PDA

View Full Version : Look or feel?

Emily Anderson
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
If you had to choose between the LOOK of the clothes you wear, and the FEEL of the clothes you wear, which one would you choose, and why?

You do NOT have a choice, and you you cannot choose both!

To answer this question, you have to imagine that you have either lost your sight, or lost your sense of touch.

girl_in_pantyhose
07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
It's all about the look! What can i say i am a slave to female fashion. If i wanted comfort i would be a Nudest!

so give me those achy feet and those high heel,those hot pantyhose, and that constricting bra!

jamie55
07-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Emily: I chose feel. I dress for myself and not so much to suit other people. Since I can't always see myself the feel is more appealing. It is a loaded survey tho as the look is also important.

bettysue6879
07-31-2008, 03:37 PM
I choose the feel too.

Samantha43
07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
That's a hard question!

I really like the feel. Something about the fabrics and the way they fit.

But.......since I can't stay away from the mirror or camera for very long, I am going to have to say the look.

Sarah...
07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I chose "the look". The look is all important to me. Sure, the clothes feel great but if they don't look great then I have a problem.

I have abandoned particular styles or fashions in the past because they would not look great on me.

However, when its right its right and then I feel great too!

Andy

Regina girl
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Look is what it is all about for me but feel is good to.

Hurs Regina

girl_in_pantyhose
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Its all about the look! :daydreaming:

RavenAndrea
07-31-2008, 04:14 PM
I would choose the look first if I had to make a choice. For instance the look of some of my corsets are very erotic but they are quite constricting and make it had to breath or bend over. Tight and constricting leather clothing feels good for the first hour or so, but can tire one out after four or five hours.
Andrea

Tomara
07-31-2008, 05:26 PM
I also chose feel because I like the way the fabrics feel on me probably a little more than the way they look . :o Tomara

Emily Anderson
07-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Message to Deborah Jane:

Don't you dare interfere with my poll!!!

Deborah Jane
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
A hard question Emily, i choose the look...No feel.......Look....Err feel....Umm
Can,t decide, so i won,t answer :tongueout

Sorry Emily...The Devil made me do it!!!!
Anyway i didn,t vote, as i couldn,t decide lol

Karen_Ski
07-31-2008, 05:35 PM
That was a toughie Emily but I have to say the look. After all women have suffered for generations to look fashionable and in many ways I do too. After all isn't the expression "a slave to fashion?

Karren H
07-31-2008, 05:50 PM
LOOK!!! Who cares how they feel??? Jeans feel good but I won't be caught dead in them because they look like.....%$#%^$

:D

Shelly Preston
07-31-2008, 05:57 PM
You do NOT have a choice, and you you cannot choose both!

To answer this question, you have to imagine that you have either lost your sight, or lost your sense of touch.

No sight - choose touch

No touch - choose sight

Simple answer but true

I would never wear something that looked good but felt horrible or looked horrible and felt good

So its impossible to vote on this :2c:

danielle_from_cal
07-31-2008, 07:48 PM
I chose to choose the "feel". I like to see how I look, but I can't stand in front of a mirror all the time. I primarily like feeling like I am dressed appropriately.

TGMarla
07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Boy, that's a toughie. I chose look, but I'm not real sure about the answer. It's a good thing I get both as things are now!

People go blind all the time, but I've never known anyone to completely lose their sense of touch. If I were to go blind, I'd probably still crossdress and be glad I could feel the clothes. If I were to somehow lose my sense of touch, I'd likely still crossdress, and be glad I could see myself as a lady.

I'm grateful that I have the best of both worlds right now!

Tina Dixon
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
If I feel good I know I look good :tongueout

Stargirl
07-31-2008, 08:01 PM
I like to feel good all over. People could theoretically tell me that "my" chartreuse polyester double knit monstrosity looks great on me, but, if I hate the texture of it, and I feel like a sasquatch,I will not be happy. Give me humane silk, and rayon. It doesn't fight me. If it doesn't look good, I am not dressing for the masses, any way.

Sarah Doepner
07-31-2008, 08:01 PM
I wear silk hawaiian shirts and don't like shoes that are uncomfortable unless they look good and girly. It has to be the look, because I can get the feel in other ways.

docrobbysherry
07-31-2008, 08:02 PM
I picked "looks". But it's actually about 75% looks, 25% feel for me.

The 25% "feel" is; corsets, nylons, and tite girdles.

