PDA

View Full Version : Where on Cape Cod?

Rachael502
07-21-2008, 06:46 AM
We're looking for a place on the Cape in Massachusetts where I can comfortably be on the beach in a women's bottom swimsuit, wearing toenail polish, and in general let my feminine side out a little. My wife is willing to let this out a little more in a relatively safe surrounding......any info would be appreciated........

darla_g
07-21-2008, 06:50 AM
i have only been there once and didn't go swimming, but i was going to say Provincetown. Don't know any more specifics than that. I can say that i recall there being clubs downtime with drag revues. It is most accepting particularly of the gay lifestyle, but just people being themselves. Very quaint area. I was there for a wedding of all things.

Ashlee
07-21-2008, 07:00 AM
I'll say Provincetown or "p-town" as we resident's of Mass. call it. I know of nowhere else where you could lay out in the manner you describe and not catch attention.

Rachael502
07-21-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm doing a search online and have focused on P-Town.....Fantasia Fair in Oct looks nice.....just tring to find a nice place to stay, maybe waterfront, and was looking for more specific recommendations....but thanks to all for any info!!!

Jillt
07-21-2008, 07:53 AM
YUP P-Town you might check out the P-town inn if its still there
the town is for alternate lifestyles good luck let us know what happens

Christine Kelly
07-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Yes, I would have to agree with Ashlee and Jillt.
Probably one of the few places that will not look twice at someone dressed.
One of our members here did find this place recently:
http://www.watershipinn.com
Looks very nice and reasonable too!
Have fun!

Kristen Marie
07-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Definitely Provincetown, but as you get further to the tip of the cape, you have Truro, Wellfleet, Orleans and there are definitely less people than up in Hyannis for example. You could go almost anywhere and be OK.

Alan
07-21-2008, 11:14 AM
P-town is your best bet, although the Cape itself isn't that bad when it comes to diversity.

From six years of living on the Vineyard, though, I would say don't go to Martha's Vineyard and dress in drag. Other people may have had better experiences there, but /shrug. I can only speak from MY experience.

Brooke Smith
07-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Yes P-town for sure. It has been a few years but,been there done that! I recommend the beach at Race Point. From the bath house turn left and walk down the beach to find your spot. Just stay off the dunes or the fun police will be all over you.

SweetCaroline
07-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Again, to echo the others, P-town would be most welcoming. Another place you might want to consider for swimming and sun bathing if you're from Massachusetts is the Randolf Country Club in the south shore. They have a pool, a sun deck, and an outdoor bar, and accourding to their website, are open from 10 AM in the summer. I've only been there once, off season, but they are very TG friendly.

Here's the link if you're interested...

http://www.randolphcountryclub.com/

Wendy me
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
lol yes p town for sure.... if your going to the Cape and want to be blended in ......in a women's bottom swimsuit thats the place............. lol lot of Mass. people here..........

ann stef
07-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Somewhere on the cape, there is a nudist beach. Wearing any kind of bathing suit wouldn't bother the bathers there.

TerriM
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Ptown is the place. I have gone there for the last 9 yrs during the fantasia fair. I love that town. My advice is make a reservation before you go. The summer is a busy time. I went to Romeo's last year and had a great time. Had a hot tub and the guys who run it is wonderful.

Terri

Chris St Pete
07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
P-Town is the place to go... OPen, friendly, accomodating
Check out the Fantasia Fair web site. They have a recommended list of places to stay..

Genifer Teal
07-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Interesting thing about P Town. In general it is very accepting. What you need to realize is that the community is where that acceptance comes from. The busineses and those who live there (year round) or work there. On the other hand, many of the tourists tend to be on the upper end of the social scale and are not as accepting. They are generall polite about it. Good manners have taught them not to be rude. You will also get average turists who just haven't been exposed to our community much.

Don't read this wrong. You will have no problem there. Just don't expect to be embraced by everyone. You will get looks and maybe a few comments behing your back. I'd rate it 50/50 on how many will accept you on an average day. Special events can be different. Regardless, 50/50 is a lot better acceptance than many places.

Gen

Bootsiegalore
07-21-2008, 07:46 PM
P - Town baby! (Provincetown - Big GLBT towmn)

Rachael502
07-22-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks for all the info/support! Focus is definitely on P-Town, and we are checking out as many places as have websites! I don't intend to parade through the streets in a pretty flowered suit, but sitting in the beach chair and pretty much keeping to ourselves as this first "outside" venture unfolds.....low key......It's quite exciting!:daydreaming:

darla_g
07-22-2008, 07:01 AM
that was pretty easy, i heard there may be places near Cape May as well. warmer water?

Rachael502
07-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Where's Cape May? Ahhhh.......NJ rings a bell.......

darla_g
07-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Where's Cape May? Ahhhh.......NJ rings a bell.......

the southeastern most tip of NJ, quaint town