PDA

View Full Version : Went Shopping For Women's Clothes 1st Time

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi ladies. I did it. I went shopping for women's clothes at a store for the first time today.

I was up in Bensalem,PA visiting a relative and had to stop at Neshaminy Mall to get a mount for my Garmin.So on the way out I had to go through the women's section in Boscov's and starting to look around.I stood there at first, a little nervous because I'm in guy mode. I finally step into the area and people were around,mostly GG's. As I was browsing, I started to think that everyone was looking at me and I looked up and guess what? No one was not paying me one bit of attention. I felt at ease and continued till I found this cute flowery design tank top which was large at it fits me great. In guy mode, I take a 36- 38 pants size,I seen a pair of denim shorts and since I'm not sure what size it would women's so I picked up a 24W medium. After arrived home,I tried them on the top is great but the shorts were a little big,so I"ll wash them in hot water and dry them on high to shrink them and if that doesn't help,I'll just have to wear a belt.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with all of you.Take care,talk to you all later.

Felicity :)

bobbie_1048
07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Hiya Felicity, welcome to the wonderful world of shopping. If you enjoyed yourself in guy mode, just wait till you go shopping enfemme. It's wondeful going out as a girl and the big plus is that you can try things on before buying. All my best to you. huggzzz, bobbie

Robertacd
07-12-2008, 02:23 PM
I take a 36- 38 pants size,I seen a pair of denim shorts and since I'm not sure what size it would women's so I picked up a 24W medium.

I am glad you had fun, and it gets easier every time so don't stop.

BTW: If you wear a 36-38 waist mens I think an 18-20 womans would be a better fit. Remember woman don't normally wear their clothes as baggy as men.

Sarah...
07-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey! Well done Felicity! Now do some more!! I was shopping today also - nice pair of skinny flare jeans that fit like a dream.

Let's hear it for shopping...

Sarah...

Sally1979ct
07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Gud un yah - I was nervous at first and now i cannot keep out of them buying clothes ...

Sally :)

Jaydee
07-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Philly,
Congratulations. It is a big first step. When I first started shopping in stores, I too was very nervous, so I just occasionally referenced a small piece of paper, and mentally imagined that I was shopping for my wifes birthday. I even used this ruse with the SAs. It made it easier for me. But in reality no one is actaully paying attention, and the store just wants your money, they don't care what you do with the clothing. Good Luck. The adventure begins...(I hope your wallet can take it)

Jaydee

tricia_uktv
07-12-2008, 03:58 PM
YAY - It just gets better hon and you'll begin to love the rush.

Veronica 1
07-12-2008, 04:09 PM
I have used many different ploys and even tried the "Daddy's in the doghouse, mamma gets a new dress" routine but now I just go and buy them and no one cares as long as my money is the same as the next persons.

Amy Hepker
07-12-2008, 04:15 PM
You went into the forbidden zone for the Males??? What were you thinking, now the whole world will know you are a CROSSDRESSER!!!!!!!!1 Like ya Right, I hope you had a Great Time and enjoy.

rachellegsep
07-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Also went shopping this morning in guy mode but wearing a pair of womens stretch denim boot leg jeans. No body even noticed just like my wife :hugs: said fit they fit me much better than mens (she just likes my buns :o). Bought another pair in a skinny leg fit, a stretch denim pencil skirt, some winter tights, 2 underwire bra's and a long sleeve cross over top.

With my 1st attempts at shopping I was furtive and nervous, especially with other women nearby or when SA's approached. Now I dont give d... I have even had the cashier say to me whilst buying bra and panty set (close to valentines) ooh thats nice I wish my boyfriend would buy me something like that. If they only knew :D. The more you do it the easier it becomes people naturely think you are buying for wife, girlfriend etc. Go for it.

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks everyone. As I post,I'm back home in femme mode,wearing my new tank top.I can't believe how good it looks on me.I love it. Later on I have to go back out so I'll have to go back into guy mode:sad: but I can enjoy myself for now.

Roberta,
Thanks for the size advice. My wife said the same thing,try an 18 -20. We're going to go back to Boscov's tomorrow an exchange them. I wish I didn't have to because I did alot of running around this week. Bought a new Explorer,had to take my Aunt to the hospital last night and been up since 10AM yesterday morning. I'm beat.

Nicole Erin
07-12-2008, 06:03 PM
PhillyGuy2Girl:
I sent a PM about how to know your female sizes better.

