PDA

View Full Version : CD'ing a Cycle? Almost Like a Period...

Marissa Mae
07-21-2008, 02:57 PM
So after a few years of dressing, I have noted a cycle of sorts when it comes to the urge to dress, almost like a sin wave in math. I haven't figured out the wave length as yet of the cycle, but it has definitive crests and troughs. At one point, for a few days, I want to dress almost non-stop; eventually it tapers off and I dress maybe once a day. Then, it is every other day, and eventually we are at the bottom of the wave, and I have no urge whatsoever to dress. And in a few days time, the cycle starts to ramp back up again.

Anyone else feel the same, like it's almost a period? Like right now, I can't even think about wearing non-male clothes, whereas 2 weeks ago I was dressed all the time haha. And I know in a few weeks I will be back to wearing heels and a bra :D

I am currently 27 and it's a decent balance of "male time vs. female time". For those of you who are older than me, do the scales start to tip in favor of one side of the wave or the other?

Marissa

kristinacd55
07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi Marissa, You've summed it up. I'm 53 & I've been through the cycle thing too. Also, with buying clothes too! lol

Tina Dixon
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
I hope the GG's don't see this thread:doh:

LucyLuck
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I know the cycle, sometimes for me I feel like I'm going to explode with the need to dress the it tappers off and I can breath againe. Up and down like a yoyo :battingeyelashes:

SatinDoll00
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Great diagram!! I love the little gurl and the little guy at the bottom!

This about sums it up for me! I have the same rise and fall in urge, and it seems the 'sort of want to' parts don't last long. I am into dressing hot and heavy, and considering hormones, etc. for a given period of time (3-5 weeks), then I suddenly stop caring, for probably a month or so, then it comes back, slowly at first (first day or two), then I am right back into it.

What causes that I wonder??? I have heard this from other CDers as well.

tvbeckytv
07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
hmmm,
assuming the 'x' axis is time, the 'y' axis is urge...your graph makes no sense, as you appear to simultaniously really want to dress and really not want to dress.

it is hilarious though.. :lol:

Karren H
07-21-2008, 03:12 PM
In my humble opinion, I'd say what your describing is more related to Biorythms.. The 23 day physical cycle, the 28 day emotional cycle and the 33 day intellectual cycle.. All sinasoidal and then you get a tripple peak or a tripple low.. Watch out.. Everything in nature runs on cycles... Tide.. The moon... Animals.. Why should we be different.. Lol.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/biorythm

Tomara
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi Marissa , Yes for over 40 years that cycle has been in my life , it can be days , weeks or months at a time , in both male or female desires , and far as age goes , speaking for myself the only thing that has really changed is I`m more comfortable with myself than I have ever been and with that I am able to enjoy the feminine me more than when I was younger . I hope that makes some sense to you . Tomara

Emily Anderson
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Sounds like bullcrap to me.

Where on earth did you come up with such an idea?

Kate Simmons
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
It has a lot to do with Earth's magnetic field and the energy grid. Similarity to a sine wave is no accident. Eventually though the wave becomes steady state the more we get in touch with ourselves.:)

Shelly Preston
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
There are always times when the desire to dress will be stronger than others

In no way is it ever a regular cycle

To compare it to a Period in my opinion is just stupid :brolleyes:

Sarah...
07-21-2008, 04:36 PM
In my humble opinion, I'd say what your describing is more related to Biorythms.. The 23 day physical cycle, the 28 day emotional cycle and the 33 day intellectual cycle..

Oh bummer! I think my cycles are broken. I have a 5 minute emotional cycle, a flatlined intellectual cycle and a non-cyclical physical cycle. It's a sort of chaos theory. I always, always, always want to be CDing and it causes chaos.

Sarah...

Deborah Jane
07-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh that sort of cycle....
I was thinking of something with wheels :doh:

Emily Anderson
07-21-2008, 04:40 PM
It has a lot to do with Earth's magnetic field and the energy grid. Similarity to a sine wave is no accident. Eventually though the wave becomes steady state the more we get in touch with ourselves.:)

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

That was good!

