PDA

View Full Version : Outted by a hotel

SatinDoll00
08-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Okay, so I have been traveling for business a great deal lately. This past week, I was staying in a suite for 3 nights. Of course, I had taken some of my things (Morgan's things) with me. My forms, two wigs, a pair of heels, some lingerie, three nighties, and a view skirts and tops.

Well, on the first night, I got in from work, and all was well. I dressed, relaxed, slept. No big deal.

On the second night, more of the same.

On the third night, upon returning from work, I find that my key no longer works. I assume there is some mistake. Let me say, I was a little nervous...but I decided not to panic. It was likely some kind of glitch.

Well, I arrive at the front desk, and the lady working at the desk asks me 'Can I help you?' I explain that I had just been to my room, and that my key did not work. She informed me that I had been moved to another room. :wtf:

I explained that I had requested no such move, and that my things were still in my old room. Well, she informs me that that simply cannot be the case, because someone else has checked into that room already!!! (okay, now I secretly wet myself, because I knew where this was going)

I ask her, 'Where are my things?' She tells me she has no idea. So she pages a manager. Of course the manager is very apologetic, and says that he will go up to my old room to see if my things are still there. I ask him if I can do that, he says no...that since there is a guest there, that he must do it. So off he goes.

A few minutes later, he returns, with my luggage...packed.

:OMG:

He seems a little, sheepish, at this point, and comes over to me, and says 'You may want to check, but I believe that everything is there.' I am humiliated beyond all reason at this point, and my only response to him is 'Yes, I will...just get me my new room'.

Sure enough, I get to my new room, and all of my items are there...my breastforms, my wigs, my makeup, my bras, my panties, my stockings, my cincher, my skirts, my tops, etc. etc. (and my drab clothes). Of course, the manager, and the person occupying the room I was in previously saw everything that came out of the drawers and went into my bag.

I was so upset, that I could not even dress. I just re-packed everything, and went to the bar. On my way back, the lady at the front desk gave me this really strange, almost shocked look, and then went behind a wall, from which giggling could be heard.

I went back up to my room, and slept. Upon check out the next morning, a different manager was working at the front desk. As soon as I said, I was in room _____ and I am checking out, he did a double take, and then apologized for the inconvenience. Of course, I asked him how that could have happened, and he said he had no idea, but he pulled out a log. He said, let me see what is in the log.

- Room changed from _____ to _____ (4:45am)

- Clothing and luggage still in room (10:05am)

- Guest complaint at front desk (7:10pm)

- Clothing, male and female, removed from room and packed for guest (7:40pm)

He looks at this, shows it to me, and says, they didn't list why they moved you.

Needless to say, I checked out, but with their corporate office number. I wanted a day or so to collect my thoughts before I call them and get all frustrated or angry and say something I shouldn't say.

This was a total violation of my privacy! They allowed a stranger access to my most personal of property. I am really lucky that the person in the room I was in was honest, because he/she could have said there was nothing in the room, or claimed some or all of the items as their own. Imagine if I had left anything really valuable in the room!!

Someone is going to hear from me on Monday, and it will not be a pleasant conversation :Angry3:

unclejoann
08-02-2008, 12:13 AM
give 'em hell!

Lara
08-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Ouch! I can't believe that! It's beyond rude....

Joy Carter
08-02-2008, 12:25 AM
I can't say for sure, but when you rent a room, it's like your home. They cannot enter within unless it's by your permission. Excluding maid service, but that's understood, and then if you refuse it, that's your right. Who knows you might get your next stay for free, if you handle your indignation right. If I were you when you do contact corporate, ask what the policy is first, so you have some leverage right off, before you melt their ear off over the receiver.:devil:

Karen_Ski
08-02-2008, 01:34 AM
I have traveled for over 20 years for work as well as vacations and I have never heard of a hotel just arbitrarily changing a person's room. Outed or not I would have been outraged and probably on the phone to my lawyer. :Angry3:

Bev06 GG
08-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Oh dear Satin Doll,
Yes Im with everyone else on this, they have totally violated your rights. I would just check like Joy said about their policies and procedures but I would certainly want an explanation and an apology.
What on earth could they have been thinking of.
I felt the embarassment as I read your thread what a terrible situation to find yourself in its shocking.
Let us know how you get on I'd be very interested to know how they are going to get out of this one.
Bev

Sandra
08-02-2008, 02:51 AM
That is just not right, no one should touch your stuff and to let another guest into that room while your stuff is in there.......I do hope you give them what they deserve when you contact them.

Josey
08-02-2008, 03:21 AM
I can not believe what happened to you. Like those who have reponded thus far I would give them an ear full. Compensation is due you for sure! Regardless of what motivated them to do their duty...no excuse can be acceptable. Please let us know how this all unfolds.

Sandra
08-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Just to add a bit more they should have at last asked if you would move instead of just doing.

I agree with Josey some compensation is due here.

Stormgirl
08-02-2008, 03:29 AM
I am curious to know which hotel chain this is.

TommiTN
08-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Not that this will help your situation (I wish I could, I really feel your pain and embarassment), but this sort of thing happens more often than you may think. I traveled frequently for my last job and I remember several incidents where the front desk screwed up and rented my room to someone else while I was still occupying it, or rented me a room that was still occupied. There are few things more disconcerting than to have the door to your room suddenly open and a total stranger walks in toting their luggage. Your incident certainly takes the cake! You will probably get a free night out of corporate, but, under the circumstances I wouldn't blame you a bit it you took your business elsewhere.

sara_also
08-02-2008, 04:28 AM
I understand your situation, but must question the thinking of the other guest. IE: I was once booked into a room, and when I got there I saw it was already in use.. I quickly closed the door and went back to the front desk to let them know. I did not stay in the room..Would you?????

Shelly67
08-02-2008, 05:11 AM
I too am most curious at what chain this hotel belongs too , and although I,m in UK I,d certainly name and shame em firstly on here then to the hotels head office . I,d be most direct in my complaint too . I hope you managed to get the managers name , the girl on front desk and any others concerned ?
Go get em !

vivianann
08-02-2008, 05:26 AM
I dont understand why the manager could not let you come back to the room with him to retreive you belongings, or make the other peaple move since your personal belongings were in the room. If I were you I would let them know how they were hiding and laughing at you when you were near the front desk, what they did was a total invasion of your privacy. I smell a lawsuit with this situation, and like the others have posted, we want to know how it all goes for you. I feel really bad for you. :hugs:

Sedona
08-02-2008, 05:34 AM
It's beyond horrible. If you want to keep it private, I understand, but I gotta ask. What hotel, what location?

waspookie6
08-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Hotels are subject to police investigation at the time it happens since it is considered "invasion of privacy and personal property" in all states. Unless the hotel can show an officer they have a warrant to allow anyone but hotel personnel in your room while you are still listed as the occupant and fees are paid, they can't even cite "suspicion of illegal activity" as it does not offer such provisions without legal jurisdiction prior to entry.
If the hotel can show proof of a flood, fire or other "reasonable" maintenance (toilet overflowing etc), no one is allowed to enter the room without your express permission. If they cannot reach you for permission, a log is kept of who entered the room, reason and specific activity while in the room.

As a matter of fact, you can request "personal damages" from the hotel and the members of the corporate board of directors as your personal identity has now be compromised. If you left anything at all that could enable anyone, even hotel personnel, the ability to steal your identity or identity theft, they are liable for full damages.

I'm not saying you should hire an attorney though a strongly worded letter to both the directing manager of the hotel and all corporate members will resolve this matter in a very timely manner. Identity theft is no laughing matter, it costs the average individual approximately $20,000 in a 6 year period to resolve due to filing fees alone.

Gisele
08-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Give them hell!:Angry3:

Tina Dixon
08-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Well now can't wait to see how this works out, keep us informed.