Don't go spend a lot of money guessing your size. If you really need to exact or test your sizes, go to a store when it is not busy [even if that means getting out of bed at a decent time]

Once you know your sizes, you can pretty much use that for most tops, bottoms, shoes. However, some garments are sized different than normal, but that is rare [wedding dresses have weird sizing standards, as do other really super dressy outfits] Everything from business attire to jeans/tees tend to adhere closely to what size it should be.

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-12-2008, 06:07 PM
PhillyGuy2Girl:
I sent a PM about how to know your female sizes better.

Don't go spend a lot of money guessing your size. If you really need to exact or test your sizes, go to a store when it is not busy [even if that means getting out of bed at a decent time]

Once you know your sizes, you can pretty much use that for most tops, bottoms, shoes. However, some garments are sized different than normal, but that is rare [wedding dresses have weird sizing standards, as do other really super dressy outfits] Everything from business attire to jeans/tees tend to adhere closely to what size it should be.

I received it and sent you a reply.Thanks

Emily Anderson
07-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi Felicity,

Congrats on your first purchases!!!

It's a real thrill to have "gotten away" with it the first time around, and guaranteed it will become easier and easier over time.

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi Felicity,

Congrats on your first purchases!!!

It's a real thrill to have "gotten away" with it the first time around, and guaranteed it will become easier and easier over time.

Thank you so much Emily. I have to admit it felt good.Know one really cared.

Deelite
07-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi, well done!

Its a big step to go buy girly clothes, it is very intimidating to go into a girl area of a shop, i know what your're saying about everyone looking at you - but your're right no one pays any attention!

I still get a great buzz buying female clothes, recently i bought some very nice wedges at this local store in guy mode, and the sales girl said "they will look nice on you"!! i wish i had more comments like that!

Dee.

Angie G
07-12-2008, 08:42 PM
No stoping you now hun. :hugs:
Angie

Empress Lainie
07-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Congratulations Felicity. Isn't it great.

I remember my very first purchase at Kmart after my Eday. I picked out a skirt and top or two, and went to the fitting rooms, told the clerk: "I am transgendered, which dressing room should I use?" Her answer: "Either one you want to."
Since I was dressed more or less male, I used the men's that day, but ever since because I am always in women's clothes I use the women's dressing rooms. And there is never any question.

A funny happening a couple of weeks ago I was there and wanted to try on some tops and skirts. There were about 4 other (note "other") women waiting for the dressing rooms. They told me the clerk wasn't there and all the rooms were locked. I tried to make a pa announcement with no success since I didn't know for sure how their phones worked. Then I said, wait lets see if the mens is locked, it wasn't, so I said we can use that till they come, there aren't any men here anyway, so I went into one of the 2 or 3 and tried on my clothes. When I came out one of the women thanked me.

katrinacd
07-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Gaining confidence in buying women's clothes is such a rush. I've been comfortable purchasing lingerie, skirts, blouses and dresses for years now. However, until recently the idea of buying shoes at a store was petrifying to me, as I wear a size 13 women's shoe.

This is usually not much of an issue in St. Louis anyway. It is rare that I even find a size 13 anywhere. However, a few months back I hit the goldmine at a nearby Off-Broadway Shoe Store - there were probably 20-30 styles in my size throughout the store! It is amazing how quickly my apprehension faded and was superseded by my desire to make a purchase. As the salesgirl rang up my 3 pairs of pumps, she said "You can always bring them back if they don't fit her." I looked her right in the eye, smiled and said, "Trust me, the size is correct. They are for me, not the wife." The look on her face was priceless.

María José
07-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Congratulations, Felicity! Next step is to try the clothes in the store, even in guy´s mode. It took me several years to decide to buy for myself in a store. But it took only a few months to be brave enougth to go to the changing room!

Wendy me
07-13-2008, 08:55 AM
very cool on your first shopping trip.....lol the only thing is now you won't be able to stop shopping........

Denise01
07-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Congratulations on your first trip out to buy Femme clothes.

I Know the first time I was out to buy Femme clothes, I was like a scared rabbit, got what i thought would fit, and guess I was lucky.

Time and confidence will prevail, to the point were you will feel as comfortable shopping for your femme self as a male. I am now as comfortable as Denise shopping if not more than I was as a Male.

I am to the situation now, that I feel very comfortable out shopping for Denise, and when i go shopping, unless there is another meeting that i have to be drab, I always now go as Denise.

Living the distance away from where i shop that I do, I will not buy any clothes that I can not try on. Have even tried on skirts when in drab mode, in a totally ladies store, and have had no reactions at all from the sales people.

I hate shopping as a Male, but as Denise, I can spend hours in the stores and love every minuet of it. By the way, I have not bought any male clothes now for over 4 years, and am gradually purging my guy wardrobe as things wear out.

