PDA

View Full Version : my 50th

kerrianna
07-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Celebrated my 50th today at my mom's.

It was a gorgeous sunny day.

I couldn't wear a nice skirt because my buddy came up with his 7yr old son and also I think my family would have felt uncomfy.

So I was partial en femme as usual, and got nice femme gifts (and my bud's son was totally into my more femme gifts :) which kinda surprised me) but otherwise kinda drab. And felt like it.

It was okay. People are more important.

It would have been nice if more people took the time to say bye to me, but I guess that's my family. At least my younger bro gave me a nice hug.

When they all left I it was still warm enough for a skirt so I put my mid length reddish one on and the flip flops my work friend had given me on Friday (they have gold sequins that match my toenail colour) and took the dog for a walk around my mom's hood. Met a really cute guy right away and he smiled and said hi.

I love the freedom, I need the expression because of who I am, but I always realize that I can never be (well, not without $$$$ and surgery and drugs) who I feel like inside.

But I did feel pretty close, tremulously walking my mom's neighbourhood at night. Tremulous as a female at night, not because I felt I was faking something.

This is real, in so many ways to me.
Most people don't understand.

Anyway, 50 is a milestone for sure.
I have a few ideas how to celebrate it this week. (I took the week off work)

You'll probably hear more from me soon. :)

yms
07-21-2008, 04:43 AM
Happy Birthday!

I was glad to hear you celebrating instead of lamenting. I know it has become cliche, but fifty really is the new forty, at least from where I'm sitting.

Tina Dixon
07-21-2008, 05:37 AM
Happy 50:bday2:

RobynB
07-21-2008, 05:40 AM
Happy Birthday and many more.

AnnMorgan
07-21-2008, 05:45 AM
Happy Birthday! Ah, perhaps to find comfort in this mortal shell.

MJ
07-21-2008, 07:04 AM
happy birthday sis gald it went well may you have many more :love:

Holly
07-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Happy Birthday, Kerrianna. 50 is not so bad. It's nice that you could spend it with family and friends. Cool beans about your friends son. :)

Kate Simmons
07-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Happy 50th Kez. I'm glad you had a great day my friend.:hugs::)

Patty
07-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Happy Birthday
Sounds like you had a good day-have a nice week

KarenCDFL
07-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Happy 50th!

I turned 50 last March and low and behold no difference from 49 LOL!

Anyway don't forget to sign up for AARP. Really! We get a ton of great discounts and other related items.

If we had to turn 50, we all might as well take advantage of it!

SANDRA MICHELLE
07-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Happy Birthday "girlfriend", my 50th was two years ago this coming Thursday so I'll be two years ahead of you in the derby of life. Hope yours is as rewarding as mine has been!

DeeDeeB
07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
:bday2: So glad you had a good time.

I'll be celebrating the 13th anniversary of my 49th birthday this year. Maybe I'll get to 50 in a few years, maybe not. :D

Dee :fairy1:

Michelle_NY
07-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the 50 club gf. I passed it in April.

adelle
07-21-2008, 01:37 PM
happy b-day :drink:

Wendy me
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
lol welcome to your 50's ..... jump in hold on keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times ..... enjoy ..... this is the beginning of your second child hood..........

pamela_a
07-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Happy 50th and welcome to the club. I joined last year and it's not so bad. I'm glad you were able to spend it with family and friends, that makes the day all the more special

Big Birthday Hug

-Paula-

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Celebrated my 50th today at my mom's.
Wow are you OLD! :eek:

*runs off*

:hiding:

*tiptoes back*

You know I'm kidding . . . you know I loves ya! :love:

Glad you had a wonderful day, Kezzy . . . but better you than me anyway. :winkp:

dancinginthedark
07-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Happy birthday Kerri. :bday2:

I hope your whole birthday week is full of new things for your happiest memories book.

:hugs:

docrobbysherry
07-21-2008, 06:41 PM
My 50th was so long ago I don't remember anything about it. Except that I had NOT discovered CDing yet!

(I hope your was more memorable!)

RobertaFermina
07-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Congratulations Kerrianna,

I just passed 50 as well, and hope you are enjoying being more fully yourself and more able than ever to enjoy life !

I am glad that such a sensible and compassionate person as yourself is alive and making a difference in this world that we share.

:love: :hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Dawn Marie
07-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Happy 50th Kerrieanna, glad you could join our club,the next fifty will be just as wild. May you have many more. I'm looking at 54 in two weeks.

rachellenicole
07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Happy Five-Oh!!!

Rach:Party2:

kerrianna
07-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks everyone! :hugs::love:

Carol and I went shopping today before heading back to our quiet little town, and guess who ended up spending the money? My partner finds shopping for clothes a chore... I find it an addiction! I absolutely LOVE to shop for clothes! And spend money. :D

I told my GP once I had discovered that I love shopping and he said, "You really have gone over to the dark side!" :devil:

I finally got some proper women's shorts. One pair was pretty snug, kind of like biker shorts but in cotton-spandex and cuter, so I had to do some pretty serious tucking. My mom thinks I shouldn't wear tight stuff, but aren't all moms like that with their daughters? Esp 50 year old daughters lol.

She did call me a 'fashion plate'.

It's true.

I have no idea where these clothes are going to go. I think I need a bigger house. :heehee:

Jenny Beth
07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Happy 50'th, glad you had a fun time. I don't remember much of my 50'th....

could have been the whisky
might have been the gin
could have been the three or four six packs....

:bday2:

whitelace
07-21-2008, 09:58 PM
From on girl to another Happy Birthday believe me life begins again at 50 and your enjoyment in this life is boundless . have the best lacie:battingeyelashes:

marny
07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice time Hon. Lookbforward to 60. Your next milestone. :hugs:

gennee
07-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Happy 50th birthday, Kerrianna. Just be thankful that you were able to wear something femme.

Gennee

:bday2::Party2:

Kimberly Marie
07-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Happy 50th.....sounds like your having alot of fun.........my 49th is wednesday... right behind you.....I hope I have as much fun on mine.....:)

Edwina
07-21-2008, 11:16 PM
My 50th was so long ago I don't remember anything about it. Except that I had NOT discovered CDing yet!

Hey! I was going to say exactly that :D But when I am dressed I feel almost 50 again. :heehee:

Many more years of being YOU Kerrie

:love:

Edwina

Angie G
07-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Well Happy Birthday Kerrianna yu go girl enjoy hun.:hugs::drink:
Angie

kerrianna
07-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, and warnings from you older gals lol. :heehee:

I scored a lot of nice femme gifts. It's wonderful that my family knows so I don't have to hide this anymore... and I can angle for femme gifts.

We're planning to go into the city again on Thursday and see if I can't get a properly fitted wig. I talked to the place today and it seems ok. I know for more $$$ I can get a custom made piece to go with my own hair, which I would prefer, but that could be too expensive and maybe problematic with matching colour (seeing as I refuse to be grey lol).

Was going to get my ears pierced as a 50th bday present to myself, but I might not have time this week. Did talk to someone up here who does them professionally and it sounds good.

uknowhoo
07-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Hello Kerri dear! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm glad you had a nice day, and very glad you don't have to hide anymore.

Happy belated birthday, my friend. :hugs:

Love,

Tammi

p.s. I don't think I've mentioned, I loooove your (not so) new avatar! :)

p.p.s. Sorry I missed the thread b4... I obviously don't spend much time in MtF these days :o)