PDA

View Full Version : choosing a female name

patddfan
07-18-2008, 10:52 PM
is choosing a female name important or not? if so, anyone got any suggestions?

Samantha43
07-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Pick a name you like and go with it.

Kimberly Marie
07-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi and welcome.......I guess.. what would you like to be called. There has to be a name you like...........:)

Sarah Doepner
07-18-2008, 11:40 PM
It took me almost a year after I had accepted my crossdressing before a name dropped out of my head and landed in my mouth. I hadn't been looking for it, I guess it was looking for me. My advice is to be patient and one day you will look in the mirror and know the name of the girl you see there.

Emma England
07-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Are there any cd's who use their given name from birth?

Tina Dixon
07-19-2008, 01:31 PM
i think it's some thing you need and I think Patty would be a great name for you:thumbsup:

Alan
07-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Don't worry about changing it, either. Some people settle on a name very quickly -- it just pops in their mouth or clicks. My name did. Alan fits me very well, and it's much like the name I was given at birth.

But some people change it frequently, or have gone through more than one. Some people start out with one, have people call them that, and realize it doesn't fit them like they thought it would. That's okay too. My husband did that. /shrug. It's all about what YOU'RE comfortable with.

Angie G
07-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I think it's sort of nice to have a girl name mine came mostly because I know an Angie An older woman I thought was sort of sexy. :hugs:
Angie

Amy Hepker
07-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I think you already have one, you just haven't got it yet. You can always pick a bunch of names and through them in a hat and then pick one and live with it. My Female name is nothing like my real name, that is because I do not want my female side to be assoiated with my male name.

Emily Anderson
07-19-2008, 04:21 PM
It's only important inasmuch as you need to consider how you want to use it in the future, and whether or not changing it at a later date will cause any issues. I mean, even minor issues, like having to change your e-mail address, inform all your old friends, losing the legacy of your former identity, and so on. It's probably best to choose a name you like now and stick with it. I suggest you look up female names in Google, and pick one you like. For a surname, that could be a bit tougher, unless you are creative and can create one from scratch.

Patty sounds fine to me too... Just depends if you like it or not...

lisa531
07-19-2008, 04:37 PM
I think a girl name is a part of being a girl, whether you go with your guy name in to a fem (like Jack to Jackie ...) or maybe a name that you like or like mine i used the girl of my dreams (at least that was the name i called her just wish i could meet her)
I do think it is important it helps identify you unless you just want to go on as 'dude in a dress'

Samantha B L
07-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Go ahead and choose whatever female name you like and go ahead and make it as effeminate as you want. I chose Samantha B L because it's similar to my male drab name yet it's just not a guy's name. Of course,as Tina has suggested Patty or even Patricia would be grand. But don't let any of us rush you into anything and once you have a fem name in the CD community you can always change it to another different fem name if you're bored with it or you think there's too many CD's running around with the same fem name. If you change it just be sure to let your freinds and the forum know!

patddfan
07-20-2008, 02:49 AM
i was thinking eva angelina or erin michelle would be hot!

Claire3
07-20-2008, 05:05 AM
Just needs to be a name you really like and can be associated with who you are

suesan
07-20-2008, 05:59 AM
i like my cdname, sometimes its easier on my so if isay suesan needs to come out, sometimes my wife will say suesan can come over, im out all day. i think in my case my name is easier to use than saying dressing or crossdressing,

Tina Dixon
07-20-2008, 06:11 AM
i was thinking eva angelina or erin michelle would be hot!
Just go with Pat short for Patricia or patty.

Empress Lainie
07-20-2008, 07:16 AM
There is a website for baby names that has the meanings of all the names and various spellings.

My SO says that the names choose us rather than we choose the name.

As a woman unaware for many years, I had actually set up an email with my new legal name well over a year before I knew.

I just KNEW my real name was Lainie. My 2nd name Anne was a name I always loved and followed my old initials AN.

My third name I used 2 yrs before I knew; as a female form of Alan (Alynne) on my AIM.

I changed my last name because it sounded better with Lainie than my old one. Same initial though. And had no real reason to keep it.

I am completely happy being Lainie and female now.

You need to go with a name that you are comfortable with. And unless you are going to make it legally your name, you can try out different names you like. It just might confuse your friends though if you keep changing it frequently.

patddfan
07-21-2008, 04:06 AM
pat's my male name! why keep a unisex name?

Alan
07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Some people go from being 'Sam' (Samuel) to being 'Sam' (Samantha) or something similar for all sorts of reasons.

Go with what you're comfortable. If it's not a unisex name, then pick a female one :D

Susan Watersfield
07-21-2008, 01:44 PM
I choose Susan simply because I've always thought it a nice girl's name. Watersfield is a place in my home county. I choose it as a surname simply because I thought it had a nice sound to it.

I did once try using the name Nikki (Nichola), but soon went back to Susan. However, I sometimes use Nikki as a middle name.

The most important thing is to like, and be comfortable with the femme name you choose.

Susan xxx

Tina Dixon
07-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Why not? Sounds good to me, my real names Tim and thats what I got Tina from.

Leslie Foxx
07-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Actually, my given name at birth was Leslie. My last name is a translation to English from it's original language. I added the extra "X" because one can never have too many kisses!

I didn't grow up with either name, as I was adopted by my mother's second husband when I was seven and he wanted to banish all remnants of my previous self.

