PDA

View Full Version : The worst critic is yourself

Autumndawn
07-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I have always been very conscious and critical as to how I look enfemmed. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to play a classical music piece while still handling beginner's lessons.
I have been amazed and very surprized with the amount of e-mail I have recieved from a popular people connection site! Close to 80 some gentleman have wrote very warm and touching introductory emails to me. All have been very complimentary regarding my looks. The picture I use on the site is the same as my avatar. How on earth do I respond to all these kind gentlemen?
I must tell all of you, that it was not my intent to obtain any let alone all the responses I have recieved. I have to keep telling myself that most of these men are writing others, just not me alone.
How many of those men might actually accept me being just transgendered and not the real deal?
At least I feel I can allay some of my self criticism regarding my looks!
:) Liz

tamarav
07-24-2008, 09:44 AM
You are so right! We are our own worst critic. We never seem to appease our own eyes, so how could people that write in be seeing something we don't?

In my opinion you are baiting yourself by putting your ad in those places. In the order of the world, men will respond to ads with no picture almost the same as with a gorgeous one. Realize that men play the odds, more hits will get more responses. No hits will get nothing so whats to lose?

You need to regain your own respect and not rely on people that are sending out boilerplate letters to every single person on that site. There is a mate for every one out there, it just takes a good filtering agent, and that isn't through a broad medium as an internet social book. You never really know who is writing those letters.

Please respect your self and acept the fact that you are a desirable creature that doesn't need to broadcast for someone. Meet people locally, generate friendships, take your time, don't get desperate for company. Women do that everyday and look how most of them turn out.

I hear women every day since I do their hair. "This guy smiled at me in the beer hall the other day, I think he wants to get married and have 5 kids" and they allow it to happen!! They jump at anybody that even acknowledges their existence. "He might be the only one that ever pays attention to me". What BS!!

There are lots of nice guys out there that don't even know what the internet offers, they work day in and day out and just want to talk to someone nice.

OK, maybe too many disgruntled ladies in my chair this week, but I feel for you. You are beautiful and you need to know that you are desirable by all. It is just up to you to be careful and very selective. I just hate to see my sisters get overwhelmed.

Your sis,

Tami

DeeDeeB
07-24-2008, 09:48 AM
We are our own worst critics. No matter how much we cover up our maleness, we can still see through the wrapping. Other people, especially those who don't know us, usually see the final product without preconceptions. I, for one, think you look marvelous. You should try to be less critical of yourself. It's not an easy task, but worth the effort. I feel I look best from about ten feet away without my glasses on, so I'm kinda fuzzy. :)

Dee :fairy1:

Bev06 GG
07-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Well girls let me tell you that is definitely a woman thing. We are never happy with the way we look and are continuously striving for perfection. Our body shape, our boobs, our makeup our hair and so the list goes on. I guess now I am a bit older I have become a lot more comfortable with the way I look and I am not too worried about how others see me. I dont like being compared to other women though especially if they are big and curvaceous because I definitely am not.
A touch of the green eyed monster me thinks
Take care
Bev

Autumndawn
07-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I appreciate all of your comments! I do so appreciate the insight Bev, women can and sometimes are somewhat wary of how they look compared to other women.
I think that you, Dee, bring up a very good point. Critical about the job we do of wrapping things, but the final product is usually accepted without any pre-conceptions. Certainly food for thought! Good assurance.
Tami, all of your words of advice and wisdom are well taken. Thank you for the kind comments! And.. if I may add, you dear look simply marvelous, you always do! If I was geographically closer to you, I'd be over to your shop for sure! You the Woman!!
Thank you ladies! I believe I'm going to make a quiet exit off that web site.
I have no intention of leading a person on, other than the desire to be able to dress and be accepted in public. Looks like now 92 guys at least consider me worth contacting! Wow!

:) Liz