PDA

View Full Version : I guess the picnic's over

TGMarla
07-25-2008, 06:43 PM
It has been a deliriously wonderful run, as far as the crossdressing goes. My wife has for a long time held a work schedule that has her getting off at ten at night three days a week. But her company has just approved a closing time of 8 O'Clock. She will now be coming home two hours earlier than she has been.

Please don't get me wrong here. I'm very happy to have her home. We'll be able to spend more quality time together. It's just that crossdressing is very unlikely to have any part in that. I've been able to dress freely and often for a very long time. I'll now be relegated to once or twice a week. And that part of it is a shame. If I do decide to dress up after work some evenings, I'll have to put it all away early, which makes it less worth doing in the first place.

If I could only get her to share in this with me! But that's not likely, either. I just wanted to get it out, that's all. I'm sure no one needs to hear another crossdresser whine about how little time she gets to spend en femme. But I'll miss the abundance of time I've been so blessed to have. Instead, my wife and I will be able to spend more time together. Good trade? Well, it's not a bad trade....

:straightface:

Pattie O
07-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Does your wife know you crossdress and if not how do you cope with continuing to hide the fact.I am also having dilemma as she has asked(told) me she does not want it to be part of her or the kids life and I am trying to stop but I have not been able to and unfortunately purge my clothes and then go out and buy more.

I dont enjoy being this way but the desire is so great that I think Im risking my relationship with my family and friends.Can anyone help?

Pattie O

SherriePall
07-25-2008, 07:10 PM
I was trying to think of something similar to having to curtail your dressing. But, alas, I couldn't. Nothing compares.

rachellenicole
07-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Hello Marla!!
Hummm... A Positive and a big Negative, not much you can do. I will be here to support ya!! Make the best of your time sweetie.

Would your wife bennefit from talking to another woman that is accepting to her husbands CDing? I suppose that she wouldn't consider posting on this site?

Just a thought

Rach

Jennifer Giovannetta
07-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Marla. You will have times that will allow you to dress. There will be days when you are off from work, or you may come home from work early. Also, although you will not be able to dress as long as you usually do, you will be able to dress for a little while. I would think that this is better than not at all.

steftoday
07-25-2008, 08:00 PM
good for you and your wife... :)
not so good for we girls that love your dresses and pics... :sad:
but we'll still be here when you post pictures, even if they're less frequent...

Jonianne
07-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi Marla,

no one needs to hear another crossdresser whine

Marla, I don't believe you are for a second. Sounds like to me, you're putting a stiff upper lip to a situation where you will be missing a large portion of your special time, which is very sad indeed. I admire you, though, for giving your wife the priority in your life. I know you will be blessed for it. Thank you for sharing. There are times when we are all there.

Hugs,

Joni

AmandaM
07-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I feel for ya. I haven't been able to openly dress at home since the kids were born. I used to sleep in women's wear every night. In the last 12 years, I've done it like twice. Hang in there!

Angie G
07-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Before my wife knew I dressed I had little time to dress. Only when I was on nights could I dress for a few hours. I'm lucky the she now knows and is OK with it as she's no longer working. So I know how you feel hun. :hugs:
Angie

darla_g
07-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Marla,
I understand exactly where you are coming from. I can relate to exactly what you are saying,

bobbie_1048
07-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Marla,
I understand exactly where you are coming from. I can relate to exactly what you are saying,

Hiya Marla :) my heart goes out to you. the problem here is not the wife, but the son. he recently spent the week down the beach with some friends. I was in 7th heaven, got all prettied up as soon as i got home from work every day. The wife is fairly supportive, but she does accept my dressing and we go out shopping on most weekends. I have to dress down when we go out as that I don't want to piss her off by outdressing her. I hope everythingworks out for you. :hugs: bobbie

CD Susan
07-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Marla, I am so sad to hear of your current situation. I have gone through this myself so know how it feels. If you can't tell your wife that you cd then you have to work around this the best you can. Obviously you have done this in the past so just altering a time schedual should be easy to cope with. Best of luck to you hun.

TSchapes
07-26-2008, 07:22 AM
I've been dressing in my office downstairs. It makes it hard to go to the bathroom (there's none down there). I put a lock on the door so that no one would come in. It was that lock that I forgot to lock when my 14 year old son walked in on me.

Anyway, my point is, maybe you can declare some area that's yours if she's not into it. I know you want to be with your wife, but trust me, there are times my wife doesn't care to talk to me (usually when she's reading a good book and can't stand it when I interrupt her concentration).

I know it looks bad, but maybe you can negotiate something.

Love, Tracy