PDA

View Full Version : First TG Convention?

karentvca
07-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Girls,

I haven't posted in awhile but I visit often to see how everyone is doing...

This fall I want to attend my first TG convention. I have always wanted to spend a week en femme to see how it would affect me and my desires. Of course my first thought is to attend Fantasia Fair at the end of October.

Do you think Fantasia Fair would be the right choice for my first event?

Can anyone give me some ideas about which convention would be best for a virgin like me? And any other tips about what to expect and what to bring would be greatly appreciated. I'm so nervous and so excited!

Thanks so much!

Huggs and kisses to all!

Melanie R
07-23-2008, 04:08 PM
If you want to have a great time on your first time out in public enfemme, join us on one of our upcoming crossdressing cruises. We are doing a 9 day out of New Jersey to Quebec City October 9, a 4 day cruise out of Miami October 30 and a 7 day out of New Orleans Feb 1, 09. All the cruises are listed at the web site below. We have in past years had many first timers on our cruises. We are usually a small group of CD's with some wives among 2000+ other passengers.

julie w
07-23-2008, 10:41 PM
I have been to fantasia fair and enjoyed myself you can walk the streets
to the meetings and lunches , nice people , I have not been to southern
comfort or the be all but would like to

Katherine Bell
07-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Well dear if you attend theTG/CD weekend (oct. 17-19) at the dunes resort in MI you'll get an invitation my wedding to patti jean. It;s shorter length of time but loads of fun. Send me a PM if you want more info.

joann07
07-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi Karen,

I've been to SCC (www.sccatl.org) last year and most recently Be-All back in May.
I had a great time at both conferences. In fact, I have already made plans to attended SCC again this year.
They're a great time because you get to experience being in femme for a whole week. You can go out and everyone is so accepting.
Last year was my first time at SCC and I must say that every crossdresser, closet or out, should go to it at least once.
It's not too late to register. Just go to the link if you're interested.
If you have any specific questions, please feel free to send me a PM or email.

Hugs!

SusanLaine
07-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Last year I went to SCC in Atlanta and had a wonderful time. It was my first conference and I met a lot of wonderful people there. SCC takes over a large hotel and attracts a lot of people - at least several thousand. So the whole place is very accepting and open.

I just registered today for SCC and the hotel and both are still available although the hotel will sell out in probably a couple weeks or so. If you go, register for the hotel through the SCC site or at least use their discount code because they provide a significant room discount of about 40% or more. Check out the SCC_lounge forum on Yahoo if you want to look for a room-mate to share the cost. Also, SCC offers a "buddy" type connection service if you want help and support in going out in public.

I haven't been to any other conferences but I may try some of the others based on the good feedback I've heard here.

Sally24
07-24-2008, 05:26 AM
If you haven't spent much time continously dressed you might want to start small and try a few days, or a long weekend. After the first few days it can be quite a chore to get up and go thru the whole shaving, shaving, and makeup routine again. I love it! But it does take a hi level of energy to keep up your presentation day after day.
:2c:

DAVIDA
07-24-2008, 06:45 AM
Jean and I also were at SCC last year and had a blast! It was 4 days of very intense girl time. I'm sorry to say that we will not be able to attend this year.

deja true
07-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Karen, hallo!

For first timers, I cannot think of a better place than one of the conventions. I was at BeAll for my maiden outting and there was absolutely no threat, no hassles and an incredibly warm and welcomong feeling for the entire time.

Read here all about my impressions and adventures...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83370

Joann07 was also there and here's her thread about it.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83670

There are lots of other threads and posts about great experiences at conventions and weekends en femme. Do some searches...

The comfortable atmosphere, being surrounded by hundreds of sisters, and the educaional opportunties of the seminars would make a convention like this my absolute first choice for a new girl coming out...

You wll not regret it....

TerriM
07-24-2008, 04:32 PM
This October will be my 10th yr of going to Provincetown Mass when the Fantasia Fair is run. I don't register for the fair. My funds are limited and I can't get away the whole week. Also I have been going out a long time and really don't feel the need for the workshops, but thats me.
But for a person just coming out I think the Fantasia Fair is a great place. The town is beautiful, restaurants and bars are great. You can walk down the streets and have no problems, maybe a couple of stares from some tourists, but I love the place. You will meet people from all over. I love meeting people from other states and countries and compare notes. I drive up dressed and stay dressed the whole time there. Its my 4 days of sanity (?)

Yours Terri

karentvca
07-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Ladies, your answers and support are (as always) overwhelming! Thus is truly a special community and I cherish each and every one of you... Now I need to make my decision (and it may be based on how much weight I can lose before I step out again!)...

Huggs to all!

Laura Miller
07-28-2008, 09:22 PM
The Lake Erie Gala in Erie PA is oriented especially for first timers, no seminars, just organized group activities, both inside and outside the hotel. It's Nov 19-23. Check out the website... http://www.eriesisters.org//GALA1.html

DanaR
07-29-2008, 02:23 AM
My experience has been, where ever you decide to go, you will find friendship and love within the community. I've been to I.F.G.E. conventions, the Texas Tea Party and to Esprit. There are TG friendly vendors and classes that you'll find will help you, whatever your TG experience level is.