PDA

View Full Version : Finally been to counselling

Roberta-Jane
05-19-2005, 05:13 PM
:D At long last I have met with the counsellor I was referred to by my GP. I have been waiting for weeks for this day.

Last night I had the first panic attack of my life and thought that I could not breathe. Now I think that that was a subconscious reaction to the turmoil in my mind.

We talked for an hour,during which time I found out that I am lucky enough by pure chance to live close to one of England's 3 gender clinics.

Today starts a journey to where I don't know. All I do know is that I am glad at last to be on the journey.

Next visit in 2 weeks. The real assessment with all the questions to find out where I lie on the spectrum.

They also run support groups that encourage you to examine your own situation but in the safety of the unit that is in the hospital grounds. Monthly meetings. Hope I can eventually find the space to get to one.

Rambling post, sorry, but this is such a great day for me.Will tell you more as the journey continues.

Peace and tranquility

Roberta-Jane

Roberta-Jane

CharleneCD
05-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Good luck on your journey Roberta-Jane. As I am finding out myself, you have to find out whats right for you and run with it. For me it has been liberating. I no longer have to repress what is a vital part of me. Will it cause problems for me? Yes, but what part of life doesn't have its problems. Just got to keep it all in perspective. If you can make yourself right, life will follow along just fine.

Charlene

letsdance GG
05-20-2005, 04:51 AM
Been wondering where you've been lately. Glad to see you posting this.

I wish you nothing but the very best as you discover all the things that make you who you are. I am sure you are going to find that you are a great person inside and I hope you are happy.

Let us know how you are doing.

RachelDenise
05-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Good for you. Remember the counsellor isn't the end of it. You need to spend a lot of time thinking about what is discussed. Self-reflection is extremely important. Keep up the good work!

Wendy me
05-20-2005, 06:14 AM
so glde to hear your starting with threapy ... i have been going to see my therepest for a long time it helpes i think ...your worth the time /work ..good luck keep us posted.....

Stephenie
05-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Hope you can find peace for yourself. Lucky you won't have to move.

Stephenie

Roberta-Jane
05-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks RachelDenise.

I have done nothing else since.

For the first time I have asked myself questions that I would not have dared before...like do I really want to be a woman...NO, I mean do I REALLY REALLY want to be a woman. Do I want to end my days as a woman?

Or is it just the clothes.

Can I cope if I decide my family comes first? What if I can't cope? Will I remain sane?

I don't think it is the only the clothes?

What will people say? Will they laugh at me? Can I cope with that?
Can I continue to run my business in the same way?

Do I REALLY REALLY want to be a woman? YES YES YES.

Can I stand not ever being able to be a GG?

Thousands of other questions.. all the time... trying to be honest with myself at all times in replying.

Can I accept that life will never be the same from here on in.. I really hope so.

Thanks for your interest all who have replied. Will keep you posted.

Peace and tranquility

R-J ;)