PDA

View Full Version : SO? What's That? (FtM Question)

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Yes I know it stands for Significant Other. Others prefer the terms Partner or Spouse or something else.

I'm being a bit cheeky because I sometimes get a little envious when I read thread after thread where people mention their better halves (especially those that don't seem to appreciate them). And it seems to me that we - that is, FtMs, Transguys, or other female-bodied-but-not-totally-female persons are less likely to have a significant other. So by a show of hands please, how many of us do have that (however you define it: boyfriend, girlfriend, partner, spouse, etc.) and how many of us don't? I won't do a formal poll 'cause those get messed up real quick in this section. Just want to have a general idea.

Okay so I'll start. I don't have one and I have no prospects on the horizon. It's not that I wouldn't want that in some form - though probably not in the "normal" sense, if there is such a thing (maybe what I want is an insignificant other* ;)). It's basically that I'm not able to deal with the complexities of being in a relationship (short-term or long-term) - probably due to my trans issues, but probably due to more than that too . . . who knows? :idontknow:

To be clear: I'd like FtMs only to answer the question and the poll, but I'll accept general comments from everyone.

Cai
07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm sorta in relationship limbo - I started seeing someone, but we keep missing each other time-wise, and haven't had a conversation in about 3 weeks now. I'm not really sure I'd consider myself in a relationship with him right now.

I'd like to have an SO. I think. The problem is that life gets busy. I don't have much free time during the school year, even on weekends. And because of the school I go to, there's not really anyone there that I'm interested in dating.

Alan
07-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Well, there's Ben, of course...

Okay, okay, utterly seriously (sorry, Ben), I don't have someone in my life right now. The guy I mentioned in the 'Children' post was my only possibly serious relationship -- and we never actually 'dated' per se.

My situation, of course, is a bit interesting. In high school, I didn't date for a myriad of reasons. I was then away for a year, teaching in a high school. I was pretty much too young to date any of the teachers (legally, we were fine, but, for example, my closest friend there was 35-6, so it would've been... odd, to say the least) and as a teacher, I couldn't exactly date the students @_@.

There's university now and some hope... /shrug.

I find, though, that I'm not sure I particularly want to date. I mean, I would love to be loved, but dating, with all its trappings... romance, intimacy, sex... I'm not sure I really want that, not right now. Maybe, when I'm more comfortable with who I am and whatnot, I'll be happier dating, but that's a different matter. What I really want isn't a boyfriend or a girlfriend (I'm all about equal opportunity), but a best friend.

One that doesn't want to have sex with me and doesn't even expect it, since that's not the kind of relationship we would have. Hetero life mates or something like that.

Btw, Lex! You changed your pic! /is sad now. I loved the previous one.

Kieron Andrew
07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
i think im dating, doesn't answer you well does it lol, i'll tell you after the 9th

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Hetero life mates or something like that.
I can relate to that . . . well, the "lifemates" part, not the "hetero". ;)

Btw, Lex! You changed your pic! /is sad now. I loved the previous one.
I change it quite often actually, so fear not, Johnny will return at some point. But right now I need to look at something that will help me keep cool in this infernal heat. :whew!:

i think im dating, doesn't answer you well does it lol, i'll tell you after the 9th

I gotta wait that long to find out? :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
I gotta wait that long to find out? :heehee:

well so have I! :idontknow::tongueout

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
We're a happening bunch . . . the score so far:

Nope - Alan and me
Not sure - Cai and Kieron

:tongue:

wanttobejoe
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, I guess you can put up a Nope for me as well.

I wouldn't mind being in the right kind of relationship (not that I know exactly what that would entail), but to be honest I don't see it happening any time soon.

Alan
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, 'hetero' doesn't apply to me either; I'm more into guys than girls (but a girl with a figure will always catch my eye :D). I'm a 4 on the Kinsey scale, so I'm fine with both sexes, insofar as I am fine with intimacy.

/shrug. We're... independent! Free of all dangerous entanglements! Braving the waters alone! Making a stand! Not afraid to go it alone!

Eh, pity my spouses don't actually count. To explain: It's sorta a joke. I've been collecting spouses like people collect email addresses. It's not exactly serious, but I do have good fun with it (mostly because people don't usually realize we're just joking around.... Also, my occupation on my profile contradicts my statement about being single... ignore that)

And yay! Johnny will be back! /is happy. It'd be like me taking Hugh away (no worries, I love this pic :D And there are about a thousand icons with him on my comp).

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I guess you can put up a Nope for me as well.

I wouldn't mind being in the right kind of relationship (not that I know exactly what that would entail), but to be honest I don't see it happening any time soon.

