PDA

View Full Version : insensitive radio dj's

SAMANTHA_IN_MT
07-29-2008, 07:44 PM
This morning I was listening to a local radio station that plays country music and is usually neutral on issues, but today was different. Apparently this last weekend there was a local crossdresser that went out in a red dress, heels, no makeup and a full beard. While my personal opinion is that if your gonna dress in public, don't make a spectical of yourself. ie don't present yourself female and still have a beard. Anyhow these selfritous jerks totally went off on crossdressers as a whole and there narrow minded callers were not much better. It just cemented in my mind that I really do live in hickville and it will take an act of God to change them. so lets hear about other areas how are the dj's there.:Angry3::Angry3::Angry3:

TommiTN
07-29-2008, 07:54 PM
issue as I mostly listen to talk, but I agree with you that that both parties were in the wrong. For the life of me I can't understand why a CDer would present with a beard and/or other obvious masculine cues showing that could be hidden or at least minimzed. Whoever he/she was he/she needs to be drummed out of the sisterhood as such displays do nothing to enhance the prestige of the rest of us. DJs will pick on anybody if they think there's a ratings boost in it for them.

lisalove
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
So you're both saying don't be who you are, be who we want you to be. Hmm sounds pretty self rightious to me. I really think that goes against what this sisterhood about. So if you both don't mind, please step aside and let the rest of us be who we are. Ourselves.

MJ
07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
just remember we have members here with " full beard." so be careful what you say ..

Princess Chantal
07-29-2008, 08:14 PM
So you're both saying don't be who you are, be who we want you to be. Hmm sounds pretty self rightious to me. I really think that goes against what this sisterhood about. So if you both don't mind, please step aside and let the rest of us be who we are. Ourselves.

Amen!!!

kym
07-29-2008, 08:22 PM
ok, now if i want to go out in a dress and a full beard i'm going to do it just because its me at the time, if i want to present as a female with no beard, i'm going to do it just because its me at the time.I'm a firm believer in be who you are, not who society thinks yous should be. now as for the DJ's they were in the wrong to go off on crossdressers as every one is different and no one has the right to say what is right for anyone else. I'm just saying.

TommiTN
07-29-2008, 08:24 PM
To each their own, but I still maintain that it doesn't help the image of CDing in general. JMO to which I'm fully entitled just as you are to yours.

Holly
07-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Insensitive DJ's? Who in the heck are you to criticize the way someone chooses to present themselves! Shame on you TommiTN... drummed out of the sisterhood? Who made you captain of the fashion police? This stops now or this thread will be locked.

Holly
Super Moderator

TommiTN
07-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Insensitive DJ's? Who in the heck are you to criticize the way someone chooses to present themselves! Shame on you TommiTN... drummed out of the sisterhood? Who made you captain of the fashion police? This stops now or this thread will be locked.

Holly
Super Moderator

Yes, Ma'am.

SAMANTHA_IN_MT
07-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I wish not to offend, but allow me to sound off, while I am in total dissaggrement with what the dj's said. I do feel that while a peroson is entitled to his own feelings, opnions, and the right to wear what ever when ever to a point, I do feel that if you are dressed and maintain a full beard and walk down a public street in hickville you are gonna get harassed and possibly more. This becomes a safety issue, as well as a social issue. My heart goes out to the crossdresser that was the topic of discussion and i wish people could have just left him alone, but in part bringing the spotlight on himself was his own doing and I would hope that in the future he would be more carefull about his location and presentation for his own safety from the redneck jerks that live here.

TommiTN
07-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Here! Here!

rachellenicole
07-29-2008, 09:02 PM
To each their own, but I still maintain that it doesn't help the image of CDing in general. JMO to which I'm fully entitled just as you are to yours.

Just what is the "image" that we are all to portray?

I prefer to dress as feminine as possible, however, I will not judge anyone any differently just because they have a beard and wear a dress.

JMO
Rach

Princess Chantal
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM

His way of crossdressing may not help YOUR image of crossdressing, however it is a welcomed part of MY image of crossdressing. The :bighug: of all types of crossdressing by society and the crossdressing community would be a benefit

Holly
07-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Thread done. Y'all just don't get it!:sad: