PDA

View Full Version : Urge to Purge?

Deanna2
05-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi y'all. I'm quite new here and this may have been done before, but I'm curious.

You often hear about CD's and their sometimes not infrequent 'urge to purge'. That is they want to discard all their lovely femme gear that they have previously hunted through shops for hours, cherished and worn with whatever emotion they may have at the time.

I don't understand!

I like wearing femme gear and do it quite often - like I wear knickers and pantyhose for everyday wear. There are times that I either don't have the time or opportunity to wear more elaborate femme gear or there are people about. But I don't see any circumstances that would make me want to dispose of any gear. Certainly not clear out my wardrobe or drawers.

I'm interested in what others have to say.

Luvya

Mira
05-17-2005, 08:36 AM
For me it was during the years of thinking CD'ing was wrong and I'd let guilt over take me and purge. Since I've learned there's nothing wrong with my dressing and grown to accept it fully, I don't purge anymore.

The last time I purged was just under a year ago was to please an unaccepting spouse. She accepted my dressing at first but always got around to throwing it in my face as some abnormal destructive behaviour. When I tossed out some shoes and hose, I hoped she'd tell me to keep them, but I only saw satisfaction in her eyes as I walked the trash to the curb.

Many others have been in both of these situations. Now that I'm free, I've vowed never to purge again. It's time to love me, all of me, and crossdressing is an important part of my life.

It's good to hear that you've never had this problem. It's encouraging. You may be new here, but you seem to be further along than I was.

Hugs,

Mira

PS., Darn I miss those sable colored hose and boots!!! :eek:

Wendy me
05-17-2005, 09:07 AM
i had heard abought girls going through a dreaded purge before and had never did that
well i almost did a purge not too long ago ... girlfreind stop lock them things away don't do it ...my faid purge well dame near got me to throught out wendy ...shocked battered and torn it was like a bad accdent that you could not stop.... some sisters talked some scence into me (thank god for that...) good god stop put it all away some place safe ...see this ....http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6964..... now don't do it...

DonnaT
05-17-2005, 10:58 AM
I've never purged :D

Jenjen
05-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Hi all! New to this forum. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Purging is necessary to make room for new stuff. But some items that have sentimental value are worth keeping forever. I shop alot, its one of my bad habits. I'm probably worse than alot of GG girls. thats how bad I am. :rolleyes:

But if you have to purge, purge your other genders clothing! :D

Jen

chris
05-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi Deanna,
Funny you should mention this topic...I think as I write this I am having a "what am I doing all this for " moment. I can't explain it other than since I joined the forum in March my cd'ing has really taken over alot of my time and thoughts...as an example, I've told my wife I like to cd, I have been seeing a therapist (don't laugh it helps) and have been posting here almost daily and I have been dressing more than I ever have, which as all of you know takes a good bit of time, for me at least a minimum of two hours. It's not that I want to purge all my stuff as I have in the past, but I think I maybe reaching my apex for now anyway. There is a reason that I decided to accept that crossdressing is a part of my life and to just disregard all of the strides I've made in the past weeks would be foolish. I think at this point I'm not gonna toss all my stuff but I may give it rest for a while or until my wife and I come back from our trip to Palm Springs this weekend.... :)

Jenjen
05-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Teehee! almost magical, almost chance.

Well, enjoy your break here while in town.

careful of the winds, its been pretty windy here lately. altho hotwinds.
:p

Jenn

philmaria
05-17-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't know why others purge,but for me it usually comes after i have gone through a long spell of dressing almost every moment i can,and then i say to myself,your a man stop this,and try to stop dressing,but usually after a week or so the urge to dress comes back,and then i have to start all over again.I have not purged in several years,after coming out to my sister,i don't know why it was,but that was a turning point.Damn I wish i had all the stuff i have purged through the years,but that would fill two closets,oh well

chris
05-17-2005, 11:51 AM
yeah I gotta watch out for those "devil winds" might make my skirt fly up... :)

Krissi
05-17-2005, 12:29 PM
I haven't purged, but I have buried. I've hidden my stuff deep in the closet and not dressed in over a years time a few times before. I've been lucky in that I haven't been put in a situation where to stop dressing I have to dump everything. Some have to purge to hide from friends and family. Some purge to hide from themselves. Guilt and confusion can be powerful emotions and can cause us girls to waste a lot of money trying to settle them.

Annabel Girlie
05-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Oh yes, had lots of purges over the years. Main reasons?

1. Concern that it is taking over my life and I can't afford to invest so much time & emotion in something that still remains hidden from my wife and anyone else who knows me - with a vague notion that "I will stop this" (I don't / can't of course!)