Amy Hepker
08-02-2008, 07:09 AM
I would call the main office and complain like I never have before, it is nobodies business what you have or had in your bags and it sure as hell was not right for them to move you without telling you first. I would threaten them with a lawsuit if they don't give you a lifetime free room.

mike47
08-02-2008, 07:27 AM
SatinDoll00,
Good luck. I can't believe something like that has happened. It sure would be embarrassing. I have traveled a few times with items that I like and I sure would have stressed out over that.
Please let us know how it turns out. Hopefully it won't make you not carry the things you like to relax in with you on future trips.
Take care

CharleneT
08-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Did you get a copy of that log ? If you didn't and they would still do so, I would try and get a copy. I have had a similar thing happen to me, fortunately without embarrassment though. Twice in fact, once where they gave away the room but we discovered that before anything happened and one where the person came up and opened the door. Your story should get some attention at corp headquarters! Little doubt they will give you a chit for a free room.

C.

jill s
08-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Did you check your room for cameras or bugs? I think Homeland Security is involved! Seriously that is crap!

Christen3042
08-02-2008, 08:26 AM
I probably would have said something like "Yes, everything is here except for my diamonds and the $1,200 in cash that was in the dresser."

Christinedreamer
08-02-2008, 08:32 AM
It is possible that a maid saw F&M clothing and ASSUMED there was another person(S) assigned to the room. The records showed one man registered and there are now clothes "obviously" belonging to a woman.

In addition, the new card key systems -if installed and programmed correctly- are connected to the registration system computers. The interconnect is SUPPOSED to block any new cardkey access to the same room by a new client until the original contract for room rental expires via checkout time/date or deliberate manual entry. The system is designed to prevent exactly what supposedly happened.

Personally I think it was an assumption on the part of the maid staff.

I have stayed in hotels and deliberately left stuff out and sometimes left my nightgown laying on the bed. I always came back to find it neatly hung up.

Once while staying in a hotel for an extended time on a long out of town job, the maids eventually did ask me if I always wore nightgowns or did I have someone sneaking in at night. After my original shock at the question, I "confessed" that I was guilty as charged. The floor supervisor came by one day as I was leaving and asked me where I bought my stuff as her hubby wanted her to wear that style at home for him to enjoy. She said after seeing me in mine, she wanted to see what HE would look like wearing them.

I gave her the info with a big smile.

Christine

Karren H
08-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Damn!!! That is unexcusable!!! I always leave all my things in my room, makeup on the counter, dresses hung up.... drawer full of fem things... shoes on the floor... matter it looks like a womans rooom since I take very littel male things along... lol But I have never had anything like that happen!! Ever!!! Go get up!!

Alex!
08-02-2008, 09:06 AM
What a horrible story. I sincerely hope your call results in action.

It is for this reason that I do not travel with Andrea's junk. I would be simply mortified by any exposure of my secret, even to strangers (hotel, TSA, etc.). Your story was compelling, and I felt myself in your shoes. I am so sorry you had to go through that, ruining what was an otherwise nice trip. Sometimes, the insensitivity of people stuns me, and this is especially the case of those whose professional purpose is to serve at customers.

TGMarla
08-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I'd be livid. It is simply inexcusable. I've stayed in many hotels, and one of the pleasures of travelling alone for me has always been having the liberty to freely hang my things up, having my makeup out and ready, and having the privacy to do as I please, knowing my belongings are safe and secure. This is an egregious violation that pushes the limits of belief. I'd want some kind of recompense for this, beginning with a complete refund of the price of my stay. I'd register the strongest complaint with the hotel, and I'd at least threaten a lawsuit.

And I, too, want to know what hotel did this.

MJ
08-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes I'm with everyone else on this as well , they have totally violated your rights.

but please be proud of who you are. what they did was wrong but hold your head up high .

and look for another hotel with a lot more class :hugs:

Kimberly Marie
08-02-2008, 11:06 AM
That is so wrong. Like you said what if the person there wanted to take your beloning's and you had more valuable things in there. And not to mention your privacy. I think if you wanted to press this matter they could be in big trouble.

