PDA

View Full Version : Transgendered children

emmicd
07-12-2008, 09:14 PM
As a TG/CD I have vivid memories of when I felt different and more attracted to wearing girls clothes.

I had feelings of being girly and dressing at age 5 years old.

I just felt natural and drawn to girls fashions.

I never felt the urge to tell my mom or dad but I did wish to be able to dress up in public but was so afraid.

It seems young tG children are now trying to open up about it.

Here is a tremendous show featured on 20/20 and showing on youtube.

I found it quite interesting because I can relate.

You will find the kids so cute and their parents so very supportive.

emmi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j8F9CaPyQz8

KarenCDFL
07-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I saw those episodes and several others like it.

I am so very happy these children will grow as they should truly be.

If only the public and parents were more educated when I was a young child.

Alan
07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I saw those episodes and several others like it.

I am so very happy these children will grow as they should truly be.

If only the public and parents were more educated when I was a young child.

As a member of the younger generation, they're STILL not educated. My mom refuses to accept that I'm a 'he'. She doesn't understand why I would want to be one. It's unbelievably annoying.

Kimberley
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
This is an area of controversy for sure. About 77% of all identified TS children become a part of the gay community post puberty. The remaining 23% retain the TS identification. (These are approx. numbers but close and supported by WPATH research).

Many many therapists are hesitant to order drug therapies because of the above statistics. This is exactly why Zucker and Blanchard are so harmful because they treat these children as gay not TS. Only the child can make this determination, not the therapist.

Progressive groups exist for support of these children and encourage parents and therapists to allow the child to decide for themselves and not try to direct them.

Be careful of media sensationalism. They often get only one story and ignore the larger picture.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Katelyn
07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
It was a moving story and I think the parents are doing the right thing. I've read about stories where the parents have denied their children the opportunity to transition and it either ened up in a suicide attempt, or sucide itself. This story was moving for me.

_Sarah_
07-17-2008, 04:53 AM
I just watched it on Youtube (thanks for the link)

then i thought "oh ill read the comments" lets just say i wish i had not bothered now.

Kimberley
07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
We have an 8yr old T-gurl in our trans support group. She is a cutie, and of course surrounded by adults (including professionals) she and her mom have more advocacy than anyone could ask for. Let's just say the schools were put on notice among other so called "agencies" and her estranged father... well we wont go there. (One of our members is a prominent lawyer)

Anyway, she is being allowed self determination. If she goes through puberty still identifying as TS I think she will have a very good time of it with the amount of support she and her mom is getting, and maybe some financial support for her transition (if you believe the whispers).

Most who know me here know I can be an outspoken advocate for youth. It has landed me in hot water on more than one occasion but I do believe in self determination and activism when called for. This is why I am so opposed to our nefarious "friends" in Toronto at CAMH. Zucker is doing damage IMO.

Children need protection and boundaries. We are in a position to provide some guidance if it is wanted and I believe we owe it to the younger people. I know I do.

:hugs:
Kimberley