PDA

View Full Version : Hairless arms

Sasha Anne Meadows
07-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Yesterday I visited my new rhumatologist. When she was doing a skin examination she remarked that I had very little hair left on my arms (a possible sign of my disease). I told her no, I shave my arms. We both had a good laugh but she never asked me why.:)

DeeDeeB
07-23-2008, 08:44 AM
I had an ekg done a few years ago and my physician said she appreciated that she could put the electrodes on shaved skin. Made it easier for her. :D

Dee :fairy1:

Angie G
07-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Would you have told her why if she had asked.:hugs:
Angie

Sasha Anne Meadows
07-23-2008, 08:49 AM
I might have now that you mention it. She was very caring and might have gotten a kick out of it.

Denise01
07-23-2008, 11:57 AM
A few years back I was in the hospital, and had to have an angiogram.

The nurse came over to me, and said she needed to shave me where the doctor would be entering me.

She took one look, and said, Oh, good already shaved.

That was the end of the conversation, and i Loved it

Denise:):):)

Miss Thompson
07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Four years ago I had an arthroscopic surgery on my knee. Two hours before the operation a young nurse my age came in order to shave my leg (that time wasn't shaving yet). She intended to shave it only halfway, from knee down, and joked about my nice sporty legs and how well will they look....so I said her why not do my leg fully. She looked at med stunned thinking I was joking, but as I smiled, she gave me back na naughty smile and went on... she shaved my ful leg and gave me also a bit of leg massage. She even joked about shaving me the other leg too...but apparently she was in a hurry and had to leave.

Beeing concearned about the upcoming operation that ended my sport career, I didn't enjoy the event as I would today, but is neverthanless a nice memory. Actually the only one of that event.

Sorry for the offtopic, just wanted to share...and remember.

tracigirl_tv
07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
.....The nurse came over to me, and said she needed to shave me where the doctor would be entering me......

Oh my, can you even SAY that on this board? *giggle*

:tongueout

trannie T
07-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I have shaved my legs for several years and this year have been shaving my arms, nobody notices. Seems that the only ones to notice are those who are actually doing something with the limbs such as a medical practioner.

Amy Hepker
07-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I shave mine too.

CD Susan
07-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I am lucky because I have very little hair on my arms. What little hair that does grow there is very fine and is hardly noticeable. I would like to shave my legs but I have varicose veins and don't think I should. In addition to shaving my face I also shave my chest and armpits. I would not like to be a 'hairy bear'.

Tara LaBelle
07-23-2008, 10:51 PM
I have a lot of hair and run into people all the time who ask me if I shaved. I usually just tell them that hair traps bad smells and is icky. Always raises an eyebrow or two though.

LindaTS
07-24-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm one of those who keep my whole body shaved year around. When I started having heart problems about 13 years ago (open heart surgery) you can imagine how many doctors and nurses I've had to deal with these past few years. The only comment I ever got was from a young doctor intern in the ER one time and it was about my shaved chest. I just replied "That's the way I prefer it". End of conversation. Fortunately my doctor now knows and fully supports me, knowing that I'm a TG.

Kimberly Marie
07-24-2008, 09:36 AM
I have a bit of hair ....but I to shave my whole body year around. My doctor commented once...and I told him it makes me sweat to much. Never commented again about it.

heidi99
07-25-2008, 02:51 AM
I must admit, I'm pondering shaving the arms. I'm kind of a hairy beast, and I don't mind it during the summer except for the hair on the arms. When motorcycling for a long period of time, exposed hair on the arms whips the skin giving something like a sunburn.

Sorry if off topic, but sounds like most people wouldn't/don't notice. Nice to know.

cathie
07-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Used to have hairy arms and legs (stomach, chest, pubes and under arms too thank goodness not my back!) but began using the Epil on my arms in recent weeks (I've used it everywhere else for years). I have an excuse when people ask (which is rare) about no hair on arms or legs (or elsewhere), I'm an avid cyclist so they just assume that is why I'm hairless.