Okay, updated score:

NOPE - Alan, Joe, me
NOT SURE - Cai, Kieron *marks the 9th on the calendar* ;)

Joe, if you don't know what the "right" kind would be for you . . . do you have an idea what kind you don't want? Not to pry, just if you know and want to share. :)

/shrug. We're... independent! Free of all dangerous entanglements! Braving the waters alone! Making a stand! Not afraid to go it alone!
All my life . . . :bg:

I've been collecting spouses like people collect email addresses. It's not exactly serious, but I do have good fun with it
I have one of those too, actually :shush:

And yay! Johnny will be back! /is happy. It'd be like me taking Hugh away (no worries, I love this pic :D And there are about a thousand icons with him on my comp).
If you start going through withdrawal for Johnny, you can look through my "Johnny, Johnny, Johnny" album in my profile . . . notice I said "look" not "touch". :tongueout

Tristan
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm a yes. I've been living with my bf or so (anything but partner because it's not a business deal - his gripe not mine heh) for two months. It's going fairly well. Of course learning to live with each other after being a long distance only was a bit of an adjustment, but I do consider myself extremely lucky. I remember that one of the hardest things for me to come to terms with being trans was the fear that no one would love a trans freak, but at the same time knowing I couldn't love anyone being that unhappy with who I was. I started out as friends with my now current s.o. and I think it's fair to say he saw me make that shift over time that we knew one another from there was no way I could transition to where I am now, living full time as male.

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I remember that one of the hardest things for me to come to terms with being trans was the fear that no one would love a trans freak, but at the same time knowing I couldn't love anyone being that unhappy with who I was. I started out as friends with my now current s.o. and I think it's fair to see he saw me make that shift over time that we knew one another from there was no way I could transition to where I am now, living full time as male.
You guys are the reason I haven't given up on the whole idea yet. :thumbsup:

Whatever flavor kool-aid he's drinking, we should hand out to some of the other guys. :thinking:

New scoreboard:

NOPE - Alan, Joe, me
NOT SURE - Cai, Kieron
YEP - Tristan

Alan
07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Okay, updated score:
I have one of those too, actually :shush:

If you start going through withdrawal for Johnny, you can look through my "Johnny, Johnny, Johnny" album in my profile . . . notice I said "look" not "touch". :tongueout

They ARE fun. I adore my spouses. I believe you know one :D

I've been rewatching the Pirates of the Caribbean lately, mainly prompted by your signature, actually, so I'm not EXACTLY going through withdrawal :D And there's always other movies with him... /happy smile.

DanielMacBride
07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Well you can add Me to the "got an SO" camp ;)

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
They ARE fun. I adore my spouses. I believe you know one :D
Yes I believe I do. ;)

Well you can add Me to the "got an SO" camp ;)

Yay . . . updated score:

NOPE: Alan, Joe, me
NOT SURE: Cai, Kieron
YEP: Tristan, Daniel

Alan
07-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Lex, I retract my complaint about your picture. It's currently about 90 degrees and MUGGY (and it's one of the nicer days this week... Saturday, we hit 94-95), and looking at it IS refreshing.

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Lex, I retract my complaint about your picture. It's currently about 90 degrees and MUGGY (and it's one of the nicer days this week... Saturday, we hit 94-95), and looking at it IS refreshing.
See? Looking at Johnny now might just get you overheated. :heehee:

Adam
07-21-2008, 07:12 PM
i am a dateless wonder not for want of trying but 3 girls i asked out in the last year said no funny enough they still want to stay freinds so thats nice but i would like to find someone one day to snuggle to

CaptLex
07-21-2008, 07:24 PM
i am a dateless wonder not for want of trying but 3 girls i asked out in the last year said no funny enough they still want to stay freinds so thats nice but i would like to find someone one day to snuggle to
For what it's worth, Adam, I think you're super snuggable. :koc: It's their loss.

New score:

NOPE - Alan, Joe, Adam, me
NOT SURE - Cai, Kieron
YEP - Tristan, Daniel

Alan
07-21-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm starting to think your original idea was right, Lex: most of us don't seem to have SOs. Must be why we're not posting about how accepting they are :D

boi_0h
07-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I am mostly dateless, and most of my dates are freaked out by the whole trans thing so there's really nothing long term. I would eventually like to have a spouse, family, kids perhaps, but for now I'm not in a situation that would allow me to do such. Someday though...someday.

ZenFrost
07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
You could'a done an open poll and smacked anyone who wasn't supposed to vote with a smacking stick. Like this one--> :gg:

I actually am finding it very depressing that we're afraid to post a poll in our own section anymore. :sadp: I mean, really, when was the last poll we had in the Transmasculine section? Last November? :sadp:

Back on topic... If we're talking SO's, I suppose that I've got and IO then. I mean, sort of. I don't really feel like sharing any details or anything, but it's a real weird situation. So I've got an IO, but not an SO, and I don't think I'll be getting an SO anytime soon (if ever) but I wouldn't really mind one... I just don't mind being alone at all either though.

