PDA

View Full Version : lack of education

Bev06 GG
07-26-2008, 03:34 AM
Hi guys,
I am suffering from a lack of education in matters FTM and would appreciate your help. In the MTF section there appears to be several types of Cd. Those who do it as and when they feel like it but are quite happy to revert back to male mode, and those who feel they are in the wrong body and want to transition and live as 24/7 females.

Is this the same for FTM because having read some of your threads the impression I get is that most of you want to be a guy and are not satisfied just to occassionally dress up as one.

I'm sorry for showing my ignorance and hope I have not offended anyone by asking, but I am genuinly interested and relying on you guys to educate me in these matters.
Take care
Bev

CaptLex
07-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Hey, Bev, good question. Glad you want to learn about this stuff :thumbsup: - why would we be offended?

It seems we run the gamut from those who identify as female and occasionally want to play at being male or express a male side to those who are somewhere in the middle and dress according to how they feel on any given day, to those who identify as male and only wear male clothing. It's a spectrum and we each fall somewhere in there, so there's no typical response, really. But I think most that identify as female and like to wear boys' clothes occasionally would not typically seek out a support forum like this because they probably don't get as much grief as those who identify as male in a female body or those who identify as both (or neither) and have to live in a binary world. Make sense?

As for myself, I identify as mostly male but not 100% (I'd say about 90-95%). But sometimes I don't feel like anything really, just me (whatever that is). I don't wear typical female clothing (skirts, heels, bras), but I sometimes get gender-neutral stuff from the women's department if that's what fits me (like shoes). I can also wear some colorful stuff from the men's department that has made some guys I work with look twice 'cause they're not sure if it's made for men or women. But I'd say most of my stuff probably looks gender-neutral (except for like ties and boxers) and I'm cool with that.

I don't wear makeup, perfume or nail polish, but I like jewelry though I've toned it down to just a watch, my little hoop earring (just one) and an occasional ring - haven't worn my chain or bracelet in a long while.

I hope that helps answer your question. :)

Bev06 GG
07-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Certainly does CaptLex,
Thanks for being so helpful that was very well explained and makes perfect sense. I expect the more I hang around here the more informed I will become. Interesting what you say about those who just want to occassionally dress as a guy though because I would say there is a very high percentage of gals who do that and never think twice about it. If you were to see my partner and I turn up at our support group you would most probably think we'de reversed roles because he definitely likes the girly femm stuff and I most definitely do not. Well that is unless Im going clubbing.
Thanks for your help
Take care
Bev

metalguy639
07-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Bev I live 24/7 as male and identify totally as male all the time. I do believe that we do have some guys in here that will sometimes identify as male and sometimes not as well. So it really just depends on the person and what their make-up is.

Kieron Andrew
07-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi Bev,

As you've met me, i suspect you know my response..lol

I dress full time male..identify 100% as male and feel i have no female side whatsoever, except the body im cursed with...i fully intend to transition to be recognised as male by society, like the good Captain says we are not that much different from the MtFs in regards to the gender spectrum..but i do think that in my experience there are more on this side of the fence that identify as Bi-gendered rather than Crossdressers and feel that they are both male and female..although i have to say most of the boys i have met identify as Transsexual

ooh i forgot to add, you are most welcome to ask questions over here as much as you like Bev :D

Alan
07-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Echoing others -- you are ALWAYS welcome to ask questions. I think it's so sweet and kind that you want to know about this to support your child, so I, for one, will always be willing to answer any questions I can.

To answer this one: I'm 100% male. 100% American male right here (technically, I'm not exactly American). I don't wear femme clothing unless forced to, and I never, ever think of myself as a female.

I don't know if my ACTIVITIES count as male/female, but I knit and do needlepoint. /shrug. I guess they are CLASSICALLY female activities, but I do it because I find it an excellent form of stress relief -- and I don't consider myself female even while doing a more femme activity.

But I think most that identify as female and like to wear boys' clothes occasionally would not typically seek out a support forum like this because they probably don't get as much grief as those who identify as male in a female body or those who identify as both (or neither) and have to live in a binary world. Make sense?

That I agree with totally. Said so perfectly.

Wolfie
07-28-2008, 03:21 AM
43 years living as a female - always knowing I was male. Mind you dressed mainly masculine. Did try pink for a while - not one of my proudest times! Now living pretty much full time male (although husband would prefer a little more female!) Daytime I dress and pass alot as male. Have changed name, got appointment at Gender Clinic and intend to go as far as I feel I can (and if possible keep SO - so maybe some compromises to be made)
My husband or should I say SO and I got some strange looks the other day when he kissed me at a IT conference...The other guys faces all read 'oooh two gay men...' Had to laugh not sure my SO did though as he finds that really hard to handle. :heehee:
Have no girly hobbies - tried to when I was failing at being feminine but I'm just to clumsy! So can't sew (throw it away if a button falls off!), last knitted at the age of 8 - but I can build a PC and talk about electronic gadgets for just about forever!

metalguy639
07-28-2008, 05:11 AM
I don't know if my ACTIVITIES count as male/female, but I knit and do needlepoint. /shrug. I guess they are CLASSICALLY female activities, but I do it because I find it an excellent form of stress relief -- and I don't consider myself female even while doing a more femme activity.

Nope! Rosie Greer knitted & did needlepoint! So I'm sure its not just a female thing since he was a huge NFL football player back in the 70's & 80's. It was a big deal that he did these things & that if I remember properly he took ballet lessons as well to get more agile to play football better. There are many things that men sometimes will not say they did or enjoy when they think it might belittle their manhood. :( But it takes a real man to stand up and say "Hey, I do not do the macho things I knit!"