PDA

View Full Version : The journey of acceptance continues

Alice B
07-26-2008, 01:17 PM
As time goes bye and with the assistance of this forum I'm becoming more and more comfortable with expressing my female side and am discovering that my wife is also becoming more comfortable in her acceptance. The other day I simple told her I was going to dress that night and did so with no protests from her. I dressed completely and we spent the evening together in the same room, working on images from our recent trip and sharing them. That night I wore by bra and forms to bed under my nightie, again no protest or comments. I then kept my make-up on most of the next day with the only comment being that I be sure to take it off before going anywhere.

My toe nails are painted red and most of the day I am not wearing shoes and my wife now totally accepts this. All of these changes have taken place within the past 6 months and it is making me very happy. I just wonder how far I am going to be able to go with this and why the recent increased acceptance. I can only conclude that because our marriage is very strong that she has decided to embrace my female side. Have any of you had your relationship follow this pattern, and if so where did it lead?:)

Angie G
07-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Alice I glad to here your getting more acceptance from yur wife that's great hun. Just don't push it to fast.:hugs:
Angie

Holly
07-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Alice, please remember that your wife is on a journey as well. Oftentimes, you will find yourselves walking along the same path at the same place. There will be time, however where one or the other of you will want to stop and rest awhile or run ahead to see what comes next. I've been ready to walk out the front door and wave to the neighbors for years. My wife is just now starting to talk about it. If you are ahead of her, wait for her to catch up with you. Just make sure to keep the communication lines open... and remember, communication involves using BOTH talking and listening skills.

Bev06 GG
07-26-2008, 02:02 PM
The advice on this site is really excellent. I can't really add any more to the wisdom that Holly and Angie have already shared with you Alice. Just remember though people do have their off days too, however I am sure you know your wife well enough to know when the signs are more negative and act accordingly.
Bev

bridget thronton
07-26-2008, 02:03 PM
I find that things work best when I warn my wife I plan to "ramp up" some dimension of dressing and give her a few days to digest my comments before I actually do it (she is usually OK with my changes)

Cheryl Anne
07-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Glad to hear that your wife is accepting you more.

My wife knew about my CDing before we were married, but at the time I was a truck driver that was gone for four weeks and home only 4 days for the first 2 1/2 years. I have come off the road last Sep. and my dressing has been increasing. It was strange to me how accepting she was and I guess I was more scared that she would disapprove somewhere along the line. We do have a boundary that we agree on, but it has nothing directly to do with CDing.

I always ask before doing something new out of respect. And our relationship is a strong one too. So I suggest you take it at her pace, and ask if you're not sure. Sometimes it's more like I have more concerns than my SO, and it might be the same for you to.

Cheryl

Sandra
07-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Glad to hear that your wife is getting more accepting, as others have already said we all have our *off* days when we just don't want to know, so if she does not seem so keen at times this may be the reason, but be sure to ask her if everything is ok and keep the lines of communication open.

Jilmac
07-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Alice, I'm still in the dating stage with my SO but I can see a gradual acceptance. I don't know if she will ever be ready to interact with me completely en femme but in the short time I've known her (10 months), she has come a long way in her acceptance, even to the point of joining the forum to learn more about me, and our lifestyle.

She sees me in panties almost daily and I have my toenails painted as well. She has seen many of my dresses and skirts and tops, and has given me advise on what to wear for certain outings. I know how difficult it is for our wives girlfriends and lovers to accept our feminine side and I give them all a lot of credit for their unconditional support. I for one will never push my SO to total acceptance, that would be entirely her choice. However if total acceptance ever came to be, I would be forever grateful to her. Luv and :hugs: Jill

Emily Anderson
07-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Alice, don't push it too far too fast. Your wife has obviously got to a point where she feels more comfortable with the idea of your crossdressing, but that's not to say that she is willing to put up with anything and everything!

For starters, she may be thinking that if she concedes to your indulgence once in a while, that may lead you to STOP for a while! Have you thought about that possibility?

But, rather than speculate on the reasoning, please ask her why she has changed her attitude (I wouldn't use that word)... and start a dialog.

kayfan
07-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Must be all of our dreams come true Alice.....and guess you can't wait to get up
in the morning these days:)
Just wondered if your wife has a sister about my age???
:hugs: Kay

Alice B
07-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all the sage advice. I am aware that there may be times where is tunes out on my dressing and I know her well enough to read this. I'm sure that the increased acceptance is not in hopes that I'll stop and simply fee that she may in fact be more comfortable with it. I do not want to turn into a full time dresser, just feel free to do it on occasion. I have no doubt that she will never get to a point of wanting to go out with me dressed, but will accept my going out when she is out of town and being dressed on Halloween and maybe then going out.

Today I went to COSTCO to get things for a family dinner tonight and bought a cute shirt and blouse. She clearly saw them and made no comment and had no change in attitude. In fact she has been much more loving lately and assuring in her love. I'll just take it slow, but will try to dress at least one night a week. I think part of this is because she is getting ready to retire and is home more and more. She allowed me to dress when she was at work and maybe she is just adapting to give me the same freedom with her home.

As a side note. COSTCO is starting to sell some really cute blouses, dresses and skirts and in sizes to fit all. I saw so many great things there today that I might go back for some more.