StayceeCD
08-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Keep us posted on the outcome!

debbeelee1
08-02-2008, 11:42 AM
That was bad, real bad. I used to travel 100 days a year for work and now, as a truckdriver, the SO and I get a motel room every weekend while we're out on the road. The worst thing I ever had happen is to check in, get a key and go to my room only to find out it was already occupied by someone else! Thank God it was empty, I could have gotten blown away. I raised hell and got a voucher for 2 free nights (I didn't just want that visit free, because the company was paying for it).

That's it; raise hell, tell them you are going to sue unless you can have the whole hotel for a week and invite all of us from crossdressers.com for a big, week long CD'ing party!:rave:

Cheryl Anne
08-02-2008, 11:51 AM
An extra point to make to the person you talk to is that you have let others know (check the post and see how many have read this) and give them that number. Also tell them you haven't said what chain (even though we are all wanting to know), but let them know that if this isn't resolved to you liking you will tell them the chain and they can deal with the loss of money.

Cheryl Anne

PhillyGuy2Girl
08-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Satindoll,
I work in the hotel industry myself and first, they can't just move your stuff without your permission. Second,the person that was in your room, when they checked in and went up and saw your stuff in there,they should've just close the door,went back to the front desk and informed the staff that the room was occupied. Third, the manager should've let you go with him so you can remove your belongings. He had no right to tell you to wait here and he'll take care of it. Your privacy was violated. If you want to do this,get a lawyer and hit them with a lawsuit. You might have to explained about your CDing and might come out to all you know,but think about it.

Anyway,sorry to rant & rave,but when I hear things like this,it boils my blood. As a person who works in a hotel, I apologize for your horrible experience at that hotel. Lets us know how it works out.

Felicity :)

Wendy me
08-02-2008, 12:26 PM
what i don't get is all your things were in a room that they moved some one else into with out checking it out frist?????........hell yes call..........

Katie Lynn cd
08-02-2008, 01:46 PM
This happened once to me at a Hampton Inn. I get back from work and my room key does not work. However, I had unpacked my male clothes and left my female clothes in my luggage. The person at the front counter let me go in while she was with me to pack and move to new room. It was difficult to pack, but I don't think she noticed. Now I ALWAYS put the do not disturb sign up!

Katie

tracie674
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I also travel quite a bit for work and stay in the same hotel for a week. It's great to be able to leave your femme things in the closet or just laying around YOUR room. I always hang the donot disturb sign on the door and tell the house keepers that I wont be needing any service during the week. If I need towels etc. I just grab them off the cart or go to house keeping and ask for what I need. This generally keeps things private, but not always. Just this week I was in a Holiday Inn that I stay at frequently and was in bed tring to take a nap when there was a hard nock on the door, I yeld loudly that the room was occupied. A few seconds later I heard the card key in the lock and before I knew it, the door opened. I yeld again "OCCUPIED" and they said "sorry" and closed the door and left. Later I told the front desk and they didn't have a clue. I beleave that someone was trying to show off the newly remodeled room to a prospective guest. The diferent departments appently don't communicate. Any how, bottom line, if you don't want others to see your things, keep them in your suit case.

As for those electronic card keys, I don't know how many times I've gotten a card and have gone right to the room only to have the card not work. Or I'll be staying in a room from Monday to Friday and on Wednesday the card no longer works. Scares me that if I leave my room at night while dressed I may get back to my room and find that I can't get in. Could be rather embarasing.

Sallee
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Sue their ass You have a sure fire case Was it a big chain

Billie Jean
08-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd be livid. It is simply inexcusable. I've stayed in many hotels, and one of the pleasures of travelling alone for me has always been having the liberty to freely hang my things up, having my makeup out and ready, and having the privacy to do as I please, knowing my belongings are safe and secure. This is an egregious violation that pushes the limits of belief. I'd want some kind of recompense for this, beginning with a complete refund of the price of my stay. I'd register the strongest complaint with the hotel, and I'd at least threaten a lawsuit.

