PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a guy...

Natalia
07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
So many of the 'New Member' posts describe "I've felt like a woman all my life..." of "I always knew..."

I have always felt like a guy....

From Football and Wrestling, thru every date with a hot (or at least I thought they were...:doh:) girl, marriage, etc...

I've never wanted to be a woman...

I just like wearing dresses and playing "Barbie Dress Up"

Anyone else feel the same way?:sad:

Nicole Erin
07-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Probably several.

I never did quite understand what draws the real manly men to CDing.

We all like some man stuff but the femme feelings are usually quite strong.

SexyLexi_cd
07-29-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm the same way Natalia. I have no inner woman trying to get out. I'm a man, still like women and occassional men are ok. But don't missunderstand, when I'm dressed (I just love the dressing part) I feel very sexy, sensual and fem. I try very hard to be a woman in every respect. I'm not sure about guys that call themselves cd's that only put on a pair of panties, or stockings or a wig. When I started dressing I felt that it would have to be everything or nothing.

I totally respect and understand the gurls here that struggle with being men and really should be women. It has to be very hard to live like that, especially if they're in the closet. I met a gurl on Flickr who was the most beautiful cd I'd ever seen. There was no way she was a man except for one distinguishing item:o She told me she had no choice but to live as a cd. Sad!

Curious tho, more and more I am caught up in putting on the clothes and looking for fun!!

Lexi:battingeyelashes:

Vivian Best
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Part of the time I feel like a man and part of the time I don't. Part of the time I feel like a woman and part of the time I don't. Sometimes I feel like both and sometimes neither. Kinda hard to figure out.

Karren H
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
I feel like me..... not matter what I'm wearing.... Kind of caught between two genders... not really fully fitting into either 100%....

Maria2222
07-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi Natalia,
Nothing wrong with being a man who occasionally dresses as a woman, or even does it often. That's what a CD does and it doesn't have to dominate your life. (Let's not get into why we're CD's) .
I've worked in heavy construction for 28 years and still enjoy trying to present as a woman when I want to.
I should warn you that the urge seems to get stronger when you get in your fifties.
As for your original question, I think you're perfectly normal.
Maria :)

Bobbie cd
07-29-2008, 06:34 PM
I feel like me..... not matter what I'm wearing.... Kind of caught between two genders... not really fully fitting into either 100%....
:iagree:
Absolutely!!

TGMarla
07-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm kind of in-between. Whereas I think I'd have been perfectly happy if I had been born female, I still like a lot of guy stuff. And you know all those here who spout about going 24/7? I couldn't do it. I like getting all dolled up, enjoying it for a while, and then I put it all away again. It's like I'm tired of it. That doesn't keep me from wanting to do it all again in a day or two, but I need breaks from it between CDing sessions.

Also, there are a lot of things real girls seem to like that I just can't stomach. For instance:

I hate the Lifetime Channel.
I don't much go in for Oprah, Dr. Phil, or any of that ilk.
I hate to keep it to television examples, but I can't stand The Bachelor.
I like baseball, football, hockey, and golf.

So while there's a lot of woman in me, there's also a lot of guy in me. So be it.

Jonianne
07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
This is a hard one to define.

The quick answer is, I have never felt like a woman inside.

As a child growing up I never had anguish wishing I was a girl. I started crossdressing at 7 because I liked wearing girls cloths and the connection it gave me. It wasn't until I was well into adulthood that I even thought about wishing I was female. There are times I really wish I were female, but most of the time I'm just happy to be me, even as a male.

I was never into sports that much and definatly never into macho stuff. I've always boardered on being somewhat feminine. So that is just what I am - a male who enjoys being a little feminine, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I wrote this in another post:

"I gravitate toward the femme because that is the way my spirit needs to express itself sometimes. For me it is not necessarly because I am female inside, but because I need to express myself in a way that presenting my self as a male just doesn't work. Females have the conduit of femininity to express their emotional being. Being male makes that a bit more difficult, thats why, for me, crossdressing is such a strong part of my life. It helps me express the side of me that I would ordinarly would have to suppress to some degree."

Joni

girl_in_pantyhose
07-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Who wouldn't want some one to hold the door for them, complementing them on how they look, or just someone being civil towards you. These are some of the things that females expect to get once in a while no matter how bad they look. I think that woman are just treated better all around in that sense and I would like to share in some of that respect too. God knows i paid it back 100 fold to the ladies.

the only time the door has ever been held for me was when my arms were full delivering groceries to my family.

Nicki B
07-29-2008, 07:04 PM

:yt:

I think you might find quite a few genetic women who are the same? ;)

Phoebe Reece
07-29-2008, 07:15 PM
For me, crossdressing and going out in public presenting as a woman is very much like being an actor on a very big stage. I have loads of fun acting out the part of a woman. Would I want to become that character that I am portraying and live out that part 100% of the time..... no way! I enjoy being a guy. But, a few times a month getting to explore what it is like on the other side is part of what I am. I do not reject my masculinity, I am simply embracing my femininity. I hope that makes sense.

