PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder...

TommiTN
07-21-2008, 11:59 AM
how many CDers there might be en femme in public at any given time. This would exclude those at known CD/TG friendly venues such as clubs, etc.; just CDers going about their everyday lives as women. It is, of course, impossible to know this, but I suspect, after joining this forum and seeing how many members do go public regularly, the number is much higher than most would think.

Chari
07-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Having the same general thought, I've always wondered how many CDers do we see every day? Since they "pass" so well, we may never know!

ann stef
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
have gone out en femme many times, haven't noticed another one yet.

victoriamwilliams1
07-21-2008, 11:12 PM
That would be great to find out. I know of a few I have stood in line behind while Endrab.

erickka
07-22-2008, 07:51 AM
This one is like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop??" The world may never know. I'll bet that is many more than we all realize.

Karren H
07-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Well when I'm out I know there's at least one!! Lol. And typicaly I've got my head so burried in the clearence racks I wouldn't notice another one if she walked right by me.. :)

Angie G
07-22-2008, 08:34 AM
I often wonder when in a crowd how many dresser there are here.
Angie

Andi
07-23-2008, 01:48 AM
I know there must be a lot of crossdressers in the world, but I personally have only seen two in public in all my years that were obvious. That said, the others must have been very passable and went right under my radar. Go girls/guys you're looking good out there. :)

Deborah_UK
07-23-2008, 01:58 AM
how many CDers there might be en femme in public at any given time. This would exclude those at known CD/TG friendly venues such as clubs, etc.; just CDers going about their everyday lives as women. It is, of course, impossible to know this, but I suspect, after joining this forum and seeing how many members do go public regularly, the number is much higher than most would think.

Depends on the day of the week.

Today it will be 316,294

:D :D :D :D

sandra-leigh
07-23-2008, 01:59 AM
In a club tonight I was mostly convinced from a side profile and mannerisms that one of the women was a MTF cross-dresser (or perhaps TG/TS); one of the other women she was with had a face that might have been male. The third woman with them... for a second I perceived her as also male but it was less obvious.

Three previously-unknown CDs/TS together would happen to make sense this week, as there is a three-person CD/TS Fringe performance, the B-Girlz (Toronto, Ontario, Canada, http://www.b-girlz.com) and it could be that they wandered into the club on a night they weren't performing.

CD Susan
07-24-2008, 01:09 AM
I wonder about this same thing all the time. Whenever I am out in public I am always looking to spot another cd. It has never happened yet. Either they are passing so well that I can't spot them or they are just not there at all. I live in a small city of 35,000 population so know there are others like me here but I have not met anyone yet.

vivianann
07-24-2008, 01:38 AM
I have seen cders out in public from time to time. when I am not working I am dressed as a woman about 90% of the time, I do all my shopping enfemme, do all my business enfemme.

Bev06 GG
07-24-2008, 01:49 AM
I suppose it depends where you live. Some places seem to get CDs walking around all the time, take for instance Manchester. Where I live I only see the odd one and they usually give themselves away by keeping their head down and/or looking at people to see what their reaction is.
Bev

suzym4u
07-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Either they are passing so well that I can't spot them or they are just not there at all.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Sara Jessica
07-24-2008, 08:31 AM
I made the following observation in another thread which had to do with trans-activism:

"For what the so called experts say our numbers are, there are strikingly few of us out there for public consumption. And for those of us who go out, think of what it took to take those bold steps. When I'm out and about in guy mode, say at a mall, my "trans-dar" has only once in the last several years picked up a TG individual. She got on fine but I could see she was absolutely terrified."

And it's not like I live in Small Town Americana but I just don't see "us" out there too much...and I keep my eyes open!

DeeDeeB
07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Like Bev says, I suspect it has a great deal to do with where you are. I'm on the outskirts of suburbia (NYC), where most folks are rather conservative. As such, I have never picked out another CDer in public. If one is in a larger metropolitan area, like Greenwich Village in Manhattan, you probably can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. I also understand that places like Key West and Provincetown attract many CDers. I'm sure there are others like us around where I live, but like me are not comfortable being in public here, but would go out in a safer environment. :2c:

Dee :fairy1:

Dixie
07-24-2008, 05:07 PM
My ex and I were at a bar in Grand Junction when we saw "the world's worst Drag Queen" she couldn't pass for nothing. Well as it turns out he was really a she and a natural born GG:eek: Guess we weren't as smart as we thought we were:doh: Not to sound defensive but alot of people have been fooled by her, some one needs to give her some tips. Needless to say it was embrassing for us even though we did not point her out to others or make fun of her.