And I, too, want to know what hotel did this.I have only stayed at one hotel with my feme items and dressed. I left some clothing out when the maid cleaned the room and nothing was touched. Billie Jean

Fab Karen
08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I'd be pissed too. As someone mentioned, sounds like it'd be a good idea to ask how the key-card got re-programmed when you hadn't checked out yet.
Once in a motel they called my room in the morning & told me they needed to move me to another room as they had work scheduled for the room-( I think I had to leave my bag at the front desk until check-in time as cleaning had to be done first on new room ) that was a bit annoying, but nowhere near as bad as coming back to find someone else is in your room. That hotel does need to get some hell for that.

abundantly_me
08-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Like everyone else has previously stated. No way should this ever be happening.

It is up to management to make sure that the room is in order before they give the keys to the next person, there is simply no excuse when your luggage was clearly still in that room.

Complain, Complain, and then sue thier ass.

Get a settlement out of them, and never never stay their again!

Wish you could tell us the name, but I realize that may be a suit for libel, but damn hope I never stay there.

charlie
08-02-2008, 05:04 PM
It sounds like a total breakdown of their system. They obviously rented kyour room twice. I can't get why the new person would take a room with someone elses stuff in it though. Certainly, the new guest would have reported to the office that it was full of stuff before unpacking themselves.

SatinDoll00
08-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Sorry for the delay in my response. I am calling them first thing Monday morning. I know that if I call on a weekend, I will not get anyone that can do anything about it.

I have not disclosed the name of the chain, and yes it is a rather large chain here in the US, because I want to give them a chance to explain, and make it right before I go trashing them publicly.

However, if they don't do something for me, I am going to out them, the same way they outted me!! Only to a lot more people!

I have one other thing to consider in all this. My boss was the person that booked the room, and paid for it...since it was a corporate business trip. My concern is that if I make too many waves, they will get him involved. I do not want that! I think I can resolve this without it getting ugly. All I really want is an apology, and a free night or two as a token of their apology.

All and all, I guess it could have been worse. I could have been in the room dressed and had the guest they assigned to my room barge right on in! That would have been fun.

Either way, I am still angry, and I am not letting them off the hook.

TxKimberly
08-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Oh my God! I travel all of the time and would have completly freaking hit the roof! What hotel chain was this?

Tracy Hazel Lee
08-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Years ago, when I was still living with family, I would go out to hotels for the night and have some alone Tracy time.

Never, ever did I think that someone could (at any point) come into my room while I was there... Hearing about this is horrifying to me.

Like others have mentioned, I could feel your pain as I was reading the post. I really don't know how I would handle such a situation. I know for sure I would be QUITE upset at the management. (More pissed off than embarrassed)

That's completely unacceptable...

Christinedreamer
08-02-2008, 07:19 PM
In addition girls, even though the card key locks are SUPPOSED to be interlocked with the registration computer and then duplicate cards should not be possible, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS!!!! set the deadbolt locks on the door when you are in the room.

With the dead bolt turned, only a manager's master key card can override a standard card key. Housekeeping staff cannot open a deadbolted door- if all is set up correctly. In any event use the old fashioned mechanical deadbolts every time.

As for suing the hotel chain, what's the purpose? Complain the right way and get a free stay or dinner etc.
Only sue if your personal possessions are missing.
Save the courts for serious business.

I got billed 138.00 a few years ago for making 2- 10 minute calls from my room phone using my own phone card. Las Vegas to Los Angeles calls- 138.00!!

I contacted the hotel manager and then the corporate office. After some investigation on my part into the contract company charges on my phone bill aside from Verizon, I discovered the reason. The hotel was unaware their contract phone service had been slammed by an unscrupulous phone company and transmission shop.