Violetgray
07-29-2008, 07:18 PM
So many of the 'New Member' posts describe "I've felt like a woman all my life..." of "I always knew..."

From Football and Wrestling, thru every date with a hot (or at least I thought they were...:doh:) girl, marriage, etc...

So wait, you're one of those 'men trapped in men's bodies?' what kinda weirdos do they let in here these days! I'll bet you go to work wearing boxers under your clothes or something!

RobertaFermina
07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I feel like a Man. I adequately fulfill all the roles and requirements of manhood. I like it, most of the time.

Sometimes when the going gets tough, I just want to give Mr. "Y" a rest and double up on Ms. "X".

When I dress, however, I do not feel manly, and gladly so.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

deja true
07-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Can I still be confused after all these years?

Can I want one thing one day and another thing another day?

Can I want neither? Can I want both?

Can I just be me?

(It's a glorious confusion, though!)

justmetoo
07-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I'm in there somewhere, too. I've never felt like a woman (whatever that means). I'm just a guy who likes pretty stuff sometimes. I like some guy things and some girl things, sometimes more of one or the other, sometimes mix and match. I think that's just fine. I saw a sign today that said "Be yourself, everyone else is taken".
Whoever decided some things are for guys and some things are for girls, anyway?
:D

crusadergirl
07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
I can't say i feel the same way. One thing i like wrestling and football but so do most girls. I don't feel like a man when i'm dressed as a woman b/c i never though of myself as a man.
I'm just me.
Seems kinda strange you feel like a man when you like to wear dresses. Thats new to me but its all good, we all seem to be more different the more i read this stuff.

gagirl1
07-29-2008, 11:02 PM

i'm right there with you. i love working on cars, camping; anything outdoors. for me, dressing is just a part of who i am, not the whole pie. i can't wait for football season to start. although, people do wonder about the paradox of screaming and cussing at football players with shaved legs.

alyssalove56
07-29-2008, 11:06 PM
I am in my early 50's. If I knew what I know now at 16 and society was where it is in 2008 I would have to really look at where i was headed. Not an issue at this point but I must say that there is a broad range of people on this site. And the most beautiful thing is that we are quite different but quite consistent in our support of each other! I am quite convinced that I am a girl and crossdressing is the only thing that has enabled me to maintain my sanity.

cdsteph
07-30-2008, 12:35 AM
I also am in my early 50's, drink beer, throw darts, yell at my sports channel, work on cars and go fishing as much as possible.

I have never considered myself a woman trapped in a male body, but there's something relaxing, fulfilling, 'Complete', about slipping into stockings and heels.

Humans have a complex mix of 'male' and 'female' personae in whatever gender body we inhabit and it seems to me that in dressing the part of the opposite gender than that which we 'inhabit', we allow ourselves to be more aware of the 'whole' person that we are.:hugs:

Sallee
07-30-2008, 01:43 AM
I can relate to that I enjoy being a girl but not all the time I like being a guy too.

NatashaCD
07-30-2008, 02:23 AM
I like doing manly things working on my car, doing labor work but female things are much stronger Shopping being the main culprit :)

Fab Karen
07-30-2008, 02:45 AM
I feel like me..... no matter what I'm wearing.... Kind of caught between two genders... not really fully fitting into either 100%....

I relate to that a bit.

dominique
07-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Yes. I have never wanted to be woman, but love wearing their clothes maybe its the rush that it gives you to be somebody else. Like a break from your maleness. To see the world from a different and gorgeous perspective.

GINA-CD
07-30-2008, 03:34 AM
I feel like a guy when I'm flirting with girls, when I'm sharing with male friends about sports or music or action movies. I feel like a girl when I get dressed and enjoy doing and acting as a girl. I even think (fantasize) about men when I'm dressed enfemme! When I'm not, I just feel like a guy.

Phoebie Phoenix
07-30-2008, 04:26 AM
Hi Natalia

I feel exactly like this too. I love the way dressing makes me feel, but I wouldn't give up my guy side in a million years - I have way too much fun :)

That said, I know I would never be able to give up the dressing side either ... have way too much fun there too !!!

xxx

Rachaelb64
07-30-2008, 05:29 AM

That why I say Me, Myself & Rachael :)

KimberlyS
07-30-2008, 11:25 AM
I just feel like a guy also no matter how frilly feminine I am dressed. I am just a guy with a mix of masculine and feminine likes, feelings, personalities, traits, and physical characteristics.

shannonsilk
07-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Here in Wisconsin liking football means nothing about sex or gender. I think they pump something into every baby that makes them like the Packers. LOL.
Many females here like NASCAR, too.
Like several others I guess I was never a real guy, nor was I with thegirls. Just stuck somewhere in between. I understand better now what that was all about.

Brenda's Friend
07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm a guy, I love being a guy, I am most comfortable in my guy clothes. BUT, I have the urge. I don't understand it. I am constantly thinking of dressing. I do wish I could do it more. When I have had those rare moments where I can dress a lot, I get tired of it (even though I still have more time that I can dress) and put away the shoes and lipstick, and have no desire to put them on again. Still, the urge comes back.

BF