PDA

View Full Version : Commonalities

Emily Anderson
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Over the past several years, like many, I've tried to understand what crossdressing is all about, and what common traits crossdressers may have.

I've tried to learn about the passion for the clothes, the desire to look like a woman, the escape to a fantasy world, the social and sexual aspects, and so on... But of course, I've fallen far from understanding anything!

However, I did have a thought earlier today about the CD forum, and how people interact on here, as compared to say a "movie buff" forum, in which some people like certain film genres, some watch the movies for the actors, some like certain producers etc. and came to the conclusion (gosh, that sounds so final!) that the only true commonality between crossdressers is that we crossdress.

Perhaps I haven't been thinking out of the box...

Amy Hepker
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Well that is the definition. There are so many ways to crossdress that make make it more.

Sarah...
07-08-2008, 03:57 PM
And some of us like biking.

A lot of us like music.

Some of us share a geeky fascination with Apple Macs.

Others are engineers.

We mostly seem to like photography.

We DO all like crossdressing, agreed!

We're all common or garden human beings.

Just a few to start the list...

Deborah Jane
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
We come from all walks of life Emily and from all social backgrounds.
With most of us the desire to crossdress has been with us from an early age.
Some of us tried to suppress that desire well into adulthood, others didn,t and accepted it from an early age.
I would guess that at some point we all thought we were the only one to have the desire to dress and sometimes try to behave as the opposite gender.
Eventually, with the arrival of the internet and forums such as this, we discovered there were others out there just like us.
Now we come together to try to support each other and share experiances.
People from every walk of life.
The one thing we have in common is that we are all somewhere on the Transgendered spectrum.

TommiTN
07-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Well met, Deborah Jane!

Leslie Foxx
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Our tapestry is woven of threads of infinite hues.