The hotel chain investigated and sent me a comp for a 7day stay at any of their hotels in Vegas including 3 meals a day on them as they also discovered a few hundred other clients had been similarly affected but few complained and none investigated, so it was cussed about, paid and then forgotten.

It pays to work with people sometimes as opposed to suing just to sue. It also helps to keep rates lower.

Christine

Angie G
08-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I'd get a hold of corporate And rip someone A new a-s hole hun.I think doing that was unacceptable. Some thing you shouldn't just let go. :hugs:
Angie

Sally2005
08-03-2008, 01:16 AM
They might offer to make the visit free in which case your boss would be the one to benefit. Anyways, a good tactic is to ask for the explaination, then no matter what they say just keep saying how much it really upset you and you just can't believe it...and also mention what you want from them but make sure it is something they can give you and it should happen quickly and easily.

pinkeverything
08-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I have traveled for over 20 years for work as well as vacations and I have never heard of a hotel just arbitrarily changing a person's room. Outed or not I would have been outraged and probably on the phone to my lawyer. :Angry3:

I WOULD be on the phone with my lawyer.

Claire Cook
08-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Inexcusable! I would contact the hotel chain, manager, the works. Sounds like a total violation of privacy rights.

Go get 'em!

Claire

CD Susan
08-03-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree with everyone elses post before mine. This is totally inexcusable and you are due compensation. when this is settled please tell us the name of the hotel chain so everyone who is a member of this site can boycott them!

Deanna
08-03-2008, 03:42 PM
OMG!! Please, at some point, let us all know which chain this is so that they never again receive any of our business!

:Angry3:

AlysonCD
08-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I want to post my 0.02 on this since I'm am a maintenance engineer at a hotel. Once a key has been made, the only other keys that will open the door are maintenance keys, housekeeping, and emergency keys (e-keys) Yes, the computers at the front desk are connected with the key machine and if you go to make a new key to an occupied room thinking it's unoccupied, a message pops up saying that the room is rented and did you really want to make a new key. You can also make copies of the key as well. The copied keys don't interfere with the original one. Also, if you have your deadbolt on, the ONLY key that will open the door is the e-key. Those are usually kept in a secure location and you usually have to sign them out when using them. And if you are having to use them, then alot of people know you are needing to get in that room. One thing I would ask them to do if they haven't yet would be to interrogate the room lock. Any hotel that uses key cards can do this so don't let them say they can't. It will tell you which key opened the door, whether it was a housekeeping card/maintenance/etc, what time, and date. You can interrogate a lock 3 months (90 days)into the past. But from what I read, this was most likely either a front desk or hk mistake. My guess would be a nosy housekeeper that saw a man's name on the reg log and saw womans clothing in the room and assumed you had left and somebody else was checked in. This happens more then you think BUT the usual thing to do in that case would be to inhibit the lock until the situation is resolved. We actually had a sting happen here to try and catch somebody, but that's another story. Good luck and please let us know what the outcome is.

SatinDoll00
08-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the all the replies.

I just want to wait to post the name of the chain until I get a resolution, or don't.

If you want the name of the chain, please PM me...I will give it out that way until tomorrow when I can speak with someone there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On an off topic, I will throw this out there...

Marriott lost my business for life a while back because my entire wedding party, and almost 50 of our guests booked rooms at their hotel near our reception site for our wedding. They offerred to comp us the Honeymoon Suite since we were providing so much business to the hotel. The reception was over, and we took the limo to the hotel, only to find that they had extended the stay of the person that was in the suite, and had no room for us...on our wedding night!! :Angry3:

I bitched and bitched. But they did nothing for us. We ended up taking a cab home. Luckily the wedding was local. My wife was incredibly disappointed, and so was I.

The next day, I called their customer service number, and I was offered a free night at the same hotel.

Now what would I want a free night at a hotel that was only miles from my house??! They said this was all that they could do. I had some choice words for them, needless to say.