Strangely, when I started CDing, it was 100% about the "feel"! Now, moving toward 100% "look"! No idea why! Lol!

Jilmac
07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
I go for the feel because i love the way fem clothes feel on my body. The look comes automatically.

carolinetv
07-31-2008, 08:22 PM
OH god, that is a tough one. I would say feel. I love not being able to breathe in a corset, my feet hurting in 5" heels and a thong up my ass. Oh god I am a masochist:OMG:

debbeelee1
07-31-2008, 08:52 PM
I had to go with feel, but only after a took a little peek at myself!

Staci
07-31-2008, 09:06 PM
I always prefer the feel but I define feel as the way the fabric itself feels. I will go for the silky, satin, nylon, even extra smooth microfibers. The clothes still do have to look good but if it doesn't feel silky I usually lose interest pretty quickly.

Keely
07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Wow this is really hard...I guess the look wins out, at least today.

suspender
07-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Thought provoking question. I chose look. I love the feel, but couldnt imagine not being able to see the lovely people around me (including this web site!)

satin_luva
08-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I adore both aspects but, ultimately it's the erotic look that captures my attention.

whitelace
08-01-2008, 01:20 AM
"Feel" I say this with the thought in mind of how my jeans fit on me
they allow me to feel the girl in my walk hugs lacie:battingeyelashes:

Michelle_in_tights
08-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Definitetly the feel. I love wearing skintight clothes such as tights, swimsuits and leotards. Would love to try on a skate dress or lyrical dress someday though. I dress purely for the turnon not the look.

Sally24
08-01-2008, 05:14 AM
Obviously I immensly enjoy the feel of my clothing, silk is my favorite! But.....when I find some really cute shoes (that kill my feet) or tighten up the corset to fit into a particularly snug outfit, I am choosing look over comfort.

erickka
08-01-2008, 06:35 AM
I chose the feel. Women's materials are so much softer and nicer feeling against the skin. I especially like the feel of freshly shaven legs and hose caressed by a nice slip or a nicely lined skirt, coupled with a silk blouse. I'm in heaven at that point!

Randee
08-01-2008, 08:48 AM
I am totally in agreement with you Michelle_in_Tights. In fact I wish there was a way I could message you so we could talk about it.
As I have said before I have always loved the look of leotards and tights and other skintight clothing on the female body and the feel of them on me when I wear. My choices are almost always leotards and tights, pantyhose, unitards, one piece swimsuits and a few unisex zentai suits. No matter how feminine the clothing I wear, even with girly colors, the masculine in me still comes through, slightly softened, shaped by the feminine clothing. It brings my thoughts to how the woman must feel in them and how I feel wearing the same skintight clothing with women. THAT gets me turned on. I'll take the turnon of the wonderful silky all-over skintight feel.

Carly D.
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
I chose feel because I love the way pantyhose and high heels feel but with the great feeling comes the great look so I get both for the price of my vote.. don't you wish politics could be this way??

abundantly_me
08-01-2008, 10:43 AM
mmmmmmmmm, for me it is definitely the feel. The way the material may caress my skin, and how it hugs the curves.

but then I've always been one who likes to touch and enjoy the sensuality of things.

Claire3
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Dont see the point in the feel being nice if you look like a bag of potatoes.However,without sight youd only be able to appreciate the feel so it wouldnt matter too much

MsJanessa
08-01-2008, 11:08 AM
you have obviously forgotten who you are talking to--I am Mistress Janessa and never have to make the choice between looks and feel :dom: lol

cdkelsi
08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I would have to go with the look. Hell I want to look as good as I can and the clothes helps a lot....at the same time though feeling good is always a plus.

RobertaFermina
08-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Tough question!

I choose the look, and the way I feel when inspired by the look!

I am vain, so dressing in the dark for the feeling of it wouldn't work.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Michelle_in_tights
08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
To add to what I said earlier, I also love the feminine look the clothes give me, especially my girly stockingened feet in hose which is also a big turn on.

Nicole1
08-01-2008, 06:57 PM
If I could pass 100%; then maybe it would be the look, as I would be out there strutting my stuff for all to see! However, I don't crossdress to impress; I crossdress because I like the way the clothes feel. That is why I underdress (no one can see what you are wearing underneath); that is for you, not others. Most of us hope that we look nice and can at least mostly pass; but we crossdress regardless of how we look. We dress because of how it makes us feel. imho!:heehee:

Hugs:hugs:

Nicole

rustynail
08-02-2008, 06:39 AM
It starts with the feel, but it has to be female and feminine, so look plays its part. But if I have an item that does not feel right I don't keep it long. And if it has the feel but is not feminine, it turns me on less, and I won't keep it as long.

