PDA

View Full Version : Linda wants to thank you all for your support.

Lindahexi
05-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi Girls,

It's me Lindahexi, still alive and can't wait to get out of this hosptal! The first couple of days after the op are just a blank, but because of an epidural and diamorphine drip I didn't feel much pain. I actually got an infection on the second day but they controlled it with antibiotics and had fans blowing on me all the time to keep temperature down.

Anyway I know that Sigrid and Dana have kept you up to date on my progress, and if all goes well I will be able to go home at the weekend, but one slight problem, my back and bum are red raw, it's a sweat rash I think, and i'm burning like hell, the doctors are a bit concerned about it.

I'm up and walking again, and although it is painful it feels good to be on my feet and independant for the toilet etc. At the moment I'm sitting in an armchair by my bed using my laptop to send this thread, the hosptal charge £3:50 per session for the DSL line, about the same as they do for TV movies, it's reasonable I think. I've logged on to the site quite a few times, but my brain wasn't up to posting, I just read threads etc, but now I'm feeling more alert.

Well I'm no longer "3 kidney Linda" it's one perfectly functioning kidney for me now, I have a 14" stent from the new pipework to the bladder which will be removed in a couple of months time (ouch), the surgeon and the registrar reckon I've made a 'remarkable recovery' but advise me to get out of hosptal as soon as possible, tomorrow is decision day.

Sigrid asked me about the pretty nurses in their cute uniforms, well I have to say there aren't many pretty nurses around any more, and they nearly all wear trousers, so no legs on show. I reckon us girls could put on a better show than the GG's in this hospital.(LOL) :D There was one Spanish student that was dressed in white, she was the exception, very pretty and feminine, and so gentle with injections.

Until today I haven't thought much about dressing, but I must really be getting better because suddenly I have the urge back, I want to dress so much, and I want some new female clothes to start fresh when I can. It will be a while yet unfortunately, getting dressed at all is difficult, even pyjamas.

Well I want you all to know how much I appreciate the good wishes that you posted, and special thanks to Sigrid and Dana for forwarding info about my progress, you have all helped me through this difficult time, and I thank you so much.

Love and hugs,

Linda. :)

Melissa A.
05-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi Linda,

Happy you are feeling yourself again, and so glad to have you back. And I am relieved that everything seems to have gone well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, girl.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Priscilla1018
05-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi Linda,

I am so glad that you are doing well.It wont be long before you can dress and shop again.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Julie York
05-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Good luck and do get out of there as quickly as possible. You can catch things!!

Wendy me
05-18-2005, 10:58 AM
linda good to hear from you and even better your getting better... heal welll and fast....

Sharon
05-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Linda,
It's so good to hear from you and that everything is progressing as well as it is. Keep up the recovery and I look forward to seeing you back here more regularly.
Sharon

DonnaT
05-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Linda

Nice to hear from you, and that things are progressing well.

Make sure they check for any staph infection from the bed rash before they let you out. Hospitals can be the worst place to be when you have sores like that, so you definitely want to try and get out as soon as possible.

Tristen Cox
05-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Hiya, was hoping you'd check in. Glad things are going well. Get some rest and take it easy:)

Ariel
05-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Good to hear from you, even better to hear that you are comming along so quickly. Get some rest, and get better soon.

Hugs,
Ariel

eileen1969
05-18-2005, 03:12 PM
glad to hear that you are doing well! take care of yourself and get well soon Love Ronxoxo ;)

Julie
05-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Linda, good to hear from you first hand and that you're progressing well. As I said in an earlier post do not rush things, it sounds like things are coming along fine.

We look forward to you being here full time again in the near future.

JJ

KewTnCurvy GG
05-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Wow, what a huge, brave step! Praying for your speedy recovery.
hugs
kew

Amelie
05-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Linda, I'm glad to here you are doing better.

Good for you.
Love Amelie

DanaJ
05-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Linda - have to add my voice here with the others - glad you are doing better, and I know you will be glad to be home soon. Take care :)

DanaJ

ronni
05-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Of course we know you aren't sick but you will take some time to heal up and we all wish you the best in your new life!

Tamara Croft
05-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi Linda

Welcome back :D I hope you are doing ok and wish you well in a speedy recovery :D

Dragster
05-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Linda,
Glad to know you're on the mend after our NHS has done its worst (I mean best). It makes my big toe operation look a a bit paltry by comparison, at least it wasn't life threatening, but 2 months down the line, I'm only hobbling short distances without crutches on my special "platform" sandals. It's another month before I can wear shoes and drive.....and shop! Then it will be some while before I find out if I've got enough toe flexibility to satisfy my dream of walking in 5" heels, and later in the year, they want to do the other foot! 2005 looks like a wipe out for CDing, but I hope it's only a little blip for you. There're more important things in life than CDing aren't there, but if you find out, let me know what they are!

Tamara,
What are you doing posting at 4 in the morning? Don't you sleep???

Tony

letsdance GG
05-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Linda, I am so happy to hear you are getting better day by day.

I hate hospitals more than anything. At least you will be getting out of there soon.

Hey girls! How about we throw a big old welcome back Linda party when she gets sprung???

I'll bring the music!

Sigrid
05-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Great to have you back Linda! Did someone say PARTY?

~Sigrid

paulaN
05-20-2005, 04:51 PM
get well soon, you gotta get outta there thay keep want to poke you with things.