PDA

View Full Version : Wig advice

Vivian2
05-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Okay ladies today was my first day shoping for wigs and I think I gained some valubale experience and I want to share it with you all. I didn't make an impulse by even though she pressured me into it kinda. Instead I went right back home looked for the same wig online and found one for $90 less. Note it was $190. So yes I believe small shops are very expensive but that at the same time they are so beneficial, espeically when their TS friendly like this one, since you can see whats best for you. BTW you should call first and see if they have private fitting and if their TS friendly. My first wig was a DISASTER! IT crushed my self-esteem and my desire to be a woman when I bought it online 2 years ago. I didn't look feminine at all! I looked like a guy with long hair. The problem was two things. This is very important I believe. I picked a style I liked on women and without thinking it would look good on me, the first time. It's very important you consider you face shape! I cant stress this enough. Not knowing what a wig looks like on you can spell disaster. The second thing I learned at the wig shop was color was very important. I tried on two wigs, one with highlites and the second with a more natural color but were the exact same wig. I didn't really like the one with highlights but when I tried the one on that was closest to my hair color I was shocked by how feminine I looked. With some shaped eyebrows and some make up I would defintly be passable I believe. It was so great thoughts just flooded my head. I can go out in public now! So the lesson is shop at a wig shop before you by a wig. See what's best. Don't be afraid if theiur TS friendly they are very comfortable around us! I asked her how many CD's come in and she said about5-10% of her customers. So they are used to seeing us. Don't be afraid, you will feel great when you find the right wig.

DonnaT
05-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the forum Vivian. Good advice.

I bought my first online, and liked it, but my wife didn't, so she took me to a wig salon for a proper fitting, which is the one in my Avatar.