Felix
07-21-2008, 11:28 PM
You can most definitely add me to the yes list, cos I have an amazing SO!!!! xx Felix :hugs:

BadassBabyBrother
07-22-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm currently in a platonic dating/relationship with this one girl. I wouldn't call her a "significant other", but yeah. I'm dating her. Which is surprising considering I'm only interested about men. *shrugs* Ah well, she's nice, so... Oh yeah, and accepting, atleast on the outside, but she came out to me as a lesbian, so I don't know if she actually thinks of me as a man, instead of female. *shudder*

Alan
07-22-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm currently in a platonic dating/relationship with this one girl. I wouldn't call her a "significant other", but yeah. I'm dating her. Which is surprising considering I'm only interested about men. *shrugs* Ah well, she's nice, so... Oh yeah, and accepting, atleast on the outside, but she came out to me as a lesbian, so I don't know if she actually thinks of me as a man, instead of female. *shudder*

I once had this major crush on a girl, but she was a lesbian, which is pretty much the only reason I didn't do anything about it. It would've killed me to have her think of me as a girl. /shudder.

halfman_halfamazing
07-22-2008, 02:22 AM
aww now i feel like a douchebag! =P
as you know, yes i got one of the best girls in the world

onerous
07-22-2008, 03:14 AM
I don't have one.. would like to though.. getting desperate o.o

though if i did.. doubt it will interfere much with my studies.. instead it would most probably do the opposite :P

Abraxas
07-22-2008, 04:41 AM
I have 'others' and I have 'significants,' but the closest I can get to dating (besides being married to Alan) is usually making out with drunk guys at parties. *pout*

Unfortunately, everyone I meet who I might be compatible with sexually, I don't click with emotionally (or is unattainable), and everyone who seems to show a little interest in me is either female, creepy, or (at least on some level) sees me as a girl.

wanttobejoe
07-22-2008, 04:50 AM
Joe, if you don't know what the "right" kind would be for you . . . do you have an idea what kind you don't want? Not to pry, just if you know and want to share. :)

I actually do have an idea about what the "right" kind of relationship would be, it's just a bit vague. The most important things would be that I could be myself (which probably would mean that it wouldn't be very physical) , and that the relationship would be based on loyalty and trust.

Punkster
07-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Right now I don't have an SO and I prefer the term partner because I don't think of it as a business deal, more of someone that is part of your life and shares the things you do.

I did have a partner who I still love very much so there isnt much chance of dating or a relationship on the cards for a long time. That isnt to say I have any problem in that area, there are always plenty of women, just until I met my ex I had an awful knack of picking the wrong one!

On top of all that, I keep harping on about the fact that my mojo seems to have gone on vacation lol. I am in a place where I need to sort myself out first and dating just isnt on the agenda.

I was married to a guy once before I was able to step out of the closet lol and I almost married a woman.....I am so glad I managed to escape that one!
I am still on speaking terms with the guy as he is my son's father, I also get along great with his new partner too. Its unusual but were Punk Jnr is concerned we are united.

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 08:24 AM
You could'a done an open poll and smacked anyone who wasn't supposed to vote with a smacking stick. Like this one--> :gg:

I actually am finding it very depressing that we're afraid to post a poll in our own section anymore. :sadp: I mean, really, when was the last poll we had in the Transmasculine section? Last November? :sadp:
Good point, Zen. It's not so much being afraid as not wanting to be bothered having to use the smacking stick (makes more work for us). But I added a poll now . . . hope you have that stick handy 'cause you know we're gonna need it. :tongue:

And for anyone who thinks they can anonymously vote on OUR poll and ruin the results - this poll reveals all names and I'm not above "naming and shaming" . . . you've been warned. :straightface:

So the current score seems to be:

NOPE: Alan, Joe, Adam, Shaun, Onerous, Benny, Punkster, me
SORT OF: Cai, Kieron
YEP: Tristan, Daniel, Felix, Deacon, Ron
OTHER: Zen . . . or maybe you belong in the "sort of" category, Zen :thinking:

Did I miss anyone? :raisedeyebrow:

Joe, thanks for answering my follow-up questions. I think you're not alone in what you'd like . . . in fact, I know you're not. :hugs:

Ron, don't feel bad for being in the "yep" group . . . I'm happy for you, dude. :)

Alan
07-22-2008, 09:25 AM
I have 'others' and I have 'significants,' but the closest I can get to dating (besides being married to Alan) is usually making out with drunk guys at parties. *pout*

Unfortunately, everyone I meet who I might be compatible with sexually, I don't click with emotionally (or is unattainable), and everyone who seems to show a little interest in me is either female, creepy, or (at least on some level) sees me as a girl.

