PDA

View Full Version : Another person educated.

Nicole Erin
07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
I work with this one lady who would often joke with me about my femme looks. Pretty rough jokes/crap we would give each other but it is all in good fun. She thinks my femme name is "Danielle". Well that is what she calls me.

She pretty much knew I was CD anyways but the past couple days we got to talking about it. I kind of outed myself anyways with a response to her question -
"Do you wear "booty" shorts when you are not at work?" [booty shorts being the ones where your butt sticks out the bottom.]
Well that on top of the fact that I said yesterday - "I think I am the only man here who is worried if his shorts might be too short to wear to work" She laughed and said "Oh hell no! [in the "you gotta be joking" tone]"

And I said something that few male non-CD would know -
"No I don't. One I don't have the butt for it and besides, any shorts above a size 16 don't come in "booty" shorts." She then said "....Fashion Bug...."

So we got to talking more about CD and all, she asked if Cds were gay, if they wanted to be women, and the other usual questions. Funny thing tho, she didn't ask "why" I dress.

I told her that most CD are not gay cause gay men are attracted to masculine things and are not likely to put on a dress. She told me of how one of her nephews loves to go to her house and prance around in her daughters clothes. I said "He is CD, I can't imagine how many of us did that when we were real little."

It was cool tho cause I think I am the first CD she has known where she knew/confirmed CD status. We have been good work friends for quite some time. She does like to tease people about things in a joking way, but in a serious level she is one of those "live and let live" types.

Well this post is a little jumbled but people often share "coming out at work" stories so here is mine. And don't worry, I am not at risk of losing my job over anything. It is not some fabulous job anyways.

Erin [Not Danielle]

lisa531
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
so you got read as a cd being yourself, well sounds like she has no problem with it more of a curiosity i guess, but yes i think most people think crossdressers are gay (yes maybe some are) or they get the wrong images of us from tv shows like springer and the like so they really dont know us

TxKimberly
07-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Sounds to me like you did good!

DonnaT
07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Good job, Erin. And her nephew will probably benefit too.

Fab Karen
07-22-2008, 04:41 PM
gay, bi, hetero, CD's run the gamut. Though essentially you passed on the info. that the reason for dressing isn't trying to attract a man.

darla_g
07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
well i hope it goes well for you then. I had a really good female friend at work, i mean really good, she would always me about her dating situation was, her sex life, we would discuss sex and relationships etc, I was married but she even knew my wife. Ok that sets the picture.

I had my Halloween experience i mentioned in another post (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74560) . So i was just busting a gut wanting to tell someone and i thought she would be perfect. So i confided in her. Big Mistake! she bugged me like you wouldn't believe for weeks she wanted to see the pics and bring it up at very bad times. I tried hinting to tone it down but she wouldn't take a subtle hint. Eventually she moved to a different building so i didn't see her as often and eventually she left for another job.

So that is my lessons learned from that experience!

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-23-2008, 12:51 AM
so you got read as a cd being yourself, well sounds like she has no problem with it more of a curiosity i guess, but yes i think most people think crossdressers are gay (yes maybe some are) or they get the wrong images of us from tv shows like springer and the like so they really dont know us

You are definitly right about alot of people think that CDers are gay. Here is an example I heard on the radio last week.

I was driving home from work and there is this radio show that I like to listen to on a station thats in Trenton,NJ. The host is a good guy,always brings up interesting topics and has callers call in with their opinion and so forth.

There was this one regular caller from Staten Island who called and he is gay. The caller and the host were talking and the caller invited the host to a party he was having on Sat. night. Joking, the host says I guess I have to pick out a dress. The caller says why and the host say, well your gay so I guess I have to fit in. The caller says you don't need to wear a dress. All of my gay friends and myself wear regular guy clothes. Just because we like other men doesn't mean we wear dresses and we don't like women's clothes at all. The host said ok talk to later and so forth.

I thought to myself,most people do not understand CDing at all that most CDers are straight. I just laughed.

Like I stated before, the host & caller are friends, so it was all in good humor,no offense intended.

Felicity :)

Nicole Erin
07-23-2008, 01:44 PM
She is cool. I mean I don't imagine she is going to be bringing it up at bad times or anything.

I did make a slight mistake in my first post - I said I think I am the first CD she has known. Silly me, I forgot about one of my friends at work who is an FTM CD who has been around there longer than me. However, my FTM CD friend likes women, very hardcore about that.

Well anyways today, I had just worn this pretty orange-pink tee and shorts, ones that were almost too short. This afternoon one of the ladies at work said "You are the talk of the town today, everyone is saying "did you see how pretty Brian* looks...?

I said "Oh gyod, they are still entertained by me, I figured they would be bored by now." I guess not.
Erin

*Male name changed to protect the guilty

trannie T
07-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Bravo MilleErin! Instead of running and hiding like a scared little bunny she told the truth and educated a co-worker.

Chronos
07-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Good job enlightening your co-worker. :)

joann07
07-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi Erin,

Very well done.
It's nice that you have a co-worker who is understanding and open about your CDing.
Maybe next time you all can go girly shopping. :heehee:
That would be so cool.

Hugs!

Angie G
07-24-2008, 12:35 AM
She sounds like a fun friend hun. :hugs:
Angie

vivianann
07-24-2008, 02:34 AM
Good for you, I like to educate peaple too about the crossdressing lifestyle, it goes along way in our cause.