PDA

View Full Version : Flying across Australia Again

Suzy Harrison
07-31-2008, 03:04 AM
I don't know what pushes me on with this.. The excitement?, The fear?, To prove to myself I can do it?.... yes, probably all of those.

I'm planning another flight across Australia - and this time hope to push it a little further than before.

My company want me to go to the other side of Oz for training - which will be just before I'm due to fly to the north of the state I live in.

So my plan is to do the following enfemme:
Fly over to the east coast of Australia (5 hours)
Check in at the hotel
In the evening meet with my female HR Director (who knows all about Suzy and wants to meet me)
After checking out of my hotel two days later, fly back to the West coast, then on arrival change airlines and
Check in for a regional flight up north
..and then meet up with my two GG friends from work who will be going up north with me (the easy part!)

I was a little worried about checking in with the small regional airline as Suzy so I wrote them a letter explaining my circumstances.
This is the reply:

Hello Suzy,

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns re Transgender passengers travelling with Skywest.

To make things easier for you, I would suggest you either send me a current photo, so I can advise our Duty Manager and also check in staff, or we can come up with a password which check in will know about and yourself, either way would be acceptable.

Please let me know when you have made your booking, the six letter reservation code, and I can take from there for you.

Regards,

I was quite pleased with that, as some months ago I wrote to Qantas ... and I didn't get a reply.

I plan to do this towards the end of August.

Shelly Preston
07-31-2008, 03:17 AM
Hi Suzy

Thats great news about Skywest

As for whats pushing you on I suspect its the fact you are heading to being full time and you are making sure you experience this as much as possible along your journey

I am sure your HR director will be very impressed by you
Now all you have to do it decide what to wear ;)

KayR
07-31-2008, 04:04 AM
Hi Suzy!
I enjoy reading of your exploits, so please keep us informed!
When you're on a flight dressed en-femme, do your fellow passengers engage you in conversation? Any stories to tell?

Brianna1
07-31-2008, 07:32 AM
You're doing well Suzy, more power to you!

TGMarla
07-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Wow, Suzy, you GO, girl! This is fascinating. You're really growing with this thing. Every new adventure is bigger and better. You're finally becomming Suzy little by little! (Or not so little!) You can be sure I'll be watching to see how it all goes for you, and that I'll be rooting for you from the cheap seats.

Suzy Harrison
08-01-2008, 08:53 AM
I spoke on the phone today with my (female) HR Director about my plans to fly over and to see if she can meet up with me, for one of the evenings I'm over east, where she is based.

The answer was "Yes, It will be great to meet Suzy! - we can do that on the first evening!"

When I asked her if she was okay with me flying over there and checking into the hotel enfemme (on company time and expenses) she said she thought it was a great way to gain more confidence and experience..

I thought after I put the phone down that I'll wake up any moment and realise I've been dreaming. Here is the #2 person in charge of the company telling me I should fly enfemme !... well who am I to argue ?!

Angie G
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
That's great news Suzy. You go girl. :hugs:
Angie

pamela_a
08-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Suzy, It's so wonderful reading how well things are going for you. I'm so happy for you (and a little jealous too). You go girl.

-Paula-

Suzy Harrison
08-05-2008, 07:47 PM
The other day I sent them another e-mail to tell then the flights I'll be on and that it will be booked by my company in a few days time.
This was the reply (who say's attitudes are not changing?)

Suzy, Just let me know the booking reference when booked. I do understand your concerns, I believe you are very brave in doing what you have to do, happy to assist.

Regards,
Team Leader
Call Centre
Skywest Airlines

TxKimberly
08-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Suzy, you rock lady! I'm sure if you act like a lady you will be treated like one. No worries mate! :-)

whitelace
08-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I guess you will really be flying the friendly skies
you are an inspiration to all of us ....you absolutely rock girl hugs....lacie:battingeyelashes:

Suzy Harrison
08-14-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm due to go on my next big adventure in less than 2 weeks.
I've booked the hotels under the name of Suzy Harrison, arranged to go to dinner with my HR Manager as Suzy and have everything in place for my 3 flights.

This was the final reply from Skywest Airlines after I gave them all of my booking details:

Suzy, Thank you for the photo and details, I have made notes in the booking (with nothing personnel) just to say if there is a problem at Check In to contact me at the Call Centre directly and only me. They will have a photo; I will also give you a password to use when you go the counter of, 2008.

I wish you well and please if you need assistance in the future do not hesitate to make contact.

Kind Regards,

xxx xxxxx
Team Leader
Call Centre
Skywest Airlines

TGMarla
08-14-2008, 07:14 AM
They sound cooperative! This is going well!

NatashaCD
08-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi Suzy ill be sure to run out the front of my Adelaide based home and give you a big wave as you fly by lol