PDA

View Full Version : Phones

Sarah_Knight
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
How fem is your phone?
When mobile phones first appeared they were evil housebricks in black. Now its possible to get all sorts of cute and colourful bits of plastic surrounding the working parts of your favourite mobile.
It was pointed out to me in work (by one of the cleaning girls) that my tiny pink motorola with its Winnie the Pooh dangling toy and Gloria Estefan ringtone was perhaps a touch "girlie" ... I honestly hadn't thought of it in those terms (no, really!).

Which leads me to the fashion accessory in most people's purse ... how fem is your phone?

Sarah...
08-01-2008, 02:56 PM
My Sony Ericsson has pink LEDs that light up when the phone is in use. The standard "Splat" theme is also very pink. The phone itself though is white.

Other than that I've no idea how fem the thing is. What would be a fem ringtone then?

Sarah...

Sarah_Knight
08-01-2008, 03:01 PM
If it plays the theme tune from the DAMBUSTERS or the GODFATHER its probably a masculine ringtone. ... anything from STEPS, S CLUB or Britney Spears might be sniggered at in male company.
((Am I digging myself into a hole here?))

Karren H
08-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Mines a he-mans phone!!! Hahaha. Actually a Blackberry 7290 soon to be a 8700c..... Privided by the company.. Unlimited phone, data and full web access... I do all my IMing.. 90% of my online posting and my fem email on this baby.. Matter of fact I'm typing this on my Blackberry!! And its free free free!! :).

It also fits into my purse just fine... And helps me navagate to the nearest mall!! :)

So function over form... I'll take this baby over any girly fem phone on the market!! Lol

Chloe Renee
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
My LG is kinda girly, with the qwerty slide out keyboard. They make cases for it mainly in pinks and purples I notice, which has to mean something.

Tina Dixon
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Yellow and black nextel, hey company pays for it so thats the best kind:D

trannie T
08-01-2008, 03:42 PM
My phone is the cheapest most basic model I could find. It is a telephone, not a playstation, not a computer, not a camera, just a telephone. I don't know if it is male or female I don't know where to check.

Sarah_Knight
08-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Trannie T, Phones don't have a specific gender. Lol

My original Nokia was just like me ... rather boring, but you could remove the dull silvergrey outer cover and replace it with funky and colourful shells. I had a flower one for a while, then switched across to an all black one with glow in the dark stars. (I have such excellent taste!)

I also attach these silly danglers ... small plastic creatures (usually very manga or anime themed) on lengths of cord. These loop through the little carry handle option a lot of phones have. Its a japanese fashion thing, but its becoming popular across the world now. Naturally you can go as "girly" themed with these things as you like.

Ringtones. As pointed out before can be seen as either masculine or fem ... depending on your perspective.

adelle
08-01-2008, 03:48 PM
mine a metalic pink nokia with a Bad Bi#ch operator logo in pink :hugs:

Karren H
08-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Yellow and black nextel, hey company pays for it so thats the best kind:D

Steelers and Penguins colors!! :D

Wendy me
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
mine is red and sounds like a door bell when it rings ....now a fem phone ???? some times it's things like this that slap me up side the head and remind me this is a CD forum ....and you know GUY'S will be GUY'S ..... even if they wear a dress.......

lol it's a phone it's a pain in the butt most times fem no it's just a phone.........

Karen_Ski
08-01-2008, 05:04 PM
My phone is the cheapest most basic model I could find. It is a telephone, not a playstation, not a computer, not a camera, just a telephone. I don't know if it is male or female I don't know where to check.

Like Karren my employer provides me with a Blackberry and I use it in conjunction with that however for my personal use I keep my own phone and I could not agree more with Trannie T. A few months my old Nokia just died so I went to the AT&T store to get a new one. They tried to sell me everything under the sun then I finally told them. "I don't want to surf the net with it, I don't want to text with it, I don't want to use it for a GPS, I don't want it to make coffee in the morning I just want a telephone!" Amazing how they couldn't seem to grasp that simple idea!

I left dismayed and headed to Wally World where I ended up with one of those cheapie pay as you go phones locked to the AT&T network, put my sim card in it and I was back in business. I guess it amazes me what people think their phone should be. Then again I have seen people driving on the freeway texting away and have been in stores where people couldn't put their phones down long enough to get their wallets out to pay for their purchase. What has this society come to?

victoriamwilliams1
08-01-2008, 05:27 PM
When I get one for my femself it will be very girly.

Samantha Marie
08-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Pirates colors too Karren!!!...I know I am a fan of a most-times losing team...but they still sport the Black and Gold...and I still like 'em!!!

Sami

Angela-Russell
08-01-2008, 07:14 PM
OMG, I need a new phone. A nice new pink girly phone................

Veronica 1
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
OMG, I must still be in the dark ages. I do not even have a cell phone.

lisalove
08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
I have a pink cover on mine.

KayR
08-02-2008, 03:42 AM
Mines a silver-coloured N73. No frills or flounces. I've attached a wriststrap to it so that I can jank it out of my jeans when it rings. Oh, and the ringtones? "All Right Now" by Free for everyone except my wife. She gets "There She Goes" by the Laa's. I have some vulgar text message announcements but not dared to use them. My current one says "excuse me sir, but you appear to have a textual message" in a very British butler-type voice. Oh, and finally. Its got one of those silicone covers on it to protect it against scratches etc. They're referred to as "condoms", these covers..........