Jonianne
08-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Definatly the "feel". I look like a man in a dress so I might as well feel comfortable as a man in a dress!

Amy Hepker
08-02-2008, 06:59 AM
I picked look, but I love the feel of satin, but it would still have to look good.

NatashaCD
08-02-2008, 07:06 AM
a very tough desision i chose the look as i always love the way the clothing looks on me they always feel great too though lol

azdresser
08-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I am into the look. I love the female look!

mlady
08-02-2008, 12:34 PM
For me its has to be the look.
Look not even any make up or wig.
How do I look?
Be honest!:daydreaming:

Jennifer Marie P.
08-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I choose the look of my clothes when I go out to express the female look

brandic
08-02-2008, 02:43 PM
The feel wins out for me. I guess it has to do with how my crossdressing started - sneaking bras from Mom's dressers to use as beat material. What can I say - soft, silky and lacy things just make me feel so...GOOD.:o

Terry V
08-02-2008, 08:41 PM
The feel of nylon, silk, satin is what it's all about for me. If it is not soft and lacy it's not for me. I can wear cotton all the time and that it not the way I want to go.

WildLotus29
08-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I voted for look but I'd rather have both. I want to have my cake and eat it too! :D

Kelly Greene
08-02-2008, 10:10 PM
I voted for Feel, it is not only the cloths feel but how I feel about the cloths and how I feel about how I look .

Michaela
08-02-2008, 10:15 PM
waking up in the middle of the night with a satin babydoll on... I would say it is the feel...

all other times... it is indeed the look :p I spend too much time in the mirror :daydreaming:

Veronica 1
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I had to vote for feel. It is like today, I bought a nice light blue full length nightie yesterday and have been up since 6 AM. I am still wearing it now because it feels to good to take off, but I do have to go out and get some things done but I am postponing them to enjoy the feel of the nightie. I guess that I am addicted to nylon.

Michaela
08-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I had to vote for feel. It is like today, I bought a nice light blue full length nightie yesterday and have been up since 6 AM. I am still wearing it now because it feels to good to take off, but I do have to go out and get some things done but I am postponing them to enjoy the feel of the nightie. I guess that I am addicted to nylon.

oooh you have a great point there. but I think that has to do with how the clothes are made.

anyway when it comes to nightwear in general I think perhaps it's because it is supposed to be comfy and to feel good that it's all about the feel.

but during the day the focus of the designers is often less about how you feel and more about how you look so naturally I focus more on that instead.

CD Susan
08-04-2008, 03:00 PM
For me it has to be the look. Why else do we love our mirrors so much? Also I enjoy looking at the pics of others in the photo galleries. But the feeling comes in at a close second.

Alyssa82
09-28-2008, 07:06 AM
id choose the feel. if its not comfortable, how can you wear it?

Alana65
09-28-2008, 07:24 AM
I voted for "feel" because male clothing is typically heavier/stiffer than female clothing, and I much prefer the light and airy fabrics from the feminine world. And yes, the variety of colors available is a plus, but the feel is more attractive to me (but not by a huge amount). :battingeyelashes:

TommiTN
09-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Both components are important but for me the visual takes precendence. Consider the blind CDer. She would feel the fabrics and fit but how would she know she's crossdressed without being able to see her image? Of course someone could tell her she's dressed and how she looks but without the visual it would just be heresay. Would a blind CDer even bother to dress knowing she couldn't see the result of her efforts for herself?

Samantha Kelsey
09-28-2008, 08:26 AM
I have to say I go for the look.
If it doesn't feel good as well then I probably wouldn't wear it. But can you imagine going out to friends or shopping wearing only your favourite "feel good" clothes, and what about my 4" stilleto's.
Sam K

caroline05tv
09-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Ohhhh that's a toughie! I suppose it has to be the look, when alls said and done I want to look the part.

valenstein
09-28-2008, 12:46 PM
That was a difficult question! I chose the look because I'll buy a polyester top if it's way cute, but a sateen housecoat is still a housecoat. My only hangup with my answer is fur, I won't wear fur but I can always say I don't like the look of it.

Jamie14
09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Both!!!!!!!

The Feel Hits You First But Then The Look Of The Finished Product Just Takes Your Breath Away As You Twirl In Front Of The Mirror!!