I think that's the worst when it comes to dating -- being seen as female. Okay, not the WORST (I've seen worse), but I really really don't want to be treated like a girl in a relationship just because out of the two of us, I happened to be the one that was born with a female body.

Good point, Zen. It's not so much being afraid as not wanting to be bothered having to use the smacking stick (makes more work for us). But I added a poll now . . . hope you have that stick handy 'cause you know we're gonna need it. :tongue:

Joe, thanks for answering my follow-up questions. I think you're not alone in want you'd like . . . in fact, I know you're not. :hugs:

Lex, I have the idiot-bashing stick all ready. Feel free to borrow at any time (the STICK, not the guy wielding it).

Joe, you're definitely not alone. I want the same things in a relationship. :hugs:

ZenFrost
07-22-2008, 12:37 PM
So the current score seems to be:

NOPE: Alan, Joe, Adam, Shaun, Onerous, Benny, Punkster, me
SORT OF: Cai, Kieron
YEP: Tristan, Daniel, Felix, Deacon, Ron
OTHER: Zen . . . or maybe you belong in the "sort of" category, Zen :thinking:

Yeah, I'm an 'other' because I've got an 'other' but it's just not a significant one. :blink:

I know, and I'm fed up with having polls ruined too, but I don't like not being able to even have them because people can't read. :rolleyes:

And for anyone who thinks they can anonymously vote on OUR poll and ruin the results - this poll reveals all names and I'm not above "naming and shaming" . . . you've been warned. :straightface:

Yes, and for the two so far that have ignored all warnings and voted anyway: :gg:

Tamara Croft
07-22-2008, 12:47 PM
There's always going to be some idiots who have to ruin polls... I'm just glad to see this poll was open to view who did it, but I can still check who voted in the anonymous polls... it's a shame those 2 don't have the brain cells to READ :Angry3: I swear, we should put up an IQ test to join this forum, to see if members know the meaning of DON'T VOTE IN POLLS YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTING IN.... and yeah I'm mad!!!

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
:wall:

That didn't take long. I put the poll in this morning after breakfast and by the time I came back from lunch it was ruined already. :rolleyes:

Hit 'em harder, Zen! :gg: Tamara . . . can we take away their panties? :Angry3:

Tamara Croft
07-22-2008, 01:19 PM
LOL Lex, there would be a Armageddon if we did that :heehee:

Shelly Preston
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
OMG I cried at that too :cry:

Still if some people would actually read it would help :Angry3:

Kieron Andrew
07-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Well well, theres a surprise, the lack of respect continues....

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Alrighty then . . . time to update the score again:

Yes - Tristan, Daniel, Felix, Deacon, Ron

No, and I would like one - Adam, CaptLex, Heather lace, onerous

No, but I don't want one - Alan

[Not sure which "No" Joe, Shaun, Benny and Punkster belong in]

Maybe . . . sort of . . . not sure - durden, Kieron Andrew (where's Cai?)

Other (please explain) - ZenFrost

Nobody asked you - Emily Anderson, Heather lace

Tamara Croft
07-22-2008, 01:38 PM
So, can I ask a question to those without an SO? Do you think being a FTM makes it harder getting into a relationship? Because, and this is mho, you are out already, nothing is hidden, whereas the majority of MTF's hide the fact until after they are in a relationship and then get themselves into the constant lies from the begining.. whereas the majority of FTM's here are already out... so do you think that makes it harder starting a relationship? does this even make any sense?

Devon James
07-22-2008, 02:01 PM
You can add me to the NOPE-section, it would be nice to meet someone in the future though. No rush anyway, I still have a hangover from the last one.

Cai
07-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Alrighty then . . . time to update the score again:

Yes - Tristan, Daniel, Felix

No, and I would like one - Adam, CaptLex, Heather lace, onerous

Maybe . . . sort of . . . not sure - durden, Kieron Andrew (where's Cai?)

Cai was off figuring out how to send MCAT scores. But I'm back now. :)

Tamara - It can make it harder. For example, the people I'm mainly interested in dating are gay men. Problem is, I don't have the equipment most gay men are interested in, and for a solid percentage of them, it's a deal-breaker. (I suppose the same is true for straight women, but as I've never approached a straight woman, I've never been rejected for that reason). Plus, being trans carries with it a fair amount of emotional and social baggage.

So yes, I do think being trans makes it harder to get into a relationship. I'm not MtF, so I can't express an opinion on that in a relationship.

