PDA

View Full Version : Supertasters

justmetoo
07-31-2008, 10:07 PM
This a question mostly for MtF CDs, but others should feel free to chime in:
Are you a supertaster (if you're not sure what that is you can find a description on wikipedia)? Are you ticklish? Or sensitive to strong smells?
Just wondering if maybe there is some connection to heightened senses/sensations that contributes to CDing (or maybe just makes it more enjoyable :) ) ... not so much "cause and effect", but maybe another factor... or could just be wild speculation with no basis in reality. :D

(my answer is yes to all 3)

Karren H
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Not tickelish... my sence of smell is shot... I can't hear well any more and my eyesight sucks.... Other than that.... I can still put the puck in the net!!! :) and I love to look pretty anyways!!! lol

AmandaM
07-31-2008, 11:18 PM
My sniffer works better than most others. But, that's about it.

Breanne
07-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Not tickelish... my sence of smell is shot... I can't hear well any more and my eyesight sucks.... Other than that.... I can still put the puck in the net!!! :) and I love to look pretty anyways!!! lol

I'm like you Karren, except I can't even put the puck in the net!

gagirl1
07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
i'd say i have a strong sense of smell. i don't have great eyesight, and my hearing is gone from listening to music too loudly, but that's mostly my fault. oh, forgot to add. i'm ticklish but i've built up a mental block to it. you can try and tickle me all day long and i won't so much as make a smile. i used to get tickled until it hurt when i was a kid and saw it as a weakness so i figured out how to stop it.

happygirl
08-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I seem to have a hightened sense of touch. My feet are off limits, and if there is a tag in my shirt it must be removed. I do think this makes nylon and silk that much more enjoyable. Often wondered if that is part of my whole cd experince.

Ciara
08-01-2008, 12:18 AM
??????????????????????????!

Angie G
08-01-2008, 12:41 AM
My nose work fine, my eyes aren't as good as they once were, And if you touch my feet I'll go up the wall hun. :hugs:
Angie

Zenith
08-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Other than that.... I can still put the puck in the net!!!

You sure use that a lot Karren...is that a euphemism?

:raisedeyebrow:

Ummm yes the question...I'm super ticklish...super sensitive to smells...and I did that experiment in genetics lab where if you have a certain genetic makeup you are sensitive to the taste of something other cannot taste...forgot what it was...I tasted it and hated it...

:eek:

Melora
08-01-2008, 01:28 AM
I AM WAY 2 Ticklish!!
I will almost pass out if you touch me Anywhear..
And
Some smells make me puke!!! OR Go into Extassy..
NO.. None of these have Anything to do with my CDing....
Katie

Alice B
08-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Interesting concept. I'm ticklish and love being tickeled. I have a strong sense of smell. Can still see my toes and hear well. Is this why I love to dress?

erickka
08-01-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm with Karrem. The only thing that still works O.K is the hearing. Still like to pretty up every once in a while.

Karren H
08-01-2008, 07:10 AM
You sure use that a lot Karren...is that a euphemism?

:raisedeyebrow:

LOL No it's usually a slap shot from the point... :) If I had to choose between crossdressing and ice hockey.... Ice hockey would win.... anyone can dress up like a girl............ :D

Sarah...
08-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Feet ticklish, waist ticklsh. Otherwise not ticklish, hopeless sense of smell, tastebuds nothing special, eyesight normal and selective hearing.

So I'm not a supertaster, just a taster.

Sarah...

DonnaT
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
I'd say yes to all 3.

Very Sherri
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Not tickelish... my sence of smell is shot... I can't hear well any more and my eyesight sucks.... Other than that....

EXACTLY Karen