Kayla Shadows
09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
A girls gotta look good :battingeyelashes: Beauty is pain,pain is beauty

jennylogan
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
I prefer the look. After all if the clothes look good on me it is a pretty safe assumption I will feel good with them on.

Kyara
09-29-2008, 11:55 PM
I have to go with looks but feel forced it into a photo finish!

I must look good to feel fine....again, quite close! Obviously though, the ideal is to look great and feel great as well. But you see, today I wore a pair of pants that don't look as good on me as others that I have; however, the feel kept me from changing into something else. Now, had I gone out of the house, I would have changed for sure! Great thread!

crusadergirl
09-30-2008, 12:01 AM
A girls gotta look good :battingeyelashes: Beauty is pain,pain is beauty

Thats just what i was thinking. Without the pain you go though you can't have the look. So i need both.

Inachis
09-30-2008, 12:10 AM
I guess for me its' about the look. It starts at first with the feel of the satin as it slips over my shoulder, the gentle caress of the bra as it fits around my not so well endowed busom. The dantiness of the panties as air hits my genitalia. the sheer sleekness of the hosiery as it situates into place, and finally the hug of the garter as I fasten them into place.

But then it happens, I'll catch myself in the mirror, and it just looks as good as it feels on me.

When I put on the makeup i'll stare at the gentle play between the eyeshadow and the way it contours onto my face. I love the way the frost application glimmers, and the compliment from my lipstick to my eyeshadow so carefully laid so as it all blends togather to form the sensual pleasure that is crossdressing.:c9:

tricia_uktv
09-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Really hard question. Its everything really so I went for feel.

Lawren
09-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Given the "no option" clause, I choose "feel". I dress for myself, not to please someone else's eyes.

Lacy PJs
10-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I chose the feel because... most of the things I wear DO feel good. Besides, so many things don't really look all that good because of my height & overall build. If I were short & petite, that might be different. But I'll probably never really worry about the look. In fact, sometimes, there are some things that I don't wear because I don't think they look good at all.

Lacy PJs

Leohose
12-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Definitetly the feel. I love wearing skintight clothes such as tights, swimsuits and leotards. Would love to try on a skate dress or lyrical dress someday though. I dress purely for the turnon not the look.

Its like a leotard with a flowing skirt, and the skirt length can be cut to make it a mini or give it a slit look

avril findlay
12-05-2008, 12:41 AM
How I look when I'm dressed is very important to me. If it was all about feel you could just get a slik sheet, cut a hole in it and wear it like some giant poncho, which I'm sure some crazy dress "designer" has already done!

LA CINDY LOVE
12-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Looks...looks...looks...nobody cares how it feel on you. It is all about the look, just because something feels good dose not mean it looks good.

If I was a closet CD I would pick the feel...but since I am a out and about CD
they way I look is very important.

LA CINDY LOVE

sometimes_miss
12-05-2008, 03:40 AM
Kind of an odd question I thought; after all, they do make mens clothing out of silk if you look for it, and fine cashmere, linen and such. But if you mean the 'feel' of wearing female specific articles such as high heels, bras, garter belts and such, then it changes just a bit. Both are intertwined with appearance. When I'm walking around the house, it's more of how it feels to do so in a dress or skirt with heels, and feeling the gentle 'tug' of a bra holding my breasts 'there', and the long hair of a wig brushing against my neck and shoulders. But you really need the 'look' as well, for when you see part of yourself dressed on the peripheral of your visual field, it's important that we look as we feel. Both are important, I don't think you can separate the two. I would not be able to choose.

tanya1976
12-05-2008, 04:10 AM
If I had to choose, I'd go with feel. That would certainly explain some of the outfits I wear! Oh, I notice comfort didn't make your list..:)

jessiejess112
12-05-2008, 04:21 AM
I completelly understand why many of you are choosing the "feel" of the clothes, I like that too.
But if I had to choose, I would go with "look"; because personally, I have always been more interested in seeing and projecting myself as a woman.
Even when I first started CDing as a kid, the first thing I would do when wearing a dress is "model" in front of the mirror :D.

Lorna
12-05-2008, 07:33 AM
I love to look at women, especially their clothes, and imagine what it feels like to wear those clothes. When I do wear them I can get close to enjoying the same feeling...but, sadly, I can't get close to the look. So it has to be the feel for me.

paulaluvssz8
12-05-2008, 09:30 AM
I am built to manly. Never pass as woman, I do enjoy the looking at the clothing in the mirror, but mostly feel for me. I just love the feel of the material.