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 02:06 PM
so do you think that makes it harder starting a relationship? does this even make any sense?
That's a good question, Tamara, and one I've discussed with my therapist. It's just my opinion, but I think it is harder to start a relationship for those of us who are out and open about our trans status. I think most people (men or women) who would be attracted to men are not likely interested in men who don't have all the parts, and wouldn't be open-minded enough to give it a chance before they can make up their minds. :straightface:

Alan
07-22-2008, 02:07 PM
So, can I ask a question to those without an SO? Do you think being a FTM makes it harder getting into a relationship? Because, and this is mho, you are out already, nothing is hidden, whereas the majority of MTF's hide the fact until after they are in a relationship and then get themselves into the constant lies from the begining.. whereas the majority of FTM's here are already out... so do you think that makes it harder starting a relationship? does this even make any sense?

Made sense, no worries. I'm open about it, and I use my male name, but a lot of people still view me as female. And I'm not about to get into a relationship with someone who views me as a female. And a lot of people aren't okay with it, even if we were open about it from the beginning.

And some people just think we're freak shows and ask us the most annoying questions that they wouldn't ask any normal person. :wall:

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 02:11 PM
New scores:

Yes - Tristan, Daniel, Felix, Deacon, Ron

No, and I would like one - Adam, CaptLex, onerous, Deron Diablo

[Still not sure which "No" category Joe, Shaun, Benny and Punkster belong in]

Maybe . . . sort of . . . not sure - durden, Kieron Andrew, Cai

Cai was off figuring out how to send MCAT scores.
Who told you you could do that? :raisedeyebrow:

:heehee:

Alan
07-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Jesus, did we have people screw this up ALREADY? I mean, how hard is it NOT to vote in a poll that says FTM-only? :doh: REALLY, REALLY NOT THAT HARD. /gnashes teeth.

Lex, I am giving you the idiot bashing stick. Use its power wisely.

Sorry. As a teacher, people NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS annoys me more than anything (not REALLY)

Cai
07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, college applications have this funny thing about wanting official scores before they'll decide whether to accept you.

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Lex, I am giving you the idiot bashing stick. Use its power wisely.
Doesn't matter much - it's like beating down ants . . . there's always a few more to take that one's place. :p

Well, college applications have this funny thing about wanting official scores before they'll decide whether to accept you.
Okay but . . . you didn't ask for permission to leave the ship, sailor. :tongue:

Ah you know I'm just messin' with you. :bg:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, latest score update:

Yes - Daniel, Deacon, Felix, Ron, Tristan

No, and I would like one - Adam, Benny (Abraxas), CaptLex, Deron Diablo, Onerous

[Still not sure which "No" category Joe, Shaun and Punkster belong in]

Maybe . . . sort of . . . not sure - Cai, Durden, Kieron Andrew

Cai
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
:tongueout

I'm back now, anyway - is that good enough?

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 03:35 PM
:tongueout

I'm back now, anyway - is that good enough?

Yes but . . . I may have to punish you. :whistling:

Cai
07-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Well, if that's the welcome back I'm going to get, I should disappear more often. :devil:

I'll try to behave for now, though. :angel:

Should we be keeping some kind of record of how long it takes for threads in this section to wander off topic?

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, if that's the welcome back I'm going to get, I should disappear more often. :devil:
:eek:

I'll try to behave for now, though. :angel:
Where's the fun in that? ;)

Should we be keeping some kind of record of how long it takes for threads in this section to wander off topic?
You know it doesn't matter . . . they wander off . . . they wander back . . . the worse that can happen is that we get seasick. :laughing:

Cai
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Where's the fun in that? ;)

Hmm, that's true.

I don't want to disappear just now though, I'll have to find some other way to make trouble. :devil:

You know it doesn't matter . . . they wander off . . . they wander back . . . the worse that can happen is that we get seasick. :laughing:

Considering that I do get seasick, I suppose I should watch out. :doh::heehee:

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Considering that I do get seasick, I suppose I should watch out. :doh::heehee:
Now you tell me :doh: . . . that's one cabin boy that won't get an invitation to my cabin after the rum party. :heehee:

Cai
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Now you tell me :doh: . . . that's one cabin boy that won't get an invitation to my cabin after the rum party. :heehee:

:sadp: Awww....

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 04:01 PM
:sadp: Awww....

Oh okay . . . just don't get too close to the hot tub. If you start swaying, just go lie down . . . in the nearest hammock of course. :winkp:

Cai
07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh okay . . . just don't get too close to the hot tub. If you start swaying, just go lie down . . . in the nearest hammock of course. :winkp:

It's a deal. :)

And to the topic at hand - Brian got an email Sun night saying I was back from vacation. It is now Tuesday. I will shift from "sorta" to "NO" unless I hear from him very soon.

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 04:12 PM
It's a deal. :)

And to the topic at hand - Brian got an email Sun night saying I was back from vacation. It is now Tuesday. I will shift from "sorta" to "NO" unless I hear from him very soon.

