PDA

View Full Version : The Advantages/Disadvantages of having a CD as an SO

Bev06 GG
07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
OK this is just a fun thread inspired by Karens Wedding dress one. After shopping with my SO the other day I realised big time what the advantages were of having a CD partner so I've listed them. Any body got anything they would like to add. Open to all

Advantages

He loves to go shopping with you and doesn't mind how long you take in the shoe shops or boutiques.
You dont have to hide your latest new pair of shoes and lie when he finds them telling him that youve had them for ages
When you ask him if your bum looks big in this dress he's a tad kinder with the answer because he knows how hurtful criticism can be.
He has developed his dress sense to a standard that you can ask him for an honest opinion about what suits you and looks good
You can borrow his mascara when you have inadvertantly run out and are due to walk out the door at any moment
If you dont have the right coloured lippy for a particular outfit the chances are he does
He doesn't mind how many hand bags you have stashed in the wardrobe
You can borrow his clothes and sucessfully mix and match that new skirt you just bought
He always has two matching earings that you can borrow because you only have odd ones

The Disadvantages

He takes as long as me in the bathroom
He always wants to wear his nice black top when you want to wear it
He takes ages to get ready and makes you late
He can never decide which outfit to wear.

Told you it was fun. So now its your turn.
Take care
Bev

jennifer41356
07-30-2008, 04:47 PM
since I am single , there are no disadvantages,

advantage

I can wear what i want, when i want:D
dont have to hide anything:heehee:
can shave any part of my body and not care what anyone says:c9:
I can buy whatever I want:cheer:
I can run around my apartment in my undies:eek:

Sarah...
07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Good question Bev. To add to your list:

Disadvantages:

When his CDing doesn't mesh with her desires / needs.

He uses all the bathroom and beauty products up because, you know, he just has much more of a piece of work to do to get that fem look.

Advantages:

He willingly re-stocks the beauty products he has just used up.

She gets to say "your bum looks big in that".

She gets to say "oh you're not thinking of wearing that are you?".

He sometimes gets to hear how fabulous he looks.

You both get to be real cuties!

You're right - it was fun thinking about this!!!

Sarah...

Di
07-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Bev like your reasons:thumbsup:

Heres some more

Advantages
You can have your own private slumber parties.
You can have a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend who doesn't mind waiting while you take your time shopping.
You can double your wardrobe
Spa day:D
She will not object to wearing a dress while you hem it..
If you need something to go with a dress you bought, she prob has it and will let you borrow it:)
She will give you an honest opinion on perfume, makeup a new outfit
She is a lot easier to buy gifts for.
And on that note...she will know what I
would like for a gift too:thumbsup:
She knows just what makes you tick!:o
She will understand much better that the best thing a girl can have when she feels down is new clothes.
And then if she buys you clothes, she know the sizes
She will not care if you wear curlers to bed :).
Satin and velvet are more snuggly than cotton and wool.
She does not expects you to get ready for a night out in 10 min
If she says, "Hun, you look nice." you know she really means it.:daydreaming:
She's like having a live in cosmetologist.
She lets me try all kinds of ideas with her hair:heehee:
She loves to go dancing just as much as I do:)
We both change our mind on what we are wearing...so understands when I do it:heehee:

Disadvantages
ZERO

DemonicDaughter
07-30-2008, 06:39 PM
I have to agree with Di... I see no disadvantages....well other than we aren't the same size, lol!

Shelly Preston
07-30-2008, 06:45 PM
A few more

Disadvantages

You fight over the mirror

She spends more than you on clothes

Advantages

The toilet seat never gets left up :D

You have fun deciding what you both will wear

She realises why your bag is so full

You have a full time personal shopper

Angela-Russell
07-31-2008, 12:49 AM
She'll always have a spare pair of tights or stockings when you need some.

