PDA

View Full Version : Those that have told their children

DeeInGeorgia
07-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Moderators, please relocate this post to the appropriate section.

Ladies and Gents that have told their children,

I am moderating a Panel Seminar at Southern Comfort Conference this October titled "If, When, and How to tell your child you crossdress.

I have a questionaire to give to children of crossdressers to get their feelings and opinions and experience being told. I am looking for crossdressing parents or S.O.s that are willing to pass on a questionaire to their child or children.

I will be compiling the answers to provide to participants at the seminar. I will also make sure that there is no identifying information. The desire is to help crossdressers make an educated decision whether to tell their children. Your childrens input will be very valuable.

If you would be willing to pass on a questionaire, please email me.

Thanks,

Dee

MJ
07-20-2008, 07:59 PM
well i am trans but my children know and accept me . the only issues i have is my daughter likes my makeup if i can't find it then she's got it . and my son well he is OK with me how ever there are some looks he just don't like but he does tell me when i wear something he likes on me .

sissystephanie
07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I have told my grown daughter, but not my son! My daughter's comment was, "just don't get too girly!" I haven't asked her what that means. My late wife knew and fully supported mmy CD activities. But we agreed to not tell the kids. Since I am now 76 years old, I thought it best to tell my daughter before she found it out when I was in emergency, or worse!

I would like to see your questions. After I see them, I will decide if I should pass them on. BTW, my daughter has been an RN for 27 years, so has seen just everything.

Sissy/Stephanie

PS: My daughter-in-law is the reason I did not tell my son.

DeeInGeorgia
07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
If you cannot get to my e-mial, PM me here. I am not sure how this site works for e-mail vs PM.

The reason to have anyone contact me is so that I can send you the questionaire so you can review it. I want you the parents to forward the questionaire on to your children. I have included a mailing address in case anyone wants to be really anonomous. The file is about 34 kb long.

Thanks,

Dee

Carroll
07-22-2008, 05:33 AM
I sent you an email and PM, just in case:)

Erica Lauren James
07-22-2008, 07:27 AM
I have also told my kids, they are now 12 and 10. They were 6 and 4 I believe when we had the talk. They already kinda guessed as there were a lot of womens clothes in daddys closet that they knew were not mommy's.

But the main reason we told them then was we were separating and she (ex wife) needed to explain to them why she was sending Daddy packing! lol

Any how if you go to my profile you can send me the questionnaire.

Erica

toniloraine
07-22-2008, 08:30 PM
i told my adult daughter the same night about a year ago that she told her mom and i that she liked women, we told her i liked women so well that i liked to dress as one. she told me she had known this for years. i acted suprised about her, but we have known this for a while. funny isnt it.

Bev06 GG
07-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I think my children know that my partner cds but I dont think they would thank me if I burdened them with it face to face. They get embarassed when I take them to school and Im listening to Lincs Fm instead of Galaxy.
Its very much a peer think but then my children aren't particularly strong characters yet, they are very influenced by their peers.
Bev

Joanne f
07-24-2008, 03:23 AM
I have children and they all know about my cross dressing as i took the attitude that if i am doing nothing wrong then there should be no reason to hide it, but i should point out that i only wear the clothes around them and not go all the way with makeup and wigs but they know that i have them .
The problem that you have with children is that they have far more changes in their lives between say 3yrs old to 16yrs old than we do over a 13yrs period, so what would be relevant to a 5-6 yr old could be totally different to them when they are 15-16yrs old as preshers from the outside word begin to effect them so that is something that you need to take into account .

joanne