2. Concern that my wife will find things - with very bad consequences!

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-17-2005, 12:37 PM
i only purged once and i lost a nice skirt and some nice heels :(
DONT EVER PURGE,, if u feel the need to stop just put ur girl clothes in a box and hide them in the closet,, purging is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to costly,, and U WILL want to dress again as it IS a part of u and who u r.. :)

if u need to make room for more clothes(i dont understand how u can have to many nice things) then just pack them away in the attic or give them to goodwill :)

gender_blender
05-17-2005, 02:52 PM
I never purged either.
The idea never crossed my mind until I heard that other crossdressers did it, but even then I saw it as a futile attempt to reaffirm gender conformity and didn't see any sense to it.

Charlie

Merinda
05-17-2005, 03:37 PM
My Reasons to purge -

****The item must have no sentimental value*****

(1) no longer fits you
(2) never worn item , sitting in closet for years gathering dust
(3) item worn out and replaced
(4) haven't worn for years , well out of fasion

AbbyLee
05-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Years ago, out of guilt and a desire (stupid) to reform and hopefully go into remission, I conducted a total purge. Every since then I have regretted it. I really miss that cute wig and ankle strap heels. Since then, I only purge those things that no longer fit, look, or feel good and fem. Don't do it!! I promise you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Hugs, AbbyLee

ps hon, there are some great threads on hiding places for fem stuff if that is what you need.

Christine Hanes
05-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I purged twice.

Once was just out of high school. I almost got caught by my sister and got real scared my very conservative family would find out. I didnt have alot of stuff, but a few nice things I miss today.

The second was just before I got married. Tried as I may I was not able to broach the subject with my wife. And I figured I was starting a new life, had a steady women in my life, plus I hadnt dressed in a year, so rather then move all my stuff I would give it to Goodwill. I had some really nice things :( .

After about a year of marrage the urge came back though. I've started over slowly. The best thing is that my wife and I are about the same size, so that's handy. I've been in the process of letting her know I like to dress and express my fem side, but she still holds onto the idea that it's wrong and CD'ers are gay. :rolleyes: But I am patient.

JoannaDees
05-17-2005, 08:28 PM
My semi-purge just ended. I just boxed her up. Well, now she's back out, and I thought it was not going to happen again. I've really gotta embrace the freedom of going with your feelings and desires. I'm trying.

Elysia
05-17-2005, 08:29 PM
I have purged many times in my life. I purged every few months when I was a teenager, so that I never amassed much of a collection. I always lived in fear of my stash of clothes being discovered. In retrospect, I was probably unnecessarily concerned; my parents have an amazing capacity for denial. In college I built bigger collections but even then I would occasionally decide to quit and throw it all out. I couldn’t bring myself to tell my girl friend about my cross-dressing before we got married (I really intended to, had told myself I would). Instead I decided to quit and again out went all my clothes.

Then I started buying things to wear at night while I was on business trips. I’d buy lingerie to sleep in while away and would then leave it in the hotel room when I left for home. I once bought a silky light blue bra and panties set in San Francisco that was so nice that I was very reluctant to let it go. I ended up taking the pretty set home, only to throw it out a few days later.

I eventually realized that I was never going to successfully quit and worked up the nerve to tell my wife about my desires. Now I have a draw full of lingerie and a section of my closet devoted to my fem clothes. I have no plans to purge ever again.

Purging makes no sense except as an attempt to quit for good. I used to try to quit because I thought that my cross-dressing was a flaw in my character. I thought I was weird and weak and courting a terrible disaster. So over and over I convinced myself that I’d never do it again and removed all evidence of it ever happening. It would be, I thought, like it never happened; only I’d know and in time maybe even I’d forget. Oh well… I’ll not regret the past. I know better now.

Donna Delite
05-17-2005, 08:45 PM
I've never purged and hope I never do. Sure, I have some "down time" now and then and don't dress as often as other times, but I've never even though about purging or giving it up. After all, we are what we are!

ronni
05-17-2005, 09:07 PM
I threw away all my girlie things one time, and I don't think I will do that again. I have spent too much time and money deciding just what I wanted to own and I love my clothes. Only if they won't fit anymore or if the fashion trends change a lot will I need to replace them. Of course, I can always add to my collection!

Tristen Cox
05-18-2005, 01:19 AM
No urge here. Been there done that, only a big expensive when I go back on the hunt again to replace everything I foolishly gave up. Never again I say :cool:

Deanna2
05-18-2005, 03:30 AM
Thanks for all the comments.

I've never had the urge (to purge) and can't see myself doing it. Most girls think purging is BAAAAAD and something that will be always regretted. I think that is good advice.

Some of you did say that you have to make room for new gear and that's good as they only make closets and drawers so big. Makes you wonder which is more fun - shopping for femme gear or wearing femme gear. Personally, I love both.

Luvya