Brooke Smith
07-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds like bullcrap to me.

Where on earth did you come up with such an idea?

Geez Emily,don't hold back..how do you really feel?

Marissa I loved the drawing:) Brooke

suzy cool
07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Right idea but it isn't regular. Liked the diagram though.

bimini1
07-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Mine co-incides with the full moon lunar cycle. When the moon is full like a werewolf I get real bold and the urge to dress is almost overwhelming.
There is all sorts of stuff that operates on the moon cycle I've discovered.

xoAmandaxo85
07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
i feel the same way sometimes like marissa does. I'll have the urge to dress for about 2 or 3 weeks and then it will fade away and i wont dress for a minimum of a 2 months and after that the urge to want to dress again comes back but im getting to the point where the the urge to dress becomes longer and the times when i dont feel like dressing become shorter.

Samantha43
07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Exactly, except my cycle runs in months. For a few months I want to dress all the time, then it slows down to a point where it isn't worth the effort, and that lasts for a few months.

I used to try to figure that out, but gave up and just go with how I feel now.

Great diagram by the way.

Niya W
07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Use to feel that way. Then some ran my sine wave through a DC rectifier . Goes from sorta want to dress to always want to dress.

Its just my wallet that goes through the full sine wave now. Now just need a few caps, and inductors to smooth out that signal . Yes I'm a geek

Stephanie Scott
07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow, how fantastically mathematical of you. If your diagram reflects the sin, what is the cosin?

Anyway, I think that describes the situation for me perfectly. Stages of extremes and "middle periods" that could go either way happily.

Marissa Mae
07-21-2008, 05:48 PM
So again I am not too shocked to find that a lot of others have the same type of "cycle". I have always thought of it this way, so decided to see what it would look like in illustration. Thanks for the compliments :hugs:

tvbeckytv: wait wait... its easy to trip me up when dealing with numbers and math haha if each number on X is increasing from center, and each point on X is unique, the sin wave is only crossing at one point at one time as time marches on. So on any 1 day, you can only be at one point on the sin curve. I don't know, what am I missing :o:)

Karren: I totally agree with the biological cycles and think it has a relation to the urge to dress. Perhaps it is a change in hormonal levels over a certain time influenced by these rhythms.

To those that are hurt or offended: loosen up!!! I guess to be politically correct, I'll add a disclaimer to my statements :strugglin:

I am in no way claiming we have a menstrual cycle or is it anything like a menstrual cycle. (did I really need to disclaim this?) And of course this isn't scientific data, just observations put into a visual form.

Tough crowd in here today :doh:

dianarg
07-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah there definitely is a cycle, although in my case it's doesn't follow deadlines. I evaluated many possibilities, but I still couldn't find an explanation.

Niya W
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Well men period have cycles as well. They may not like to admit it. For some its more pronounced.

Lord know for me I had hard time at the end of the month. Might as well taken midol :) .

So why wouldn't your urge to dress be tied to this cycle of emotions?

Marissa Mae
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah there definitely is a cycle, although in my case it's doesn't follow deadlines. I evaluated many possibilities, but I still couldn't find an explanation.

Oh yeah, there is certainly no way that you can predict it absolutely, but you do feel the urge to dress ebb and flow then :hugs:

I am a nerd too I guess, it's interesting to me haha

Huntress
07-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm with you Marissa. The cycles are there, but the amplitude fluctuates according to who knows what rules.

