 10cm heels.

DeeAnne69
07-08-2008, 11:33 PM
well i wish i had watched that before i broke my ankle trying to run in my heels , was off work for a month ,, just couldnt bring myself to tell them that i broke it wearing my strappy 4in heels :doh::eek:

renee k
07-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi Deb,

Thanks for the post, lots of good tips!

Huggs, Renee

CD Susan
07-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the post Deborah. I have never had to run in heels before and hope I never have too. I broke an ankle once (nothing to do with heels) and would not want to go through that again. If I had to run I would take them off and risk losing them over taking the chance of injuring myself. Very interesting video though.

RylieCD
07-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I would agree in TAKE THEM OFF!!!!!, Why on earth would you want to run in heals, it is like cleaning (doing house work) in heals. I value my ankles, Thank you

Nicole Erin
07-09-2008, 05:08 PM
There's a High Heel-A-Thon on Live with Regis and Kelly tomorrow (9 July 2008), so watch and learn.

Those women haul ass though, probably faster than a lot of people could in street tennies.

For the "attacker" thing, I don't think this is meant as a way to escape an attacker so much but if you need to run for whatever other reason, something serious like the store you need to get to is closing soon and there is something in there you just cannot live without.