Cheers:

Denise :):):):)

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone.Just wanted to stop by to give you an update.

My wife and I took a ride back to Boscov's to return the the shorts that were too big.When we arrived,went right to the women's section a found a pair of 20W medium and 18W medium. My wife suggested that I try them on but I said how can I since I'm in guy mode. I then thought of an idea. I also needed a pair of guy shorts so we went to the men's section,picked out and pair of guy short and put it in front of the women's. I proceeded to the men's fitting room,try on both pair and the 20W and 18W both fitted me but the 20W were a little looser.After I was done in the fitting room,we went back to the women's section put the 20W back and picked out a different style 20W and picked out 2 Carolyn Taylor tank tops, a nice white one and a blue one which were large and they are very cute,then return the too big shorts and bought the 18W ,20W,guy shorts & 2 tank tops and went on our way. It felt great and I can't wait to get home tonight to try them on.Right now I'm at the family condo in New Jersey,at the pool and yes in guy mode right now,but once we get home later on,its fashion time!

I wouldn't mind going out shopping femme,but I couldn't because I know way,way too many people in the Philly area and wouldn't want to deal with the BS.

Have too get back to the pool now,take care and talk too you all later.

vivian33
07-13-2008, 09:33 PM
I use the dressing room in guy mode....never had a problem

Jilmac
07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Well girl, you've taken the first step in buying women's clothes. Congratulations! It won't be long before you'll be taking the clothes from the rack, into the dressing room, trying them on, and walking out a happy girl because they all fit. PS once you start trying them on in the store, it becomes easier to do. Luv and :hugs: Jill

karezza
07-13-2008, 10:10 PM
When I am shopping in guy mode, which is almost always, I just take the women's clothes to the men's dressing room, and I have never had a problem. At first I was nervous about the clerks seeing my selections, but now I am amused, and actually a little proud of myself. I look them in the eye and smile, and they usually smile back. After all, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

I had a great time buying my first wig too. The saleslady was a little freaked out, but I had fun asking her about color and length relative to my facial structure, etc. and forcing her to trat me like any other customer. I always wonder if they have hidden security cameras in the dressing rooms and imagine the security guys cracking up at the view of me prancing in front of the mirror .... such an exhibitionist :brolleyes:

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Hello ladies,hope everything is going great for all of you today. Well,we went to Kohl's this morning and I bought two great pairs of short shorts,a nice summer dress,3 pair of panties and another top. They fit just great. Everyone was right,once you start shopping,you don't want to stop.At least I'm getting the summer clearance sales.Have to go now,take care,talk to you all later.

tracigirl_tv
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Felicity, I've been reading this thread and cheering you on, girl! Way to go! *huggg* I will be looking for you at Boscov's, Kohl's, etc. You should be easy to spot....the only Explorer in the parking lot *giggle*

I remember once going to TJ Maxx on Street Road, not sure if they are still there. Anyway, I found a print top I liked but I wanted to try it on. Like you I was in guy mode, but *ahem* clever and grabbed a couple of male clothing items to "cover" what I really wanted to try on. The female sales clerk asked how many items I had, and I said "four." Of course, she wanted to confirm by seeing all four *lol* While it may have given her something to talk about with her colleagues that night, I somehow managed to survive. Oh yeah, I loved that top....gonna try to include a pic here.

Anyway....big girlhugs to you and your very special wife. Keep us all posted, hear? *xoxoxo*

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Hello their girfriend. Like your picture. Also like the white skirt on your avatar. I might go shopping for few more things this weekend. Have to watch the money since I just bought a new Explorer,LOL! Right now I'm wearing my new white short shorts and white tank top and when I look in the mirror,I look great!I love it. I try to get a pic on here for you. Take care.

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Hello ladies,hope everyone had a great weekend. Did some more shopping on Saturday. My wife and I took a ride over to Cherry Hill Mall in Cherry Hill,NJ. We went into J C Penney's to look around and my wife wanted a new bathing suit. I saw this nice summer dress on the clearance rack. It was originally priced at $44 but only paid $15.99! That was a great buy.We then walked throught the mall to Macy's. Seen some nice skirts and tops,but they were kind of expensive,so I passed on them. We then went to Target which is right across Rt 38 and bought a nice black tank top,3 pair of thong panties and 2 nice flowery skirts and I love them. Right now I'm wearing a skirt and the black tank top as I post. The skirt feels very nice and its feels alot cooler in this heat than regular pants. I just went on Target.com and bought a nice white halter dress which I can't wait to get! Once you start shopping,you don't want to stop. BTW,I tried posting a picture that my wife took the other night but it was to big to attach. I'll have to try and figure out how to re size pics so I can show all of you. Take care and have a great day.

