PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't dress designers CDs?

suzy cool
07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
It might be a cliche (and correct me if I am wrong) but it seems to me that just about every male dress designer is gay. Now I can understand that you might have to be in contact with your creative feminine side to design a wonderful garment but why are they all gay? I would have thought someone obsessed with the female shape and presentation would make a great dress designer. i.e. a straight CD.

What do you think?

Emily Anderson
07-21-2008, 12:39 PM
I think it doesn't matter whether you are straight, gay, or whatever.

Creativity is in the mind, not in the gender or sexuality.

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Maybe some clothing designers are closet crossdressers . . . who knows? :raisedeyebrow:

tvbeckytv
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
maybe, a straight CD would be too obsessed with the female shape and presentation for female tastes

Wendy me
07-21-2008, 01:50 PM
go for it suzy ........ give it a try............

jennifer41356
07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I think it doesn't matter whether you are straight, gay, or whatever.

Creativity is in the mind, not in the gender or sexuality.

:iagree:

Chari
07-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Heard that most male clothing/shoe designers hated their mother and most women in general. That is the reason for such outlandish, painful, ill fitting items, in rediculous colors and fabrics! LOL

KateSpade83
07-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Doesn't Isaac Mizrahi wear skirts? And I think he admitted it on Oprah!

Karren H
07-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I think there's a couple things going on... And the Captn may have hit upon it.. It maybe that successful designers don't crossdress openly because it makes bad business sense to.. And that you don't see any crossdressing designers because if they did crossdress openly then they never got a chance to be successful... Didn't hit it big or just were too outside of the expected norm for a designer... Just my opinion.... But I'll bet you almost everyone of them has tried on their creations more than a few times.. In private!! Lol. I sure would have!! :)

Joy Carter
07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
I read years ago when the "stick figure" style was in, that one designer, designed what looked good on him.

But then maybe some of them are not CD's, as they see a high paying career ahead.

Fab Karen
07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
As mentioned, creativity isn't tied to sexual desire. Plenty of gay men admire a beautiful woman without having sexual desire for one. A hetero female designer doesn't design male clothes because she's obsessed with men's bodies.

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Heard that most male clothing/shoe designers hated their mother and most women in general. That is the reason for such outlandish, painful, ill fitting items, in rediculous colors and fabrics! LOL
I don't buy that. :p

suzy cool
07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
I saw that Project Catwalk programme. (guilty pleasures or what?) and there was one little camp guy called Christian who was the most amazing designer and craftsman. His creations were really stylish and made with such skill that just the engineering was impressive. But what made me smile was when he was caught on camera holding his own dress up to himself and camping it up and down the room as if he was on the catwalk. Made me wonder.:)

Emily Anderson
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Because GG's don't want to wear frilly pink puffy dresses every day! :)

MonikaW
07-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Actually there are some that do. Phillipe Blond comes to mind. You can find many pictures and videos of him on the web.