PDA

View Full Version : School hols

Rachaelb64
07-25-2008, 04:28 PM
....are here and Rachael is temporary locked away, well apart from a few short hours grab as and when.......

I love my kids and I'm suppose I should be happy they want to spend the hols with me and I know I'm being a little selfish here, but I'd wish they'd back to school :) not really I'm just feeling frustrated :)

Well maybe not......oh for a normal simple life..

Nah, that would be just boring.........:)

Bev06 GG
07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi Rachael,
Tee hee, you make me laugh. Your not on your own. I love my kids to bits and love the summer hols because I actually get to have some chill out time with them. However, there is absolutley no chance for Jay to dress unless they go and stay at their dads which just doesn't happen very often. I know that by the end of the summer hols we will be desperate to have some dressing time.
Still you dont have your kids for that long before theyre flying the nest altogether so make the most of it because it'll soon go.
Take care
Bev

Sarah...
07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I know! It is frustrating. We're nearly 5 weeks in up here. So not long to go now for us. I say just go with the flow - they only grow up with you once - make the most of it.

Sarah...

CD Susan
07-25-2008, 05:12 PM
My son and his family visit me usually three weekends during the year. I visit them about as many times. That means that out of 365 days I give up dressing for 12 of them. That is not a bad tradeoff to be with the family that I love. Nuff said!

Jonianne
07-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Like Jimmy Stewart said in "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE" - Why do we have to have all these kids!

Angie G
07-26-2008, 12:35 AM
The greatest gift you can have is time with you kids. If they wish to spend time with you that make you one lucky someone hun. Enjoy what you have it's pure gold. Cherish and love the time you have with them even if you can't dress. :hugs:
Angie

TSchapes
07-26-2008, 07:32 AM
and your slang. I had to look up "hols". I understood that your kids were home, but hols for holidays, OK.

My suggestion is create a room for yourself with a lock on the door. Call it your workshop. lol Just make sure you do lock the door when dressed!

I know being with the kids will be fun, but they may not want to interact with you all the time, so that's your opening!

Hope you work something out! Hang in there, it won't be forever!

Love, Tracy

Deidra Cowen
07-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Sorry you are going thru that sweetie...I have to confess my kids have been with me all summer too! My daughter 18 knows I dress and is kewl...but my 16 year old son does not....plus they have friends over all the time so I can't dress like I used to 4 to 5 times a week.

But! They tend to go out and spend the night with friends at least one weekend night...I am encouraging that! So for example tonight I get to dress up and go clubbin! When you can't dress all the time it sure makes it special when you can....on the other hand I find myself thinking about CDing all the time now and have been dreaming about dressing almost every night!

I want to dress more...but then I find myself feeling guilty about it...I am lucky that my kids want to stay with me...its totally optional on their part and I should be thankful they want to be around. (plus I cook and keep lots of fun food around...along with the latest game systems and a HDTV!!! I am no dummy, know how to draw them in! :heehee: )

Angela-Russell
07-26-2008, 09:07 AM
I find school hols is a time when I get a chance to dress, as they will be going away for a week soon. Love them all to bits, but I'm looking forward to having a few girly days alone. Another advantage to the school hols, the bigger stores have lots of school uniforms on sale. Mmm, might be a new school skirt going in my wardrobe!

Rachaelb64
07-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Dont get me wromg I love my kids, I'm just feeling a bit frustrated :)

If someone had to make me choose between my kids and crossdressing there would be no contast, it would be my kids everytime ;)

Carroll
07-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I can relate. Thought both my kids (6y and 9y)know I dress, I try to do it when they are not around. The only times has been at night. Last year they went to summer camp and it was great. This year there were no openings, until this week, so they start going Monday. The other issue is that my wife started watching another 7 year old boy. He goes to summer school from 830-1130, so I have dressed a few times while he was gone and my kids were around. This week, I am not sure if he will be coming because his father had a case of dumba$$ and smoked some wakyweed while at work. He is now unemployed.

Amy Hepker
07-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Aw, Just go put on a dress and stand in the corner until you can figure out what you want.