AND no, you didn't need a disclaimer. Like and similar are what they are, but grumpy & cranky will only get a misanthrope, a creaky old rocker on a porch. With kids in the street pointing, laughing, and egging the curmudgeon's house. Deservedly.:bovered:

Huntress

jennifer41356
07-21-2008, 06:03 PM
nope cant say that I do , I spend each day in female mode, maybe not the whole 24hrs, but I cant wait to get home in evenings and put on my gal clothes, though my work clothes are all womens now....I am glad I dont have that "cycle"..I am trying
to make up for all that lost time:D:D

darla_g
07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
LOL I don't know why you would say that. I would think they more than anyone could understand cycles. jk

Actually i have a cycle but it is more about the seasons. This being the summer is low season for me. and if it weren't for this place i probably wouldn't even be thinking about this.

Use to feel that way. Then some ran my sine wave through a DC rectifier . Goes from sorta want to dress to always want to dress.

Its just my wallet that goes through the full sine wave now. Now just need a few caps, and inductors to smooth out that signal . Yes I'm a geekSadly I thought this was very funny and i understood it too!

Niya W
07-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Lol I knew some would Darla. Now lets go and watch Dr. Who

TGMarla
07-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I just knew, no matter how long it took, that in time, someone was going to come up with this. I suffered through inumerable threads about sitting down to pee; now we're comparing urges to dress with periods. "See what a girl I am? I have periods!"

Please, I'm begging you....SPARE ME!!!!

Lump me in with Tina, Emily, Shelly, and the others who want no part of such a discussion. I mean, really! Are you kidding me? I'm willing to entertain the thought of ebbs and flows in one's desire to dress, but you really had to use the 'P' word there, didn't you ?

Give to me a break. :rolleyes:

KarenCDFL
07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
I have to whole heartedly agree about the cycling. And my wife would give a high 5 to it as well.

She noticed it very early in our relationship and as we researched phenomenon, We also saw the need to be a girl changing with the cycle.

We also discovered it does not match a FAB's lunar cycle. It could take weeks to months for the cycle to complete.

As we have lived together, we have both found the extreme highs and lows have vanished but the cycles does continue.

Dragster
07-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Sorry, but here comes the maths lesson!!!

Becky, yes the x axis is time and the y axis is urge. At any one point in time (along the graph), there is only a single point on the graph which represents the strength of the urge. The points of maximum and minimum urge occur at different times.

Stephanie Scott, the cosine would be an identical curve, but shifted to the left by a quarter cycle. Since there are no values quoted on the x axis, it's effectively the same curve.

Niya, you don't really need the transformer in your circuit, just feed the input straight into the diode/resistor (D/R) circuit. And if you did add the inductors and capacitors, could I guess what level would you smooth it out to? Could it be the maximum possibly???

Taking Marissa's thread seriously (yeah, really) my urge comes in cycles, but it's totally random. Maybe it depends on what I ate for dinner!! What's the equivalent of an aphrodisiac for CDers?

Tony

Marissa Mae
07-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I just knew, no matter how long it took, that in time, someone was going to come up with this. I suffered through inumerable threads about sitting down to pee; now we're comparing urges to dress with periods. "See what a girl I am? I have periods!"

Please, I'm begging you....SPARE ME!!!!

Lump me in with Tina, Emily, Shelly, and the others who want no part of such a discussion. I mean, really! Are you kidding me? I'm willing to entertain the thought of ebbs and flows in one's desire to dress, but you really had to use the 'P' word there, didn't you ?

Give to me a break. :rolleyes:

I don't see what your problem is. There are more "cycles" or "periods" than just the females of our species experience. So if I had said "CD'ing a Cycle, Almost Like The Sunspot Cycle", would that be offensive too? Maybe I should have just said "Urge to dress almost Periodic?". Are you caught up on the wording, or the observation itself?

Maybe you don't notice it, but seeing as how 95% of respondents in this thread agree with me (and if you do a Google search on "Male period", the results will also startle you), empirical evidence is against you.

Niya W
07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry, but here comes the maths lesson!!!

Niya, you don't really need the transformer in your circuit, just feed the input straight into the diode/resistor (D/R) circuit. And if you did add the inductors and capacitors, could I guess what level would you smooth it out to? Could it be the maximum possibly???

