PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when you look good enough to go out?

CDjww
07-02-2004, 07:45 PM
I always look myself at the mirror, and I think, no, I'm still not ready. I always think that my atire is not correct, that my makeup is por, etc.

I have only one person who knows that I am a CD, but I feel that this person also tends to be to critic, since he knows that I am a CD.

Do you have any hint?

CDjww

Bernadina
07-02-2004, 07:53 PM
I think we tend to be our own worst critic. If you are talking about going out at night like to a club, you can probably get by with a lot less than trying to go out during the day. Are you hoping to pass or just look good as a CD?

Chandra Marie
07-02-2004, 09:29 PM
It's time when your ready. If it was about looking the part then I would never venture out. Do what feels right to you.

Jenny Beth
07-03-2004, 07:45 AM
As Bernadina said, we are our own worst critics. When you know your outfit is acceptable and you have done your best with makeup, stop looking in the mirror. Instead look at the four walls that have been your prison, eventually you will just say to yourself enough is enough. There is a point where you will say to yourself I can't take this anymore and you will reach for the door.

Jenny B

windycissy
07-06-2004, 09:45 AM
You've got to be your own worst critic! But don't make it too hard on yourself. The question is not whether you are pretty...the question is whether the person staring back at you in that mirror is a girl! Remember that women come in all shapes and sizes, and a lot of them are more clueless about style than your average crossdresser.

Here are a few obvious items from my checklist:

Have you inspected yourself from behind using a hand held mirror?

If you're wearing a wig, does it cover your natural hairline, sideburns, etc?

Is your five o'clock shadow showing?

Does your skirt or dress cling to your stockings?

Are your nails presentable?

Do it "feel" right? Even though passing is second nature to me now, there are still times when I decide to stay home after getting dressed up if I just don't seem to have it all together. More likely, I'll change my outfit or redo my hair until I'm satisfied. Bottom line: if I can't convince myself that I look like a woman, I'm going to have a hard time convincing anybody else.

Of course, I'm always nervous until that first encounter. Once a passerby glances in my direction and doesn't stop and stare, my confidence soars, and when I get my first "Ma'am" or "her" I'm on cloud nine! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Dallas
07-07-2004, 08:45 AM
You can tell you are ready to go out dressed when you twist the door knob and step through. You will never be satisified with the image in the mirror, hell just think about the gg's that keep primping on the way to wherever they are going. One day you're just gonna get tired of walking around the house and leave. I hope it's sooner rather than later, its fun out there girl; try it!