PDA

View Full Version : Night life in Central FL

kellylynn_31
07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi all,

Anyone in the central FL area been to any accepting clubs?
Would like to find a quiet place to go and enjoy an evening.

P.S. Not looking for a date just some info on local establishments that I can go with S/O and enjoy an evening

Thanks ladies

Kelly

debbeelee1
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Maybe google up some GLBT bars as a start. That's how I found all of the accepting places in NE Ohio.

joann07
07-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi all,

Anyone in the central FL area been to any accepting clubs?
Would like to find a quiet place to go and enjoy an evening.

P.S. Not looking for a date just some info on local establishments that I can go with S/O and enjoy an evening

Thanks ladies

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Not sure where you are, but in Orlando there are a number of places.
I am a member of their Tri-Ess group (Phi Epsilon Mu) and we go to the Parliament house and Revolutions.
There's a bar called Peacock room and that place with very friendly. Also there's a restaurant called Friends and we go there to eat.
Another place that's great to go to is Hamburger Mary's in down own. It's a gay owned restaurant and they also have a club.

Hope this helps.

Hugs!

erickka
07-31-2008, 06:56 AM
Kellylynn, I'm from Sarasota, and a gay friend of mine did female imprersonations at clubs in Tampa, so I'm sure that all your larger cities have LGBT friendly places. Back in the early 80's Sarasota had a rather large gay population, and lots of clubs, but I don't know how many may stiill be in existence.

JOEY88
07-31-2008, 11:01 PM
where are you in central fl if your near highlands i know of a few places

sterling12
08-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Joann covered a lot of the places we go to in Orlando, there is a large and thriving GLBT Community, and by an large, most people are very accepting.

However, The Parliament and Revolutions will probably not qualify as a "quiet place to have dinner." They are Gay Resorts/Clubs and they can be very noisy. I have been told the dining areas do a pretty good job of sealing off the noise, but don't be surprized if it's loud when your there.

Joann named "Friends," that's a good choice. Accepting and a good atmosphere for dining. Think you and your good lady would like it there. Think about getting in contact with one of us, we can steer you toward phi-Ep....I know you would also enjoy being a part of that scene too.

Peace and Love, Joanie