I was thinking more of the line this. OK so I don't need an inductor :)

Oh and far as the transformer. I'm to lazy to pull out my schematic drawing tools. Just used the first pic I could find.

TGMarla
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
My point, which is probably clear to the sharper minds around here, is that comparing it to a period is gratuitous. Hmmm...let me quote me for a second....

I'm willing to entertain the thought of ebbs and flows in one's desire to dress...
See? I'm okay with the thought that one's desires to crossdress go in cycles. But saying that they're like a woman's period is like saying cold fronts are like tornados. Hey, they both turn in circles, don't they? Sorry. They are not comparable, nor does it work in any way like clockwork. And women's periods can sometimes be that way. Oh, and mix in the misery they endure while "cycling", and oh, gee! Poor, poor crossdresser! They get so irritable when they don't feel much like dressing! Gee! It's like a period!

Again. Spare me.

Fab Karen
07-22-2008, 05:40 AM
In my humble opinion, I'd say what your describing is more related to Biorythms..

I wonder if Pet Rocks have Biorythms. Guess you'd need to do carbon dating to know their birth date. :)

Originally Posted by niya blake: ... ran my sine wave through a DC rectifier.

rectifier? I don't even know 'er!:heehee:

tvbeckytv
07-22-2008, 06:20 AM
My point, which is probably clear to the sharper minds around here, is that comparing it to a period is gratuitous. Hmmm...let me quote me for a second....

Again. Spare me.

maybe the sharper of the sharper minds could see quite clearly Marissa was not comparing it to a menstrual cycle. Actually, i dont even think you need to be vaguely sharp to realise that.

Angie G
07-22-2008, 08:16 AM
I can't say my scale seem to be always been tiped to the dressing side. :hugs:
Angie

Diane Elizabeth
07-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes. I would have to agree. Though it isn't regulated like other cycles. Mine comes and goes with the emotions. Some days I get so antsy to dress then after a period of time I have no desire to bring the closet out. It can be such a mental cruelty when one cannot wear clothes of their choosing during those times. DRESS ON LADIES.

Chari
07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
You can keep your "cycles"; menstrual, lunar, and otherwise! I'm stickin' with my Harley! See you at the next "poker run". LOL

Kiva
07-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I've noticed this for years. My desire to dress ...."comes and goes" .....how's that for a description? I have always related it to the weather....when it cools off in the fall...I can't wait to get dressed! During the hot days of summer...I can't wait to get undressed. (More food for thought) :)

Kiva

Tamara Croft
07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
maybe the sharper of the sharper minds could see quite clearly Marissa was not comparing it to a menstrual cycle. Actually, i dont even think you need to be vaguely sharp to realise that.It is quite obvious, I just rolled my eyes and moved along... Seriously though, people, read the first post again, she wasn't comparing it at all... jeez... talk about jumping on a person for reading the question wrong :rolleyes:

Marissa Mae
07-22-2008, 02:58 PM
I've noticed this for years. My desire to dress ...."comes and goes" .....how's that for a description? I have always related it to the weather....when it cools off in the fall...I can't wait to get dressed! During the hot days of summer...I can't wait to get undressed. (More food for thought) :)

Kiva

"Comes and goes" is a perfect way to describe it! The graph is too steady when it fact the urge to dress is not very predictable in any sense :) One week I could dress every second of every day, the next 3 weeks I wouldn't have any thought of ever wearing any type of female garments.

See? I'm okay with the thought that one's desires to crossdress go in cycles.

You are spared, since you agree with my point and are only caught up in the wording of the title. Where did I ever say "We have periods, just like women!" or when did I say "don't you get irritable just like when a woman has her period" when we don't have the urge to dress... I sure didn't, so please stop twisting mine and everyone else's words.

