PDA

View Full Version : GF Away for Weekend, Here's My Chance!!!

Marissa Mae
07-14-2008, 06:22 PM
My gf is going to Georgia w/ some gf's for the weekend, which gives me the best opportunity to just let it all fly... if I can work up the courage to :doh: See, I am ready to go out, I want to go out, BUT, I have no one to go with and I don't know where to go. Seeing as how I am not able to fully pass, this outing would have to be at night, so Friday or Saturday evening in DC would be the most opportune times.

The thing is, there are threads in the "Meeting Place" forum about girls going out in DC this weekend, but I haven't heard anything there since I posted interest. I really want to meet up, but am nervous about doing so with total strangers!! If you have ever met up with someone from here, did you talk before hand and get to know one another, or did you just "go"?! AHHH I am nervous! A part of me wants to go out even if it is alone, but only if I have a well known, safe place to hang out!!!! :daydreaming::drink::D

Angie G
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Have fun but be careful hun. :hugs:
Angie

Nicole Erin
07-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Do searches for your city and "gay club" "gay bar" or whatever other wordings related. If you live in a bigger city, you should find something.
Even if it is a GLBT book store or other GLBT business, you can call and they could advise you. And don't be all scared to ask, they will be cool. Family.

For going out alone, I don't think you should have any problems. You could check out the club in male mode and return en femme if it looks good.

But yes, do what you can and just get out there. YOu will regret it if you let this chance slip by.

CD Susan
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Marissa Mae, I agree with the others in that you should not miss this opportunity to go out. D.C. is a big place and there should be safe places to go there. Check around and find a GLBT place and you should have no problems. Going out for the first time alone is a little scary but you might meet someone that could turn out to be a friend. I say go for it.

Marissa Mae
07-14-2008, 09:33 PM
I looked at all of the offerings that DC has, and none of them seem to cater to CDers or "drag". I will search more though. I also have some gay friends, but I am not outed to them and probably will never be (unless they see me at whatever place I show up haha). I wish some of the DC peeps would reply here!