PDA

View Full Version : Going out in NYC

Jessica Brekke
07-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm going to be in NYC in late August, and I think I want to spend as much time en femme as possible. I'm looking for places to go, people to meet, and hopefully a hotel that is CD friendly. The biggest thing though, is that this would be the biggest step I've ever taken towards being out, and I'm incredibly excited/nervous. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Genifer Teal
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
It depends what you want to do. You can literally go anywhere. This is not to say you won't get stares or the occasional comment. NYC is quite open. We even have laws allowing us to use the bathroom of the gender we are presenting as. Unfornately, most people - including the police - are unaware of this. No one will rush to your aide should a situation arise.

Back to wherer you want to go. There are drag bars and a tranny club if that is what you want. Some places to go for dinner. Also keep in mind, there are many tourists in manhattan due to the reduced value of the dollar. Most of them have never seen anyone like us. They can be easily fascinated and be your biggest fan.

Tell me more about yourself and what you are looking to do. I'll try to pointyou in the right direction.

Gen