It is quite obvious, I just rolled my eyes and moved along... Seriously though, people, read the first post again, she wasn't comparing it at all... jeez... talk about jumping on a person for reading the question wrong :rolleyes:

:love: Thanks

Niya W
07-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I wonder if Pet Rocks have Biorythms. Guess you'd need to do carbon dating to know their birth date. :)

Depends Karen are they Igneous,Sedimentary, Metamorphic. You have to treat them differently
Originally Posted by niya blake: ... ran my sine wave through a DC rectifier.

rectifier? I don't even know 'er!:heehee:
Ok no more red neck jokes. Takes away Karen's red neck dictionary

SatinDoll00
07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
What's the equivalent of an aphrodisiac for CDers?

http://www.scripophily.com/webcart/images/fredricksofhollywoodvig.jpg

bimini1
07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Well men period have cycles as well. They may not like to admit it. For some its more pronounced.

Lord know for me I had hard time at the end of the month. Might as well taken midol :) .

So why wouldn't your urge to dress be tied to this cycle of emotions?

Yes, we did some studies on this in college with sports teams, practices, etc. What we found is that men's cycles are a lot faster and more numerous than a female's. In other words, it may take a month for a woman's hormones to surge, even out. A man's may do it several times in a day. It affected the team's performance. It was an interesting study.

If one players hormones were surging it also affected the other players in meaningful ways. Kind of like two women being in the same house and one of them goes on a period that seems to 'knock' the other one's on.

battybattybats
07-23-2008, 12:28 AM
There are always times when the desire to dress will be stronger than others

In no way is it ever a regular cycle

To compare it to a Period in my opinion is just stupid :brolleyes:

Shouldn't we plot it and graph it in actuallity before we state there is or is not a regular cycle?

Men have hormonal cycles too, it'd be interesting to plot CDing urges against hormone levels. Especially if CDs might have unusual hormone levels or cycles.

It'd be interesting to compare it to self-repressions or thought-reactive mental illnesses that also can be cyclical. Such as with thoughts and gender-related experiences such as is used in treating depression and anxiety with cognitive behaviour therapy exercises. In them people with depression and anxiety are tasked with mapping their symptoms over time correlating them with diet, excercise, upsetting events and certain types of thinking so that they see that changing the way they think about upsetting things changes the way they react and feel enabling them to take greater control over their symprtoms!

(oh and as a disclaimer I'm not suggesting CDing is a mental illness.. I am suggesting that not wanting to CD is for a CDer a symptom of mental illness! The result of struggling with self acceptance.)

Dragster
07-23-2008, 03:41 AM
http://www.scripophily.com/webcart/images/fredricksofhollywoodvig.jpg
Aphrodisiac for CDers? I like your style SatinDoll!

Tony

Suzy Harrison
07-23-2008, 09:02 AM
I find I have no cycle at all. I want to all the time and think of it everyday.

Bev06 GG
07-23-2008, 10:15 AM

Tee hee, Tina, why is that then.
I would say that CDing for some does definitely go in waves, but my fella tends to start waving when he's not so busy so I have just assumed it was to do with circumstances and opportunity.

I hope if it is a period type of thing it isn't as painful as ours can be.
Bev

AmandaM
07-23-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't see a cycle per se in the crossdressing act, but I defintely see a cycle in the desire to be/act/look a woman, which leads to my crossdressing. I find that at these times, I tend to act more like a woman before crossdressing.

kym
07-23-2008, 11:41 AM
my cd used to go in cycles very quickly, however its stopped cycling and is stuck on female.:D i talked to a therapist this am who happens to be an ex gf who said that in time if its not just a fetish it will stop cycling and you will feel like the sex you were meant to be. she also stated that she saw the cycle stop in me about four months ago and thats why me and her are no longer together as she doesn't like feeling like a "lesbo"

DeeDeeB
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I like the biorythms theory myself. Since the periods (there's that nasty word again) are different for the physical, emotional and intellectual cycles, we are often in discordance and sometimes in accordance, when all three cycles coincide. This could help explain extended times on either end of the CDing spectrum. Or maybe not.

