PDA

View Full Version : Xmas In July

Melanie R
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Xmas has come for Melanie in July. My wife's sister is terminally ill and wanted my wife to pick and choose any of her clothing, jewelry, purses, shoes, etc. This woman only bought her feminine attire from Neiman Marcus. Last Saturday when my wife returned home from her sister's home in her neices truck filled with boxes she was anxious to show me (Melanie) the items she had picked out for me. The items included purses, jewelry, shoes (we wear same size), and many dresses, skirts, gowns and caftains. There were at least 8 dresses that are too small for me. Anyone who is around a size 8-10 and in the Houston area can come claim one or more of these dresses. I would guess that no dress was less than $300 when purchased. Since we have two teenage girls who are exchange students from China in our home for two more weeks, I am not able to do show and tell in these goodies until they leave. Yes, Melanie is sacrificing for her country and staying in the closet while they are in our home. I believe I have died and gone to heaven! I would like to share my good fortune with my other CD sisters.

Lidia_tv
07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
While the circumstances are sad, I do envy you for the shoes most of all.

Angie G
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Lucky girl. :hugs:
Angie

Nicole Erin
07-30-2008, 09:34 AM
But what about your poor sister in law? YOu know inlaws are the greatest... :brolleyes:
I wish MY sister in law would get ready to pass and leave me a bunch of nice stuff. :heehee:

Oh and Xmas in July -

I want to tell all of my CD sisters and our GG friends to have a beautiful and prosperous Xmas. IN these days when you are feasting and opening presents and listening to christmas songs, try to remember those less fortunate, and those who are fighting for our freedom on foreign soil.

Even though today my car almost slid off the road on some black ice, in this month of July, I still feel fortunate to be enjoying this beautiful snow in July in Indiana.

Now is there a Thanksgiving in June?