PDA

View Full Version : Ooops!!

TommiTN
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I may have outed myself last night. Stepped out the back door to have a smoke (I know, I know! I'm trying to quit. I don't allow myself to smoke in the house just to make it more difficult). I was decked out in one of my sundresses, wig, heels and boobs. Overcast night about 10PM. Most folks are in bed or at least inside at that hour in this little town. Two doors down the neighbor's floodlight is on. Nothing unusual there; they seem to forget to turn it off about half the time. So I light up sitting on the deck. Everything's fine, feeling very serene, watching the fireflies and hearing the crickets chirping. Then a movement in the lighted area. I look over and there's my neighbor working on his pickup. I don't think he saw me as the distance between us was about 100 feet and there was only the ambient light where I was, but he seemed to be looking in my direction. I cupped my cigarette and kept perfectly still until he turned back to his work, then I went back inside. I don't know him very well; he and his wife keep to themselves pretty much so I haven't had a chance to confirm yet. I guess if it ever comes up I can just say I had a visitor. Yeah, that's it! A visitor! (channeling John Lovets as Tommy Flanagan). A case of Pink Fog blindness?

Sarah Doepner
07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I understand completely. Last night I was dressed in a new outfit that was just perfect. I kept making excuses for not going out, I didn't have my favorite bracelet, my nails weren't painted, I needed to shave my legs. It went on and on, but as the evening went on, I resolved all the issues and the only thing holding me back was my fear. I put my keys and driver licence in my purse, went to the garage where I disabled the interior light (nice work on a ladder with cute sandals!), opened the door and drove out the long drive. All the way out the neighboring motion sensor lights would light up the car, but I made it out and went to an outdoor mall to walk around. The hour was late and there was no one about, but I still had to make it home, get down the drive and into the garage without being seen. Did I make it? I don't know, but it is nice being out and getting some air, isn't it?

tricia_uktv
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
YAY, do it again tonight hon xx

Emily Anderson
07-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Maybe just the thrill of thinking someone may have outed you. It doesn't sound like you're all that worried about it, so why not take it a step further?

TommiTN
07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I want to be at least presentable. I still have a lot to learn about comportment, makeup, etc.

And no, I'm not all that worried about it. I'm pretty sure he didn't see me. If he did all he saw was a distant silhouette. Geeze, can't a guy have his GF over?

Deborah Jane
07-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I don,t know if this helps Tommi, but one of my neighbours saw me leave my house one evening "dressed" once and the only comment i got was about whether i was worried about my girlfriend being on her own going home so late.

TommiTN
07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes, Deb, it does help. Most people are pretty unobservant unless you give them reasons to suspect something. I live in a pretty small town (about 20,000 people), and although there's a fair chance there is at least one other CDer here, people don't expect it and aren't looking for it.

jjlovestocd
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure i outted myself once too. I was in a parking lot changing into my femme clothes(cause i just had the unbearable urge to go out) when this guy walks right past my car. All i had on were my forms and a skirt because i was in the process of getting my top on. I could tell the guy had noticed me in the car but i wasn't sure what he had seen. As soon as i saw him out of the corner of my eye i laid my shirt over my chest to try to cover up my forms but i think it was too late and the damage had been done. It definetly got my adrenaline pumping though. Fortunately the guy didn't say anything and just kept on walking.

lisalove
07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Small town about 20,000 people huh lol. My town has about 421, so the sign says. But I'm always out in my yard in a bikini or driving my truck (bright yellow) you can't miss it. People don't even take a second look at me.

TommiTN
07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
421! You are one brave lady, Lisa!

CrossKimmy
07-10-2008, 02:51 AM
OMG, your thread inspired me to go out just now

I have some girly things in my car so I just went out there and I changed in my car and I was walking around in a blue shirt dress when I got to the corner, I heard a guy talking on the other side of the block

I think he noticed me, but I couldn't hear what he was saying

I may have outed myself to a neighbor girls!

lisalove
07-10-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't know if it's brave or not. I just couldn't care any less what anybody thinks about me dressing the way I want to dress. Basically it's nobodies damn business what I do or wear or spend my hard earned money on.
I hope that didn't sound rude, I am just so tired of seeing people cry about "society" not accepting them, yet they do nothing to change it. So far Society accepts me as I am. I know this because nobody has ever said anything nor took a second look at me.

Angie G
07-10-2008, 08:24 PM
That happened to me also But it was light out and the Landlady was getting her mail I don;t know if she really did see me or not. :hugs:
Angie

CD Susan
07-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Tommi, I know how you feel and can understand your feelings about outing yourself. I remember when this happened to me. I was completely dressed up and wearing a short frilly dress and walked out to the mailbox in the daytime. It just that happened that my neighbor was backing his car out of his driveway at the same time. He saw me for sure from about 300 feet away and just stopped and looked at me for what seemed like an eternity. He never said anything to me about it since that happened about 5 years ago. I think he did not know it was me and probably thought I had a girl friend visiting. That was in the day when I was buried so very deep in the closet and did not dare to be who I realy am. I now go out anywhere I want dressed and no one has ever said anything to me. It is such a liberated feeling. I can relate to all those that are sill in the closet as I was there for 50 years!

TommiTN
07-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks, Susan! It's been several days since my original post about this. I still haven't had a chance to guage him. I don't think he saw me, or if he did he didn't recognize me because of the poor light. Next time I see him I think I'll go strike up a conversation and see if I can "read" him (works both ways).

Let me guess... Don't tell me... It's a MOPAR product from the mid to late 60s/early 70s. Am I right? The roofline is familar. You look good in it!

Kendra (Tx)
07-12-2008, 04:50 PM
First of all, I look QUITE different in "guy mode" than as Kendra ( thank goodness ):D I've not had any problems any time I've gone out..But there are a couple of times that I''ve wondered if anyone has "suspected"...One instance for me was at work...at my job, I have the reputation as a "miracle worker"....and one day, I had taken to task a problem that no one else had any luck in correcting...After some time I had the problem solved....( of course )...LOL A few minutes afterwards the "boss" came out to thank me for getting it done...and being the "Macho hairy Italian/Greek" decent,guy he was....( When I mean hairy, I mean HAIRY...I gave him the nickname of "Wookie"...LOL ) he gave me a shot on the arm and said "You Da man"....And then as he walked by, under his breath, he said..."And sometimes the woman"... Outwardly I didn't react....Inwardly, I soiled my underwear....Hmmmmm....I didnt say anything to him...and he never mentioned it afterwards....But by the same token..He'd have "outed" himself if he had....Why would he have mentioned something like that unless he looked for t girl sites.... Who knows...We're still friends today...
And the second instance...I have a neighbor who is openly of an "Alternate lifestyle"...I don't have a problem with that..He's a good neighbor and we exchange pleasantries on occasion...One time Kendra was going out and he happen to be working in his garage...Hmmm...Ususally I keep an eye out, but must have missed him....Well..We saw each other and he gave a smile...No crisis again...LOL

http://kendra954.com

Nicole Erin
07-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Kendra, if you are really good at what you do, they aren't going to do anything to lose you or risk losing you. It's that thing about being irreplaceable.

Plus, your boss might find it funny that you CD but he probably doesn't really care.

I wonder how he would know about you CDing anyways?