Clara
12-05-2008, 12:05 PM
If I really really have to chose one over the other I'll go with look. (It's really difficult to do that, though.)

MJ
12-05-2008, 12:10 PM
as i'm out most every day it's the look for me

tommi
12-05-2008, 12:10 PM
I love the feel of the fabrics and the way women,s clothes are so fitting.
The feel of silk and satin drives me wild.:drink:

Tess
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
If I could pass 100%; then maybe it would be the look, as I would be out there strutting my stuff for all to see! However, I don't crossdress to impress; I crossdress because I like the way the clothes feel. That is why I underdress (no one can see what you are wearing underneath); that is for you, not others. Most of us hope that we look nice and can at least mostly pass; but we crossdress regardless of how we look. We dress because of how it makes us feel. imho!

Fits me almost to a tee. Also, at my age I'm more interested in comfort than look anyway. My guess is that most GG's who are at home alone or with family aren't into their look so much as being comfortable.

renee k
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Well, I like how clothes look on me. I guess that's why I can't pass by a mirror without stopping to have a look! LOL!!

Huggs, Renee

KIRA ANN
12-07-2008, 12:13 AM
This is a tough one, but i went with the feel.:)

rickie121x
12-07-2008, 12:24 AM
But why would one have to choose? The look alone makes me feel wonderful - and the feel; as one of us said "the aching arches, the hot pantyhose, the tightness of the bra...", and I have to add the wholly changed spectrum of physical movement.

The experience is holistic and is for me is so much greater than just the look or only the feel.... It is sexual, sensual, artistic, spirtitual, and sometimes just plain down and dirty! Look, and feel, are way too limited to be of use in describing what goes on with me.

Rickie :daydreaming:

amandak_tv
12-07-2008, 12:25 AM
That's an easy choice; (for me) it's all about the look. I (unfortunately) have to go to great (sometimes uncomfortable) lengths to shape my body. I'll use waist cinchers, corsets, tape - whatever it takes,no matter how it feels, as long as the end result looks "right" to me.

Now, the way I "feel" when I see the end result is something I hope I never lose.

Jonelle
12-07-2008, 12:26 AM
wow, so half of us like the look, half of us like the feel.. i go with look so much more fashionable

Celeste
12-07-2008, 12:31 AM
This is to easy for me ,its the feel by a long shot,nice clothes send shock waves of pleasure right through to my very core,many times its still there even after I take everything off and put it away.

Rochelle Exploration
12-07-2008, 12:42 AM
If it looks good doesn't it also feel good?

NewDresser
12-07-2008, 02:48 PM
As of now I choose the feel, but as I learn and get better at the feminine illusion I could see myself starting to enjoy the look more.

Carole Cross
12-07-2008, 04:23 PM
I choose the look because the look is what attracts you to buy the clothes in the first place, if you dont like the look of somrthing then you wont want to buy it! :battingeyelashes:

brittdoll
12-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I must agree with The Look.

FromTheSouth
12-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I would have to choose what feels good. Thats Just for the simple fact that if it looks good but feels horrible you not going to enjoy wearing it! But if it feels good, and makes you feel good while your wearing it then your going to enjoy yourself!!:)

charlene_d
12-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I could live without a mirror. My imagination is all the look I need. The feel is very sensual.

Charlene D.

Annette_boy
12-07-2008, 10:57 PM
In life there is always a choice sence both looks and feel are important to me in equal measure and that I resrnt being told there is no choice I declined to vote
Annette

Maria_1969
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Definitly the Feel for me since everything I wear when "dressing" revolves around pantyhose and nothing feels as good on me as do pantyhose and tights. However, since my SO likes it I have grown to appreciate looking good with nice shoes and a skirt..... She picks the styles and I approve if the material feels nice. :)

She also knows what I like.... so I get suprise skirts and shoes now too.... :love: I love her!!!

charlie
12-08-2008, 12:51 PM
It is all about the look! Don't ever tell me that 6" heels are comfy! They look damn good though.

joanne_mi
12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
It's better to look good then to feel good. :D Sadly, 'all of the above" wasn't an option.

Joanne f
12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
I would have to go with the feel , because you can look at anything and like it , but to feel something can set a whole lot of different emotions going .

joanne

Leohose
12-08-2008, 10:08 PM

the feel of the leotards are the best, that said, they look great, but feel first