PDA

View Full Version : Warning. Do not make supper dresssed en femme!!

irmichelle
07-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Today was my en femme day after coming home from work. I offered to cook supper and I had both the stove and oven going, not even thinking it was an extremely hot day out. I was doing my cooking and my poor wig was soaked. After looking in the mirror I saw all my makeup kind of dripping down my face. Mascara! Don't even go there. I asked my wife if this was normal and she told me that it is and most women with long hair wear their hair up or in a ponytail for this exact reason. I am learning things about women every time I dress. I am extremely grateful my wife is my best friend and I can share Michelle with her.:)

victoriamwilliams1
07-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Been there done that too. I used to turn the AC up (when I had one) then cook.

tamarav
07-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Rumor has it that I have ruined 3 wigs when I opened a hot oven to check the food. You would think I would learn after the first time...

Sarah Doepner
07-17-2008, 09:45 PM
No doubt this is a difficult time of the year for those of us who must wear so many different layers to get the shape and look we want. If we didn't have a/c in the house, I wouldn't dress between May and September unless I rented a room.
I'm glad you have someone to help guide you. Best to both and in the future when it's soooo hot, consider a salad for dinner.

Margot
07-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Been there,done that! I just celan up,change, and redo my makeup after. Not a problem. I have learned to wear aprons too, I'm a messy cook or is that kook:heehee:
:hugs:
Margot

Tina Dixon
07-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Even with the AC blasting last night my wig got a bit wet from sweat, hmmm being bald on the male side does have it's up side.

Amy Hepker
07-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Wigs can get very hot, it's like having another layer of hair.