PDA

View Full Version : perfecting that female voice

jennifer24
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Looking for ways to create a passable female voice, I have heard of one. You push on your vocal cord and talk until your vioce gets softer, it`s supposed to be a training method, had no luck.:daydreaming::straightface: JENN

TommiTN
07-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Check YouTube. There's a good tutorial there.

JadeOnyxx
07-11-2008, 08:29 PM
I've always had a very fem voice so it's hard to tell someone else about practicing to get a more natural feminine voice, on the other hand, I found this site on google. Here you go http://www.translife.net/voice.htm

MJ
07-11-2008, 09:18 PM
i give up .. just do what i can with what i got ...

DanaR
07-11-2008, 09:37 PM
If you do some research, you'll find that having a more feminine sounding voice requires more than pitch or softness; it would be more about intonation. Actually, all of this would help.

Kimberly Marie
07-11-2008, 09:49 PM
No problem there..I always get mistaken on the phone...they always call me ma'am......hehe

CD Susan
07-11-2008, 09:57 PM
No problem there..I always get mistaken on the phone...they always call me ma'am......hehe

You lucky girl!!!

victoriamwilliams1
07-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Try candiFLA on youtube.

whitelace
07-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi jenn,
If you go on you youtube there is one particular video that is amazing and it might be something that will help you. I lost the link the last time my machine crashed ( I should have backed it up ) but perhaps some one here can give you the link, let us know if it helped. I'm a singer and it's somewhat easier to control those higher pitches, so try singing some girlie stuff like kd lang or bette midler and listen to women phrase their words. A small tape recorder is a very good tool for gauging how you coming along . A good way to try it out is, over the phone, at that point you are just a voice that's being heard by a stranger. best of luck with this. Give this a good long try and see how you sound after 6 mos then at a year . It takes time but it is very possible if that is what you genuinely want hugs....lacie:battingeyelashes:

Empress Lainie
07-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Here is some information I had from elsewhere that may be helpful.
Everybody can have a feminine voice. 50% of people who put in a real effort will have a fantastic female voice, remainder will have passable, but good.
Vocal training can take 120days min with strong commitment to change, 6 months to 9-12 months with more casual commitment.
For a Feminine voice; Pitch is just below middle C and have higher resonance
Book: Lilian Glass, closing the gap between sexes – a gender diff book.
She often teaches speech flow and talking faster and more melodiously.
Some people think that female voice’s melodic intonation is ending in upswing, but really that’s mostly younger teen to 20s gals, a lot of adult Gals end on down-tone
Take care of what you wearing as you practice your voice. It helps with Attitude and gives better results.
Use more Feminine words, “I’d love to see you at 5”, add more colorful, descriptive/texture words. Avoid, direct succinct statements like “I went to Macy’s and bought a new skirt” and say it with more texture and description.
Women tend to be more detailed and use better manners. Use more “please”, “excuse me” and “thank you”. “Oh might I get you” vs. “get me…”
Belly movement is better for vocal control – do this no fewer than a couple hundred thousand times – everywhere really. Links Feminine voice to breathing technique
Orchestras tune at the start to A-flat by 1st violin, do the same thing with your feminine voice
A falsetto voice is not as high as the nasal Mickey Mouse voice, more like the Beach Boys or Tiny Tim’s “tiptoe through the tulips”.
Try and use exact constant sounds when speaking
Mistakes to avoid; don’t talk too soft (sounds like a man trying to sound like a woman). Really easy for folks to match pitches, so find a good female one and match that.
Kathe’s website Exceptionalvoice.com has top 10 tips to improve voice. ( http:/www.exceptionalvoice.com )
It is important to use head resonance, having a lighter higher sound. Try to consciously imagine getting your throat tighter with Larynx higher. Envision your voice coming from behind your eyeballs and forehead
Also focus on Pitch, breathing and articulation
Tip: Use note A3 below middle C to tune feminine voice, with some speech elements above and some below.
Be careful as it’s really easy to go into Falsetto voice as A3 is right on edge of Falsetto/nasal voice. It helps a lot to have a recording voice to tell how your voice really sounds.
You can also use a freq tuner / specializer device or software package.
Trick for finding center voice? Try and find A3 on a Piano and match that tone.
Some lower ranged female singers to match voice with: Joany Mitchell- Dianna crow, KC Townstal
Kathe Perez Is available for voice training sessions via her website, tends to do sessions every two weeks. But weekly gives better Progress. If you commit to 3 months strong commitment with homework and exercises, you can get the best most efficient results.
Has a CD program through a friend.
Kathe will be at Southern Comfort this year. Go see her.
I rarely worry about my voice anymore, I always pass except on the telephone. If someone isn't looking at me and just hears me they will say SIR, but I just say look at me, do I look like a Sir to you?
They apologize at once everytime.
My voice is centered on F#3. My mom's voice was lower than mine is.

Sarah...
07-12-2008, 04:23 AM
Wow, Lainie! What a comprehensive synopsis - thanks for that.

Sarah...

Hotlegz75
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
I can almost get it to sound like a fem but I still have that little low bass in the background and I am a smoker too, so I guess that doesnt help.----Denise