I will never stay at a Marriott property ever again if I can help it. So you know the chain in question is not Marriott. (there is a hint in the above story though)

TommiTN
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
AHA!! Yes, I've stayed at those hotels in the past, but no more! Thx for the hint!

Cary
08-03-2008, 05:28 PM
OMG! That sucks! Maybe this could be a Dateling NBC investigation?

Christinedreamer
08-03-2008, 06:05 PM
This whole thing was a simple yet possibly devastaing mistake on the part of Housekeeping, but it was just that - a mistake. Let's not get everyone's panties in a twist.

Just think about it folks, if you went into a room after checking in and saw someone else's clothes there what would you do? Drop your bags in the room and and go to dinner or march right back to the front desk with your bags to complain and get it straightened out?

As I suggested, Housekeeping probaby saw women's clothes in a room with one man listed as the registered occupant. I suppose the hotel considered two possiblities; the first a double booking by accident. The second, that a man checked in under a single person's rate and then snuck in a woman (3 dimensional as opposed to suitcase- contained). It happens all the time.

In that case the management would be within their rights as an inkeeper to check it out. Granted the methodology used was not the wisest but you also must consider their room rental policies. (to which you agreed in the signed room contract)

In either case a closeted or semi-private CD would /should think twice about making such a big stink.

Politely but firmly insist on an explanation and apology and suggest that a perk of some sort was in order. Most hotels would gladly comp you in some way as opposed to having bad publicity. But if you opt for bad publicity, remember that YOU may well be a target of that same bad publicity.

Now if your items were rifled or there was missing or damaged property, that is an entirely different matter.

Finally, in the scheme of things, if there is no loss or damage, is it worth getting so riled up? People make mistakes- always have and always will.

These message boards are full of stories about "us" making mistakes and getting caught, telling someone who outed us etc. Do we therefore impose self penitence?

Life is too short to get so worked up over little things.

Remember that sweat makes make-up run and it doesn't smell as nice as perfume.

OK I'm off my soap box now.

love to all,
Christine

Sally24
08-03-2008, 06:18 PM
As far as card keys not being duplicate......I know of several cases where people got their room number wrong and used their key on a nearby room, it worked!! When they noticed the clothing hung they left immediately! These are electronics systems run by humans. Neither is infallible. Having worked on computerized systems for years I can say that they are only as dependable as the engineers that designed them. When I'm going to be in the room for any length of time I put the "deadbolt" system on for added security.

donnalee
08-03-2008, 06:29 PM
I hope you can resolve this to your satisfaction. Did you get the manager's business card or at least his/her name? I'm pretty sure that corporate would like a nail to hang this one on.:bitchslap:
Please name the hotel chain and the particular hotel. If this is the way they treat guests, I doubt that anyone here would care to patronise them.:spank:

Sheri 4242
08-03-2008, 07:21 PM

What a horrible story. I sincerely hope your call results in action.

It is for this reason that I do not travel with Andrea's junk. I would be simply mortified by any exposure of my secret, even to strangers (hotel, TSA, etc.).

Oh my God! I travel all of the time and would have completly freaking hit the roof! What hotel chain was this?

Inexcusable!!! While I stay almost exclusively at Marriott for some of the reasons stated for not staying at one property or another (and I stay 100-plus nights a year), there is NO excuse for what you have experienced! Keep us posted on how it is resolved! (if you PM where this was, let me know.)

Good luck -- and let us know if/how any of us can assist you!!!

Sheri

Nicole Erin
08-03-2008, 08:34 PM
That is why I don't go to great lengths to hide the fact that I am CD. People love to out us. Sure I sometimes get a little embarrased when I get read but ultimately I could care less. It is the same temporary embarrasement a person gets when they hit their head or trip. Embarrasing but stand up and dust yourself off and go about your life...

Now for the hotel that did this, if that is the worst thing that has ever happened while lodging, that ain't too bad.

