PDA

View Full Version : It's never too early...

amandak_tv
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
That's right, ladies, I'm thinking about Halloween - but I have a good reason! My wife and I bought our plane tickets tonight. We have reservations at a resort in the Florida Keys (Islamorada) for 10 days around Halloween. We'll get there a few days before and stay for a full week after. She knows about my dressing and encourages me (She doesn't know about this forum though. She wouldn't approve. She thinks it's our little secret). Anyway, back to the topic. We've settled on MaryAnne and Ginger - I get to be Ginger! I have a long red wig that will do the trick, but I still need to find an evening gown and some strappy sandals. The plan is to spend as much time as I need getting ready, then we'll drive down to Key West for the evening (we're renting a convertible). This is our second Halloween in the Keys. The last time was several years ago and I was dressed like a beauty queen - sash, tiara, you get the idea. We didn't go to Key West that night, so I don't know this for sure, but I think this trip will be more fun - the vibe at the last place wasn't as "accepting" of me. My wife would never think of venturing out with me dressed anywhere that someone might recognize me (or her) so that was the last time I dressed in public. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the night more fun? Anyplace we should definitely go? Does anyone know of a friendly salon or someplace that would be open to giving me a makeover or even just to get a set of nails done? Anyone else already making their Halloween plans?

:daydreaming:

Angie G
07-25-2008, 12:48 AM
I've done Halloween as a girl 2 years now If I do it again the family is going to catch on That I like it a little to much.:hugs:
Angie

sissystephanie
07-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Sounds like a dream trip! Almost any nail salon will do your nails any way you want them. They just want your money! I get a manicure and pedicure every two weeks, pink fingers and red toes!

Any MAC salon will do your makeup, and so will most Merle Norman salons. A few days ago I had an Estee Lauder SA in a major department store tell me that she would do a transformation for me right there in the store if I wanted it. I may take her up on that offer!:heehee:

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!