Ruth
07-21-2008, 03:05 PM
A couple of people have said, and I agree, that sometimes your name chooses you.
Ruth just came to me. It wouldn't have been my choice. There was a certain force about it though. I've never questioned it or tried to change it. I think it's more truly me than my male given name.

Faye56
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I chose my name because it was the name of a much loved aunt. I had always admired her grace and style. I would like to think that she looks down on me with approval and sees in me the daughter she never had but wanted so much.

Empress Lainie
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM

You could use a name that is someone in your family you admire. Or just wait, it will come to you, I think.

patddfan
07-23-2008, 12:53 AM
You could use a name that is someone in your family you admire. Or just wait, it will come to you, I think.
ok!

sterling12
07-23-2008, 02:59 AM
You can't use "Shagundulla." When they get a really good one, they retire it, and nobody else can use it ever again. This is why you never heard of a parent naming their daughter Shagundulla!

Thank you Dom Delouise, wherever you are. "And now, Shagundulla gonna' get into the Box!"

Peace and Love, Joanie

kym
07-23-2008, 11:33 AM
mine came to me out of the blue, I have a unisex name(taylor) but when i'm dressed i am a different person so i choose a different name. the one good thing is if i do a legal name change my intials will still be the same KTM which helps legally. Just ask your self how different are you dressed as oppsed to drab and what your personality is like and the name will come to you naturally.

AmberTS
07-23-2008, 06:17 PM
I dont know where it came from but one day I was sitting just writing some stuff down (I write thoughts down cause sometimes they are good) and just signed the bottom of the page "Amber Jane"... I use my real last name to finish it and I love it.

CD Susan
07-23-2008, 11:54 PM
I gave myself the name Susan many years ago. I chose this because it starts with an 's' and has five letters just like my guy name. Also I have known several GG's with this name that I admired. This suits me and don't know why I would ever want to change it.

Fiona Lindum
07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
I called myself Fiona as it was the name I would have been given if I had been born a girl.

CamillaCD
07-28-2008, 12:40 PM
My somewhat silly approach was to list all the names of my cousins, nieces and aunts and then pick a name not used by them.

vanadio
07-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Hum, maybe Monique?:battingeyelashes:

tracigirl_tv
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
... anyone got any suggestions?

Well, I recommend the cutest girlname of all time: Traci :heehee:

(just kidding)

Some girls name themselves for someone they admire, some just for the sound of the name, some for the sort of personality they assume when dressed, some ask a wife/SO to "christen" them, some base it on their male name....I think it's mainly a case of "whatever works for you."

Good luck. *huggg*

RavenAndrea
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I choose Andrea after the name of one of my former girl friends. And I added Raven to differentiate me from other Andrea's.

WildLotus29
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
My name just randomly came to mind one evening. Like some of the previous posters have said, I think your girl name chooses you.

patddfan
08-04-2008, 02:15 AM
ok then! i'm going to decide august 17th and post it on here for everyone to see!

Katheryn
08-04-2008, 05:56 AM
is choosing a female name important or not? if so, anyone got any suggestions?

The first night I went out dressed with friends they needed a name to use so one girl came up with Katheryn, the exact spelling is my choice, to be a bit different.

So it's been Katheryn or Kate ever since.

K

Lidia_tv
08-04-2008, 05:57 AM
I chose the name I like best

Lara
08-04-2008, 06:03 AM
I simply feminised my male name. It could have been Laura or Lori but I finally just added an 'a' to my nickname. And I fell in love with it. :love:

larry07
08-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I seem to be in the minority here, but I don't use a female name. I was born Larry and am comfortable with that name and feel no need to use anything else. I am the same person whether I am wearing pants or a skirt, bra, and stockings.

I don't try to pass, however, so can understand that those who wish to pass as female would want to use a female name.

Larry

Empress Lainie
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
ok then! i'm going to decide august 17th and post it on here for everyone to see!

Eagerly awaiting your choice.

c_colliertv
08-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I chose Christine because when it is shortened to Chris it sounds like a man's name.

I did this because when I shop I usually tell the SA that my name is Chris Collier. It is safer than using my real name, and since it sounds like a guy's name no one ever questions it and assumes that Chris Collier is my real name.

So all the SA's I deal with at the various stores I shop in all know me as Chris Collier (whisper, whisper - the old guy who likes to dress up like a girl)!

Hugs

Christie Ann

debbeelee1
08-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Well, calling me "Doug" while dressed en femme kinda ruins the whole mood! I picked Debbie, but my SO suggested Debbee, just to be different! Like they say, pick something you like, but you can always change it!

Jessica212
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I picked Jessica Nicole since I probably would have been named that if I were a girl, and I really like the sound of it, and both names independently. Plus, it's a name that fits my age group, considering it was the most popular name when I was born (consider that type of thing when you choose a name - you might want to avoid a very younger sounding name if you're older, or vice versa).

KayleeAllison
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I didn't think to much about it really at the time. I looked through a list of baby names for girls and found Allison, which I loved. Then I kept going, alphabetically, forever, until I stumbled upon Kaylee. I was torn, I loved them both! Then I found out Allison is also a last name, so now I'm Kaylee Allison! :) :daydreaming:

Lori31
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Actually for me Lori was my given birth name. But it was spelt Lauri. It is of finnish descent and is a common mans name there.

Nowadays sight unseen I still get mistaken for a girl if people call me by that name. I was at the emergency room(nothing serious), and the nurse doing the initial check up said sit here "maam" as I was walking to the booth.