PDA

View Full Version : Huge step for me

boy2girl31
07-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Where I live we have a bar that I found out does a drag show every Wedensday night. I have gone to the show for the past 2 weeks and was asked to participate last week, so I went in tonight with a bag containing all my "accessories" I lip synced Kelly Clarkson and felt great there were a few people there who had no interest in the show and made comments about the "freaks" but almost everyone was very supportive. Has anyone else ever seen this or tried it? I was very nervous but think I will do it again and I will take my camera along because I know you will all want to see. Finally thanks to everyone here I don't think I could have done it without hearing all your stories.

Angie G
07-10-2008, 04:45 AM
You go girl sounds like showbiz is in yo8u blood now so go have some fun.:hugs:
Angie

TommiTN
07-10-2008, 08:18 AM
The first time is always the hardest. Now you know you can do it. I wish I had your fortitude. Pics, please!

Bootsiegalore
07-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Sounds like fun! Something I'd like to try!

Tara

Cheryl Anne
07-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Congrats!!!! :cheer: :clap: I hope it was as big of a rush for you as it was for me to hit the stage for the first time. I had done one contest and two benefit shows. Was on cloud 9 for a month.

Bev06 GG
07-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow that sounds like it took some guts. Can I add a big ditto to the pics please request. Would be lovely to see you performing (OOps didn't mean that to sound quite like that), but you know what I mean.
Let us know how you get on next time you visit and thanks for sharing that with us.
Bev

suzy cool
07-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Next time out "I will survive" is requested.:) You haven't been to a drag show until someone sings that. I admire your courage. I think all CDs are just showoffs trying to get out.

boy2girl31
07-11-2008, 02:13 AM
First thanks again for the encouragement. Second I just bought a new digital camera But I can't find where I put it I'll find it by next wedensday. Third to suzy cool , is that a destiny's child song? If so I could try that it is just lip sincing at my new fave bar.

CD Susan
07-12-2008, 12:08 AM
I have never been to a drag show but would like to go to one sometime. There is nothing like that here where I live in rural Iowa. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself performing on stage and that is all that matters. Personally I am too shy to do something like that but would love to be part of the audience.

DemonicDaughter
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
LIPS is a New York City drag show and bar. I thought that for those going out in public for the first time would feel more comfortable there as well as get an opportunity to see some "professional" ladies at work. I love going and plan on doing this several times a year. :D

I think its very brave of you to do it and also want piccies!!!! :love:

tricia_uktv
07-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Yay, well done. I did an entirely different version of 'Wild Thing' two weeks ago. Its definately fun, and nobody worries too much. Its show biz!

boy2girl31
07-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Ok I just got home and down loaded my pics from my digital. For those who wanted pics here you go. They had time constraints tonight so I could only do 1 number but here it is. BTW I was singing Gwen Steffani "Rich Girl". The spotlight ruined the make-up job and next time I think I will use a waterproof foundation and powder becauser it was quite hot in the bar. As for waterproof any suggestions?

TommiTN
07-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Very cute outfit!

Laura_Stephens
07-18-2008, 12:23 PM
congrats! Sounds like you had fun.

DemonicDaughter
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
THAT IS AWESOME! I love it! When are you touring in NY?

Jodi
07-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Is that bar in Warren the Funky Skunk? Since the Queen of Hearts closed, some of the girls have been doing girls night out at the Funky Skunk.

Jodi

charlie
07-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow! I'm impressed. Not only going to the shows, but being a star!

boy2girl31
07-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Just a quick note to awnser some questions in this thread.

DemonicDaughter as for a tour I am just getting brave enough to do it at a bar where I know people.

Jodi Yes it is the skunk.

charlie Not close to the star I am like #3.

Lastly any suggestions on a waterproof foundation?

DemonicDaughter
07-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Lastly any suggestions on a waterproof foundation?

Now that you are on stage... might as well try stage makeup, its virtually sweat-proof. You'll still need blotting papers and a touch up now and again, but its created to last on performers. :)

boy2girl31
08-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Adding some later performance pics.