PDA

View Full Version : Sex and Compulsion of CD'ing

Emily Anderson
07-20-2008, 06:06 PM
According to a survey I ran in 2001.

Primary Feeling During First Crossdressing Experience (Responses: 513)

Sexual Excitement : 291 (57%)
Non-Sexual Excitement : 88 (17%)
Fear of Being Caught : 80 (16%)
Embarassment / Guilt / Shame: 29 (6%)
Other (not listed) : 25 (5%)

Primary Reason I continue to Cross-dress (Responses: 513)

Sexual Excitement : 174 (34%)
Non-Sexual Excitement: 46 (9%)
I Feel Compelled : 217 (42%)
I Don't Know : 30 (6%)
Other (not listed) : 46 (9%)

I would be interested to hear your comments on these findings.

Emily Anderson
07-28-2008, 02:16 PM
LOL, well that was an interesting thread...

Littlej10
07-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Very interesting stats, I look forward to the 2008 update.

Ruth
07-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Some psycho-therapist people like to describe CDing as a compulsive disorder and I guess that your survey gives them some evidence.
The trouble is, there's a kind of value judgement attached to that term.
Nobody says he feels compelled to go out and play golf every weekend but I would rate it about the same on the compulsive scale.
Anyway, it's data, I love data.
Good on you girl.

Lidia_tv
07-28-2008, 03:56 PM
...and noone thinks of golfing as a disorder at that.

Emily Anderson
07-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Some psycho-therapist people like to describe CDing as a compulsive disorder and I guess that your survey gives them some evidence.
The trouble is, there's a kind of value judgement attached to that term.
Nobody says he feels compelled to go out and play golf every weekend but I would rate it about the same on the compulsive scale.
Anyway, it's data, I love data.
Good on you girl.

Well that's an interesting point, and you may well be right. In any case, I'm not in favor of feeding the psychotherapists with statistically irrelevant information.

On the other hand, I do wonder how such a question would have been phrased, and what the response ratios might have been if this were a support group for golfers. Hmmm...

Joy Carter
07-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Sorry Emily, I must have dosed off for a few. But honestly, thanks for taking your time to compile this information for us. I'm still searching for what make me tick.

abundantly_me
07-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I can only say, that your findings are basically what my SO has said to me.

Karren H
07-28-2008, 05:45 PM
What's sex again??? lol Been so long.... Sex really has nothing to do with it for me..... Should have been a nun.... :)

Angie G
07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Ruth I may be compulsive but there is no way I'm in disorder hun.:hugs:
Angie

Bev06 GG
07-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Emily
There definitely seems to be two camps as to whether dressing is sexual or not doesn't there.
I can think of a handful of Cd friends who are not driven sexually whether in male mode of femme mode. They have as much sex drive as Friar Tuck. But then there are those who's main motivation is sexual.

There are also those who aren't interested one little bit in feeling femme, they just want to attract another mate preferably a Cd for sex.

Guess CDs are as individual as the next person.
Bev

Very Sherri
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
All great comments.......I look foward to the 2008 survey. Interesting to compare the two surveys. Thanks for you effort in creating the surveys.

Bonnie D
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't see why there would be much of a change in 2008. My first experience wasn't for sexual reasons although it became so once I got dressed. So my answer wouldn't change if I participated in your pole in 2001 and it won't change no matter what year it is. Your second question may get a different answer depending on how long ago your first experience was. The longer the time span between the two, first time and now, the less likely you will get a different answer. In my case, my first experience was a long time ago. In 2001, I would have answered 'I Feel Compelled',
although 'compelled' may not be the appropriate word to use. I can't see that answer changing.

Bonnie

tvbeckytv
07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
i would be interested to see the second question have an answer option of "i feel complete"
thats what it is for me. whilst i guess you could say its compulsion, that dosnt really mean much in itself.

sweetceseal
07-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for republishing the results of the survey, Emily. It provided some useful insights, although you'd love to know more of the facts behind the "positive" (i.e., good feeling, safe, secure, happy) responses.

The facts behind the negative (i.e., not good feeling, uneasy, unaccepted, not secure, not happy) are easy to imagine, but the facts behind the positive responses requires so much more genuine understanding.

It'd be great if we could gain some insight on those aspects.

Jilmac
07-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes Emily, during my experimental period I would feel a sexual rush almost every time I slipped into my sisters' panties bras or girdles. Even the very first ime I dressed from head to toe that sexual rush was there. After a few years, the sexual rush started to subside and I was dressing simply because I enjoyed it.

I'm not sure if it ever became a compulsion but I know that I would sneak off to dress whenever I could. Perhaps you could call that my compulsion to dress because I could never get enough. Now at this late stage of my life, I dress simply because I can. It's a wonderful feeling to know that I can wear anything I want and don't have to hide from anybody. Compulsion now? I don't think so. Pure pleasure YESSS!