:hugs:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooh another update:

Yes - Daniel, Deacon, Felix, Ron, Tristan

No, and I would like one - Adam, Benny (Abraxas), CaptLex, Deron Diablo, Joe, Onerous

[Still not sure which "No" category Shaun and Punkster belong in]

wanttobejoe
07-22-2008, 04:14 PM
[I][Not sure which "No" Joe, Shaun, Benny and Punkster belong in

I voted : No, and I would like one

No, and I would like one, but I'm not really looking
would be more accurate, though. :heehee:

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 04:16 PM
I voted : No, but I would like one

No, but I would like one, but I'm not really looking
would be more accurate, though. :heehee:
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I should have made that a different choice . . . suits me too. :)

Hidden Tell
07-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, I have a man-person at the moment but he's been bugging the crap outta me latey and prolly won't last very much longer. So, what category would that put me in? o_o

CaptLex
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, I have a man-person at the moment but he's been bugging the crap outta me latey and prolly won't last very much longer. So, what category would that put me in? o_o
Other? :idontknow:

Alan
07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeesh, no but I don't want one makes me sound so bitchy. But I don't... (I also feel lonely all by myself there). Unless, wanting a non-sexual life mate is wanting one.

ZenFrost
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
That makes three. :gg:

Sure is difficult to read the stuff in bold, isn't it? :raisedeyebrow:

Alan
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
It is my firm belief that this people don't read anything at all and just click buttons randomly, which is how they end up voting in our poll.

Because the only other option would be that they have cottage cheese for brains (I'm not saying they do, just to be clear. I'm saying they're not reading the BOLD at all).

/whacks people who don't read the rules with idiot bashing stick. Whew. That was fun.

Tamara Croft
07-22-2008, 10:13 PM
That makes three. :gg:

Sure is difficult to read the stuff in bold, isn't it? :raisedeyebrow:I've added FTM to the poll, if anyone else votes in the damn poll without reading it and are NOT FTM, they are going to get a bloody ban. I'm so sick of this crap :Angry3:

CaptLex
07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I've added FTM to the poll, if anyone else votes in the damn poll without reading it and are NOT FTM, they are going to get a bloody ban. I'm so sick of this crap :Angry3:

Thanks, Tamara . . . that may hurt even more than taking away their panties. Too bad there isn't like an electric shock that hits 'em if they post in the wrong place. :tongue:

Guys, I'm thinking I should have added more response possibilities, but if I change it now it'll change your answers, so . . . never mind.

Anyway, here are the latest numbers:

Yes - Daniel, Dave, Deacon, EthanNoel, Felix, Ron, Tristan

No, and I would like one - Adam, Benny, CaptLex, Deron Diablo, Joe, Onerous

No, but I don't want one (or not currently looking) - Alan

[Still not sure which "No" category Shaun and Punkster belong in]

Other (please explain) - ZenFrost (and maybe HiddenTell)

Nobody asked you - Emily Anderson, Heather lace, KimberlyG

Wolfie
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Ok - been hiding away for a few days (in a dark room under the duvet refusing to speak and eat but hey whats new?) Decided to check forum and find this poll - damm what can I say yes I have a SO (on the 2nd official one!) but he is not sure he will be able to stick around as my transition goes along its merry way... so for the time being yes. I hope for the future he will still be there but he likes women and errr well I'm changing thank god to my inner male so its a waiting game. If not him then nobody for me.

metalguy639
07-24-2008, 08:32 AM

Hee hee

It is my firm belief that this people don't read anything at all and just click buttons randomly, which is how they end up voting in our poll.

Because the only other option would be that they have cottage cheese for brains (I'm not saying they do, just to be clear. I'm saying they're not reading the BOLD at all).

/whacks people who don't read the rules with idiot bashing stick. Whew. That was fun.

Very true.

I voted the other possibility mainly because I had no idea what the hell you meant by SO. Thought it was some sort of sexual thing........don't ask LOL. So as to the correct response to the poll because I answered wrong would be No I do not have one & not sure I want one right now but if the right person comes along....sure!

Leo Lane
07-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, for over four years I've been head over ears in love with a friend of mine. We're close, we spend a lot of time together, she cares about me, but it's never going to be more than that. I can quite well live with such a state of affairs, however.

jsoto81
07-26-2008, 11:13 PM
I do have a girlfriend, soon to be wife come january 16th.

Alan
07-27-2008, 01:05 AM
I do have a girlfriend, soon to be wife come january 16th.

Congrats!! :cheers::^5:

RevMoonSerpent
07-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Well I know you guys have heard me talk about my husband before. As of June 15th we have been married for 6 years.

