PDA

View Full Version : Makeup Vanity

AKAMichelle
07-22-2008, 04:19 PM
How do you conceal this item from the outside world? Once you have friends over to your house, how do you keep them from seeing your makeup table?

I am considering buying one and since I live in the house by myself I figured it would be easier to hide. But how to keep it from my kids who are older and my x-wife. :D

darla_g
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
first why don't you keep all your makeup in a separate makeup case?

I guess you could find a makeup table that looks more like a desk and only mount a mirror when you need it. I actually prefer one of those makeup mirrors that has a magnifier and clamps on. They have built in lamps too.

Brina Halloween
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I've heard of portable ones that fold up. That would be the easiest to hide. An alternative would be to remodel the bathroom and make the vanity area into what you need. UI bet that would boost resale value :D

Brina

Alice B
07-22-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't have that problem. We have a built in make-up counter with drawer and lights. My wife does not use it, so it is mine alone. Plus, our bedroom and bathroom are upstairs away from prying eyes.

renee k
07-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't have that problem either. I keep my makeup in a case that's stored below the sink in the master bath. None of my guests or family use that bathroom anyway. So no problems here!

Huggs, Renee

tamarav
07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
When I lived in California, one of my CD friends was remodeling her home. While the carpenter was working she asked if he could build a concealed storage area into a wall. He took a large vanity and set it into the wall, wired it and installed a bunch of lights.

When my friend wanted to use it, she swung the large picture that covered it away and dropped a table front down from inside. Really a neat setup.

Sally24
07-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I always use a portable, lighted mirror anyway with a 10x mirror stuck on it. I take one with me when I go and have one on my vanity table. I only use the big vanity mirror to check the overall look. All my work is done in the small mirror. They're pretty cheap in fleas markets and yard sales.

TGMarla
07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Gee, it's simple! I don't have a makeup table, or a vanity, or whatever you want to call it. The bathroom mirror does the trick, and just to prove it, my wife uses it every day.

That takes care of having to hide it quite nicely.

Samantha43
07-22-2008, 07:42 PM
I have a bathroom mirror and a shoe box full of makeup. It's worked so far, although I do need to upgrade the shoe box......

I do like the idea of a 10X mirror. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Susan.
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
There are some of us whose eyes aren't like they used to be. My wife has never been a girly girl and just wears basic makeup. AND she has contacts and I wear glasses. So she is happy with the bathroom mirror but I'm not, I hardly ever do makeup anymore because I'm afraid that I will mess it up or I won't get it all off. You ladies have provided a couple of handy tips.

SarahLynn
07-22-2008, 10:33 PM
If you live alone why not put the vanity in the master bed room closet. Install some lights and then just keep the door to the closet closed. Otherwise, put it in the master bed room and store all supplies there for any lady guests. Leave out on the top an assortment of makeup supplies, (new, unused) and then when anyone askes you can say, "well it seems that all ladies need to touch up their makeup at one time or another and these are there for those ladies who might visit but have forgotten to bring along a makeup kit. Of coarse the suggestion here is, you are having overnight guests.

Keep your things in one of the bottom drawers away from prying eyes.

CD Susan
07-22-2008, 11:34 PM
I keep ALL of my cd things in my upstairs bedroom. House guests and friends do not go there so no one sees these things except my special friends who are also cd's. I live alone so this arrangement works for me.

crusadergirl
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Like most i just use the bathroom mirror. I have a case for my make up under the sink. If ppl come over they don't use my bathroom so they will never know.