SusanLaine
07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
You go girl!

A long time ago I would make excuses or only go with my wife but now, after I realized that nobody cares what you buy I'll actually shop for just about anything in guy mode - clothes, panties, bras, make-up, you name it. I've been in places like Lane Bryant in guy mode and actually used the fitting rooms and they couldn't care less.

The only item I've balked at even in girl mode is shoes. I'll often shop for them with my wife and then she'll try them on and ask me if I want them. I'm so lucky that I actually wear the same size as my wife so that works out well. :-)

I used to buy a lot of shoes online like at Zappos but not any more. They may look great but not fit well or feel comfortable. I have a dozen pair of unworn heels so from now on I plan to do some in person shoe shopping, better bar the gates!

tracigirl_tv
07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
...BTW,I tried posting a picture that my wife took the other night but it was to big to attach. I'll have to try and figure out how to re size pics so I can show all of you. Take care and have a great day.

Felicity honey, we look forward to seeing the pic. And thank you for sharing your shopping exploits with us. You two are a very special couple *huggggg*

Kristen Marie
07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
And try out a Lane Bryant for those sizes. They have always let me try on things in guy mode and have always been real friendly. Much easier than trying to guess your sizes. Wow, and you have Chicos and Deb shops too in Santa Fe!

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Thank you all so very much for your support. I've only been here a very short time,but I have felt so welcomed here.This forum is a great place for us CDers to chat.

Yesterday before I went to work, my first order from Target.com arrived,but I didn't time to try anything on because I had to leave for work. At work, I could hardly wait till it was time to go,just waiting to get home. Anyway when arrived home last night,jumped in the shower,shaved and then tried on the clothes. The two dresses fitted just fine and so did the two cami tanks and the thongs were great also. The only thing that didn't fit was the shorts,they were a 24W(I had placed the order before I found out my size,thanks to all of you) so I printed out a receipt and will exchange them this weekend.BTW once I figure out how to re size pics,I'll have them up here.

KimberlyS
07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
When in male mode and shopping for femme things, if there is an SA in the area I always ask if there is some place I can try things on at. They have always directed me to a nearby femme fitting room. If it is not busy and no SA around I just walk in, take the first empty fitting room, try on and get out. Either way I have had no problems.

Fab Karen
07-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Next time you'll have to find yourself some nice dresses.

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Next time you'll have to find yourself some nice dresses.

I'm sure I will when I go to Target to do the return of the shorts.

Have to go now,the wife wants me to come to bed. Have a good night or morning and will talk to you all later.

gaylemandrake
08-03-2008, 01:28 AM
My first time was extremely scary, but one of the most erotic experiences I've ever had.

I bought a pair of pantyhost, a basque, knickers, a dress and a pair of heels on the premise I was getting my girlfriend a new outfit.

I'm lucky that I have small feet so getting shoes is less obvious.

I would love to go shopping and have the confidence to ask to try something on ;)

Amanda_Robinson
08-03-2008, 04:00 AM
A week ago I went to JC Penny's because they have taller sizes. :)

I thought I would get a few mens shrts of the rack and use them to conceal what I wanted to try on from the women's section. But that wasn't necessary. It was 7pm and the store was full of people. Like you, Felicity, I soon realized that no one was concerned with me. I took a pair of pants up to the men's dressing room and tried them on. I then spent the next 2 hours trying on clothes and bought a really nice fitting pair of jeans. :)

The next leap for me was to face the cashier :o ... but she was really sweet and I am pretty sure she saw me shopping around in the women's section. :o

Now I am not limited to what my wife leaves unused in the closet. I never thought it would be so much fun. It was great!

~Amanda

Claire Cook
08-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Felicity.

You'll be hooked! I've shopped both ways. In drab mode I don't care if anyone wonders -- I tell folks it's for me. But it's more fun -- and for me practical -- to shop en femme. That way I can tell if things fit with boob and butt fillers. I actually think it's more fun if salespeople realize I'm a guy.

A few weeks gao, when I was in up VA with Sue, I went with her (en drab) to Chico's -- She wanted a skirt for a wedding. I looked at some things, and then told the owner I was a CD and would love to come back (en femme) and try things on. She didn't bat an eye, said she's be glad to help. Trust good salespeople -- they have an eye for what looks good on you!

Have fun!!

