PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

amber 07
07-21-2008, 02:10 PM
My Fiancee and I are staying in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge area the 1st week in August and I'd like to ask the members if there are any CD or GLBT friendly venues to visit. Thanks for your help. Hugs, Amber

StephanieC
07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know of any GLBT or CD-friendly places in either place. But I was there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Have a safe and relaxing stay.

kaitlin
07-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Amber, I wish I could help you more but I don't know of any places there. I have been many times and just love Gatlinburg! There is so much to do and see that you'll never get bored. But BEWARE!!!! on every corner and at every place to eat there will be some VERY pushy pain in the butt people, wanting to sell you time shares in about a dozen resorts. Be safe and have a good time, if I can do anything else for you just give me a hollar. Kaitlin

Sherry-Stephanie
07-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Tennessee the "the Belt Buckle of the Bible Belt"??? You've got to be kidding right?????\

and I live in a small town in Middle TN as well so I can say that!!!! (grin)...

ga_crossdresser
07-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I would reccomend a side trip to Knoxville TN that is about 30 minutes away. Knoxville being a college town has all sorts of things to do. You will find it hard in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area to find very much except for tons of shopping. There are several outlet malls in Pigeon Forge. I know that there are two Lane Bryant outlets on either end of Pigeon Forge. Hope this has been some help to you.

vivianann
07-22-2008, 01:02 AM
I have been to Gattlinburg and Pigeon forge area, it is very beautiful, I dont know of any transgender groups there, however there are alot of tourists there, and since you are going to be there with your wife, if you want to dress up as a woman you should not have any problems, you can visit the Ripleys museum enfemme in Gattlinburg, I have been there enfemme and had no problems, peaple were too busy to even notice. wear comfortable shoes, there is alot of walking to do. When I go there again I want to tour Dollywood enfemme, I wish I would have done it when I was there 3 yrs ago.
what you can do is google GLBT Tennessee, see what you find. good luck

Amelia Coffey
07-22-2008, 05:42 AM
My wife and I just did the East Tennessee thing a couple of weeks ago. Went white water rafting on the Ocoee river. That was awsome. We stayed at the Bearskin Lodge in Gatlinberg. Sorry to say, Amy didn't go along. I can't imagine that part of the country being overly accepting but I'm sure there must be some places where you just might blend in enough that nobody would notice.

Amy

erickka
07-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Wow. In the heart of the bible belt, let's see. We have lots of narrow minded, backwoods folks here, so I agree that Knoxville would be a much better place to look. I'm speaking from experience, I live in the sticks about an hour due south of Nashville. Seems that the bigger the city, the more diverse the culture. Have fun in P.F., It is gorgeous this time of year!

StephanieH
07-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I suppose you could always go to Dollywood and dress up like Dolly Parton in tribute! :)

Other than that, can't think of a thing around there, beautiful part of the world tho, love it up there!

Take care and have fun! :D

Billie Jean
07-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Was there just this past weekend. No place that is for CD'ers but the mix of people I don't think that you wuold be in any real danger. Yes Tn has it religious sect but I know plenty of people who never go to church and I live in a very remote area in Middle Tn. Billie Jean

amber 07
07-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Thank you all for responding to my request. I'll now Google Knoxville and see whats available. Hugs, Amber

Daphne7
07-25-2008, 12:39 PM
If you find any good places to go while in Eastern TN please post them!