Karen_Ski
07-31-2008, 01:31 AM
Advantage: Every night can be girl's night out! :)

Disadvantage: She will never have to worry about cellulite. :sad:

Bev06 GG
07-31-2008, 02:04 AM
LOL you see what I mean. Di I love the one about her wearing a dress whilst you hem it that made me laugh and I have to say Ive never thought of that one before.
Bev

Brianna1
07-31-2008, 07:46 AM
You can both sit in or in front of the wardrobe and commiserate that you have nothing to wear:(

Sheena Pink
07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
I agree with you ladies. there are a great deal of advantages.
Advantages:
Once she figured out my sizes, I've gotten all sorts of new shoes & outfits.
I get to have retail therapy without the explaining when I get home.
The benefits of a bigger wardrobe.

Disadvantages:
She takes forever to figure out what to wear when we go out.
Laundry sorting has taken on new difficulties.
She has bigger breasts (inserts) than I do!:D

abundantly_me
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
I found the prior threads amusing and somewhat charming, but something inside of me needs to say this

:eek: W T F !

take off those rose colored glasses and know that for many gg's there are disadvantages.

1) You see "him" fading away.

2) The focus tends to be on "her"

3) You thought you married one person, but found out you married two.

4) They relish how good you smell, only to find out they're really wondering how it would be on them.

5) You feel inside a loss, but never fully understand why.

6) They're saying they are finally feeling complete, but you're missing all kinds of parts that used to be there.

7) 'Dressing' is no longer a word to describe part of the meal at Thanksgiving.

Gemma Rhodes
07-31-2008, 04:29 PM
I found the prior threads amusing and somewhat charming, but something inside of me needs to say this

:eek: W T F !

take off those rose colored glasses and know that for many gg's there are disadvantages.

1) You see "him" fading away.

2) The focus tends to be on "her"

3) You thought you married one person, but found out you married two.

4) They relish how good you smell, only to find out they're really wondering how it would be on them.

5) You feel inside a loss, but never fully understand why.

6) They're saying they are finally feeling complete, but you're missing all kinds of parts that used to be there.

7) 'Dressing' is no longer a word to describe part of the meal at Thanksgiving.

I do understand where you are coming from on this matter but knowing Bev personally I'm sure she only posted this as a fun thread as I know she would never want to intentionally hurt anyone.

Gemma

abundantly_me
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
I do understand where you are coming from on this matter but knowing Bev personally I'm sure she only posted this as a fun thread as I know she would never want to intentionally hurt anyone.

Gemma

I do think Bev is a great person, no doubt. I just didn't want men to think that gg's don't experience disadvantages.

The man may become very euphoric when he crossdress, however his partner doesn't necessarily have those same feelings. When you love someone, you want so very much to see them happy, and yes at times that happiness makes you equally happy. but the hardest part is when their happiness somehow makes you feel rather sad inside and you can't quite pin point it, you just feel it. And to me, when people say there are no disadvantages, it is so so misleading.

Sometimes I just feel a crossdresser forgets that what he does is affecting his partner, and that's why I just needed to express that, and to see people only post fun/ amusement, which does lighten the soul and make you laugh, there is so much more deeper feelings involve.

This was something I just am compelled to say/ list.

goofus
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Interesting replies!

Sarah...
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
and to see people only post fun/ amusement, which does lighten the soul and make you laugh, there is so much more deeper feelings involve.

Yeah, but not all fun and amusement. Hence the top item in my disadvantages list earlier in this thread:

When his CDing doesn't mesh with her desires / needs.

Your comment was precisely the reason I put this at the top of my list. The rest of my post was indeed lighthearted, reflecting the initial thread idea.

Sarah...

Bev06 GG
08-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Sometimes I just feel a crossdresser forgets that what he does is affecting his partner, and that's why I just needed to express that, and to see people only post fun/ amusement, which does lighten the soul and make you laugh, there is so much more deeper feelings involve.

This was something I just am compelled to say/ list.

Absolutley and I did ask for disadvantages too so that we got a balance. We are all different and all at different stages. Some GGs have already pointed out that they see no disadvantages but I personally dont think that when I'm waiting to use the bathroom.
Take care
Bev
PS Gemma where have you been lately