Kieron Andrew
08-07-2008, 03:28 PM
need to change mine to no...even though i already did the poll

Punkster
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Erm actually there's been a little change....please add me to the maybe not sure, kinda catergory lol

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Well circumstances change sometimes, guys. Not mine, but you know . . . ;)

I started the thread 'cause I was curious whether most of us do or don't have significant (or insignificant) others and it seems that more guys do than I originally thought.

But if any of you need a date . . . call me. :love:

Kieron Andrew
08-08-2008, 11:02 AM

you're just not my type Lex :heehee: and too far away lol

BadassBabyBrother
08-08-2008, 11:10 AM

*starts digging out Lex's phone number*

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 11:13 AM
you're just not my type Lex :heehee: and too far away lol
There must be something about me you like - we were engaged once, remember? :heehee:

:battingeyelashes: :kiss:

Cai
08-08-2008, 11:17 AM

I'm pretty sure I have it around here somewhere...*searches*

:daydreaming:

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure I have it around here somewhere...*searches*

:daydreaming:
*still waiting for Cai to call for a date* :battingeyelashes:

Tristan
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Well circumstances change sometimes, guys. Not mine, but you know . . . ;)

I started the thread 'cause I was curious whether most of us do or don't have significant (or insignificant) others and it seems that more guys do than I originally thought.

I could use a date, :heehee:

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I could use a date, :heehee:
Does your boyfriend agree with that? :raisedeyebrow:

What the heck, bring him too. :heehee:

Cai
08-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Does your boyfriend agree with that? :raisedeyebrow:

What the heck, bring him too. :heehee:

Oooh, this sounds like it's getting interesting...

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Oooh, this sounds like it's getting interesting...
Or maybe you can tag along and we can double date. :winkp:

Alan
08-08-2008, 06:04 PM

Hm.... /bribes someone for Lex's phone number.

/distracts Ben from this thread.

I'm actually hoping I'll find someone in college. /fingers crossed.

Tristan
08-08-2008, 06:48 PM

Sure I can hook Cai up with Mark and we can double date with them. :heehee: I don't know how he feels about it, but he wouldn't be surprised to see this post.

Tamara Croft
08-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I guess debbeelee1 doesn't understand the meaning of FTM vote only :rolleyes: you can add that to the Nobody asked you!!!

Alan
08-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I guess debbeelee1 doesn't understand the meaning of FTM vote only :rolleyes: you can add that to the Nobody asked you!!!

WHY is this SO hard? WHY??? I mean, it says FTM only in five places!!

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 11:08 PM
WHY is this SO hard? WHY??? I mean, it says FTM only in five places!!
Good question, sweetie. Maybe we should do a poll and find out. And we can put it right here in this section because our polls are magnets for MtFs anyway.

Here are the options - do you mess up our polls because:

1. You never learned to read?
2. You don't even know we exist?
3. You don't care who it's for, you just can't resist a poll?
4. You just want to piss us off?
5. None of the above - please clue us in.

:wall:

Tamara Croft
08-08-2008, 11:20 PM
6. Sheer ignorance
7. Oh I didn't read it...
8. I used the 'new posts' button and didn't know what section I was in..
9. I have an IQ of a fly...

Need I go on? :Angry3:

Cai
08-08-2008, 11:31 PM

Sure I can hook Cai up with Mark and we can double date with them. :heehee: I don't know how he feels about it, but he wouldn't be surprised to see this post.

Sounds like a plan to me! :heehee:

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 11:39 PM
:lol2:

I bet some would choose that one! :heehee:

Alan
08-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Good question, sweetie.
Lex, there are... five people in the world who may call me sweetie. Not to be mean or anything, but I really dislike it. It reminds me of dresses and lace and frills and having old people go "Aren't you just the cutest little girl?" The people who may call me sweetie have all known me for over seven years and are all over 50 (oh. And then there are my parents, but nothing dissuades them (they are not over 50)). I will allow almost any other moniker, but sweetie is just... /shudder

Here are the options - do you mess up our polls because:

1. You never learned to read?
2. You don't even know we exist?
3. You don't care who it's for, you just can't resist a poll?
4. You just want to piss us off?
5. None of the above - please clue us in.

6. Sheer ignorance
7. Oh I didn't read it...
8. I used the 'new posts' button and didn't know what section I was in..

10. I have cottage cheese for brains.
11. I really like the idiot bashing stick. (Alan: /thwack thwack thwack)
12. I randomly click buttons all day. You know that saying about monkeys and typewriters and infinite time and such? I'm trying to bang out the works of Shakespeare.
13. I'm sure you really DO care about my opinion, even though I'm not FTM.
14. Oh! I thought you meant the OTHER MTFs shouldn't answer, not me!
15. I thought you meant that only CDs/MTFs/whatever shouldn't answer.
16. I'm trying to make a point here -- stop discriminating against us!!
17. I voted in your poll? When?
18. Did you put that in the directions? Oops. My bad. /repeats mistake.
19. What the hell is an FTM anyway?