Claire

Michelle_in_tights
08-03-2008, 06:06 AM
I've bee buying tights and dancewear in guy mode for years. When buying dancewear I normally say its for a niece and pick a size slightly smaller than myself. I can easly fit into a size 3 dance leotard or 34 gymnstics leotard e.g. Milano. Once however I didn't and when I asked for some shimmer tights the girl just gave me my size straight away and smiled. Often when buying tights in department stores the checkout girls will help by reminding me about the two for one offers. One lady even went and got another pair of tights for me. I was so nervous but they didn't seem at all bothered.

Randee
08-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I have always bought leotards and tights in guy mode in dancewear stores. Like Michelle, I started out saying they were for someone else. But the only way to try them on in the store is to be shopping for yourself. The salesladies were always friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the smile I got when I stepped out of the dressing room in tights and a turtleneck leotard so she could zip me up and lead me across the store to check out the fit in the big tri mirrors. Then while you are still wearing, you can browse the racks for another outfit to try on. By then the nervousness had pretty much gone away. The salesladies were supportive. Nothing bad was happening. No bad responses. Just one note if you plan to try on dancewear in the store. They will want you to wear underwear, so panties or briefs, no boxers <g>.

PhillyGuy2Girl
08-05-2008, 01:22 AM
We went to Kohl's up in Hatboro on Sat. and my wife & I bought matching halter tops and matching dark brown skirts. We tried them on and we looked great. I love shopping!

gennee
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Excellent, Felicity. Feels great, huh? I love shopping in girl mode.

Gennee

:doll:

darla_g
08-24-2008, 09:42 PM
this sizing thing for women's clothes is just ridiculous! makes no sense at all. i constantly have to return stuff myself.

I wouldn't go through all that trouble trying to shrink something. just return it!!

Tracii G
08-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I know my sizes which is a big help,I shop in guy mode but I love it when looking for jeans or shorts if the SA asks do you want to try them on to make sure?
I try on all kinds of tops and skirts too it makes for some real fun because the young SA's don't think you'll do it.
I come out and check the fit in the long mirror just to taunt them.Bought a cute demin mini skirt Sat and I thouth the SA was going to flip out.She must have been new!!!!!!
Glad your having a fun time.

Diane Elizabeth
08-24-2008, 10:56 PM
I loved reading everyone's comments and stories of shopping. I haven't ventured out to shop en femme yet. But can someone explain (I get so confused easily) the differences in sizings for woman, junior miss and miss? Thank you girls. Dylen

born confused and still working it all out. I think.

Tina B.
08-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Well Felicity, you have learned a very expensive lesson! You can shop for women's clothes, after years shopping in drab, ( I don't go out in femmine mode) I tried on a pair of pants by holding them under a pair of mens pants as I went in to the dressing room, there was a girl at the door counting how many things you where taking in. saw two items, and said go ahead, once inside I found the womens pants where to large, but then realized I would have to hand them to the girls outside who would hang them back up to be put back on the racks, and she would see they where not mens!
So I figured I would just hang on to them as if I where going to buy them, but then I had to give up the hanger, which had one of those size rings on top, that showed they where womens jeans anyway. So I guess you might just as well go for it and not worry about it!
It did keep me from buying something that was not going to fit, and that is great, I hate the expense, I hate the returning, and the disapoint ment of getting home and not having it fit!
Tina B.

Tommie Rae
08-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Sales clerks today are very nice and accommodating. I shop in guy mode because I do not pass en femme, but no one cares. I have gone into the Aerosoles shoe store,told the clerk that I like to wear women's shoes, asked for shoes in size 11, tried them on, walked around the store to see how they feel, and bought them. No problems, and yes, there were women in the store-and it's a small store-and no one even looked twice. I went into Banana Republic, told the clerk that I like to wear women's clothes, and they started a dressing room for me, brought me a blouse and pants to check for sizing, then brought me quite a few things to try on-all in the women's dressing area.
Here's a crazy idea-let's first admit to ourselves and our partners that we are crossdressers. It's tough for everyone to accept but it really is the first step to keeping our sanity. Then, let's admit to a select portion of the world that we are crossdressers, and what better portion than the people who work in clothing, shoe, and makeup stores. The women, and they are mostly women, who work there are not naive. They know men buy clothes for themselves but everyone maintains the fiction that we are buying them for a GG. Take a deep breath and say the words 'I like to wear women's clothes." Now go in guy mode, say that to a sales clerk, try something on, get her opinion on fit, style, and color, buy it, and get on with your life. You will feel much better about who you are, and you might find other people who accept you for who you are. End of rant. Now go shopping!