Anyhoo, my cycles tend to go from ****ty to sophisticated rather than from want to and don't want to.

Dee :fairy1:

Marissa Mae
07-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Shouldn't we plot it and graph it in actuallity before we state there is or is not a regular cycle?

Men have hormonal cycles too, it'd be interesting to plot CDing urges against hormone levels. Especially if CDs might have unusual hormone levels or cycles.

It'd be interesting to compare it to self-repressions or thought-reactive mental illnesses that also can be cyclical. Such as with thoughts and gender-related experiences such as is used in treating depression and anxiety with cognitive behaviour therapy exercises. In them people with depression and anxiety are tasked with mapping their symptoms over time correlating them with diet, excercise, upsetting events and certain types of thinking so that they see that changing the way they think about upsetting things changes the way they react and feel enabling them to take greater control over their symprtoms!

(oh and as a disclaimer I'm not suggesting CDing is a mental illness.. I am suggesting that not wanting to CD is for a CDer a symptom of mental illness! The result of struggling with self acceptance.)

That would be an excellent idea, if a sample of CD'ers noted throughout a 2 month's time when they had the urge to dress, say on a 1 to 5 scale for each day. I would almost guarantee there would be a pattern of sort, PERIODS of when the urge was greater, and PERIODS when the urge was almost non-existent. At the same time there are always exceptions, and those would be our outliers in the data collected. Generally though, I think we would see a Bell/ Sin Curve of some sort.

anna kate
07-23-2008, 02:36 PM
So after a few years of dressing, I have noted a cycle of sorts when it comes to the urge to dress, almost like a sin wave in math. I haven't figured out the wave length as yet of the cycle, but it has definitive crests and troughs. At one point, for a few days, I want to dress almost non-stop; eventually it tapers off and I dress maybe once a day. Then, it is every other day, and eventually we are at the bottom of the wave, and I have no urge whatsoever to dress. And in a few days time, the cycle starts to ramp back up again.

Anyone else feel the same, like it's almost a period? Like right now, I can't even think about wearing non-male clothes, whereas 2 weeks ago I was dressed all the time haha. And I know in a few weeks I will be back to wearing heels and a bra :D

I am currently 27 and it's a decent balance of "male time vs. female time". For those of you who are older than me, do the scales start to tip in favor of one side of the wave or the other?

Marissa
I'm new at this forum stuff, so I hope I'm in the right spot. I've been a CD for almost 60 years, my urge to dress never ebbs. Especially now in my later years. I would love to go full time and never wear a pair of mens jockies again.

Beth-Lock
07-23-2008, 09:21 PM
If you find the cycle constricting, is it okay to wear pedal pushers, (capris)?

SusanLaine
07-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Same here, cycles since early on...I'd say that the cycles change in length as I've aged and have dressed for a few decades...the intensity has also changed and in my definitely non-medical opinion it seems to tie in to hormone levels and overall sex drive - both of which decrease with age. :-(

I know that this is how I feel and I'm glad to hear that others have had the same experience, thanks for the thread Marissa. :-)

Andi
07-24-2008, 01:47 AM
I don't think it's a cycle at all but I do liken it to the PMS aspect of a period. When I can't dress I get really cranky and don't want to be around anyone. :Angry3:

CD Susan
07-24-2008, 02:45 AM
The only cycle I have is the one that I ride every chance I get. It has two wheels and I have to pedal it to make it move! My cd activity or interest is always at a constant that neither ebbs or flows. I am a cd that has no level other than a constant one and hope that never changes. I know that we are all different and I find that interesting. As for myself I am close to being dressed and living as a woman 24/7. I am not there yet but am so close to it that I no longer think of myself as being a man in the traditional sense. I am so happy with my life and only wish that I had done this many years ago.

tanya3
07-24-2008, 03:10 AM
i don't seem to have a cycle at all . i want to dress and do to some extent every day ,