CaptLex
08-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Lex, there are... five people in the world who may call me sweetie. Not to be mean or anything, but I really dislike it. It reminds me of dresses and lace and frills and having old people go "Aren't you just the cutest little girl?"
Oh I understand. I wouldn't want people who see me that way calling me that either, and I don't mean it that way, but if it bugs you I'll refrain, no prob. The guys can tell you that I call everybody "hun", "sweetie", "babe", etc. . . . it's a gay thing and it comes from hanging around with my flamboyant cousin for so many years.

No harm meant. :)

Alan
08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh I understand. I wouldn't want people who see me that way calling me that either, and I don't mean it that way, but if it bugs you I'll refrain, no prob. The guys can tell you that I call everybody "hun", "sweetie", "babe", etc. . . . it's a gay thing and it comes from hanging around with my flamboyant cousin for so many years.

No harm meant. :)

Aw, thanks. I hope I wasn't offensive or anything. /is tired. I'm sure you don't mean it that way, but you know what memory is like. Triggered by odd things.

"hon", I don't mind. "Babe", /shrug, whatever. Actually, every single moniker except 'sweetie' (I should amend that -- m'dearest Ben will come up with some atrocity and cite this thread). I actually call everyone 'hon' or 'dear' too. That comes from... being me, I guess. I'm not flamboyant... I'm just eccentric! :bg:

Tamara Croft
08-09-2008, 12:03 AM
You better not call me 'hon' or 'dear'... I'll be whacking you with my big stick... and it's bigger than yours :tongueout

:gg:

CaptLex
08-09-2008, 12:06 AM
You better not call me 'hon' or 'dear'... I'll be whacking you with my big stick... and it's bigger than yours :tongueout

Anything you say, babe. :bg:

(Yes, I know you were talking to Alan . . . couldn't resist). ;)

Alan
08-09-2008, 12:10 AM

Aw, hon, I didn't mean it like that!

/ducks.

You may have a bigger stick.... but I'm a faster runner :D Plus, I'm good at ducking.

Anyway, I don't call EVERYONE 'hon' -- just people who don't hit me with sticks (more accurately, people I'm close to/friendly with who don't mind).

Abraxas
08-09-2008, 05:53 AM
List of names I've called Alan which prompted him to withhold sex (There've been more; just can't think of them) :

Snugglemuffin
Snookums
Monkeybutt
Meanie
Sweetcheeks

Now. What's your rating on these?:

Punkinhead
pudding
Sexpot
Squishybear
Snookiepoo
Munchkin
honey bunny
Fuzzy wuzzy

Alan
08-09-2008, 01:22 PM
List of names I've called Alan which prompted him to withhold sex (There've been more; just can't think of them) :

Snugglemuffin

I let you call me that. AND, I call you that, snugglemuffin, so I don't see why you put that on the 'withholding sex' list.

Snookums
Monkeybutt
Meanie
Sweetcheeks

These I will admit I did threaten (THREATEN) to withhold sex over.

Now. What's your rating on these?:

Punkinhead

My brother called me that when he was three. Unless you want me to think of my brother when we're having fun, don't call me this.

pudding

I'm not even gonna make the obvious joke. Sheesh, Ben, you REALLY do just leave yourself wide open for them, don't you?

Sexpot
Squishybear

Fine. Squishybear? It's odd, but then again, so are we.

Snookiepoo
Munchkin

No, and no. I'm not THAT short, thanks.

On second hand, Munchkin might be okay... it sounds funny. Besides, there's a great innuendo there. Fine, munchkin may stay.

honey bunny
Fuzzy wuzzy

/shrug.

Where in the WORLD do you come up with these, edesem.

Abraxas
08-09-2008, 05:15 PM
The first time I tried to call you snugglemuffin you freaked.

From now on, I will call you Squishybear. :D

Where do I come up with them? The dark recesses of my twisted mind.

Alan
08-09-2008, 05:33 PM
The first time I tried to call you snugglemuffin you freaked.

From now on, I will call you Squishybear. :D

Where do I come up with them? The dark recesses of my twisted mind.

Well, yeah, but I got used to it. /eyeroll.

Tamara Croft
08-09-2008, 05:43 PM
You two need to seriously GET A ROOM...

... don't make me roll my eyes at you....

Alan
08-09-2008, 05:45 PM
You two need to seriously GET A ROOM...

... don't make me roll my eyes at you....

Are you getting in the way of true... whateverthisis?

Tamara Croft
08-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Are you getting in the way of true... whateverthisis?Moi? nevah!!! like I said.... GET A ROOM.. and get off my stick... :gg:

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
08-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Other. But I don't feel like explaining.. lol

Ryan
08-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Yes I do :)