My worst experiences usually invole needing something for the room and not being able to find an English speaking housekeeper to ask for it. And this is in the USA. :brolleyes:

CarrieAnneEvers
08-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I was once in a hotel room at about 11 pm and the room next door had the TV turned up VERY loud. I tried calling the room next door, tried banging on the door. Clearly there was no one there, they just left the TV on loud while they were gone.

I asked the manager to go in a turn it down. They refused. Why? because it's ILLEGAL for them to go in there without the guest's permission unless it's an emergency.

I guess me not sleeping is not an emergency. But anyway it's not OK for them to go in there without your permission. :2c:

AlysonCD
08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I asked the manager to go in a turn it down. They refused. Why? because it's ILLEGAL for them to go in there without the guest's permission unless it's an emergency.

I'm sorry but no it isn't illegal. If a complaint is made, then management does have the right to go into a room. I've had to do this many times at my hotel

Kerrie Sifton
08-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Satin, the good thing about this is that you were outed in some respects and survived... phew. The sad thing is that some were giggling but let em....
As for the hotel, you should probably be able to get some compensation, a free room or two plus meals based on the inconvenience.

I am suprised the person who was in your room stayed... you never know they might have been trying on your dresses, just when the manager called!! (I would have... he he...and then left my email letting you know.)
and thats why the manager was a little flustered!!

PS if you've ever seen Karens makeup kit scattered about a bathroom, it might be an example for keeping others from taking over your room, cause its real obvious someone is there and its their space!!!
All the best. :D

ps. it was holiday inn who advertised in a superbowl commercial with a lovely transgender girl. thus maybe the holiday inn should get our business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FhjgxjAJxU

Kerrie

Shelly Preston
08-04-2008, 03:04 AM
This whole thing was a simple yet possibly devastaing mistake on the part of Housekeeping, but it was just that - a mistake. Let's not get everyone's panties in a twist.

Just think about it folks, if you went into a room after checking in and saw someone else's clothes there what would you do? Drop your bags in the room and and go to dinner or march right back to the front desk with your bags to complain and get it straightened out?

As I suggested, Housekeeping probaby saw women's clothes in a room with one man listed as the registered occupant. I suppose the hotel considered two possiblities; the first a double booking by accident. The second, that a man checked in under a single person's rate and then snuck in a woman (3 dimensional as opposed to suitcase- contained). It happens all the time.

In that case the management would be within their rights as an inkeeper to check it out. Granted the methodology used was not the wisest but you also must consider their room rental policies. (to which you agreed in the signed room contract)

In either case a closeted or semi-private CD would /should think twice about making such a big stink.

Politely but firmly insist on an explanation and apology and suggest that a perk of some sort was in order. Most hotels would gladly comp you in some way as opposed to having bad publicity. But if you opt for bad publicity, remember that YOU may well be a target of that same bad publicity.

Now if your items were rifled or there was missing or damaged property, that is an entirely different matter.

Finally, in the scheme of things, if there is no loss or damage, is it worth getting so riled up? People make mistakes- always have and always will.

These message boards are full of stories about "us" making mistakes and getting caught, telling someone who outed us etc. Do we therefore impose self penitence?

Life is too short to get so worked up over little things.

Remember that sweat makes make-up run and it doesn't smell as nice as perfume.

OK I'm off my soap box now.

love to all,
Christine

Well I for one would get my panties in a twist

Investigate by all means if you think there is a serious problem for the hotel

Why did they need to move her to a different room and all her things as the room is obviously occupied

The hotel must know its occupied if they have to move luggage :Angry3:

DanaR
08-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Wow, it is hard to imagine something like this happening.

Christinedreamer
08-04-2008, 04:00 AM
I must confess I am amazed that so many think that the situation actually involved two different individuals assigned the same room. Folks look at my previous posts and take a minute to reconstruct the scene.

No one will (honest individuals anyway) move into a room that is obviously occupied.

Opening the door EXPECTING an empty room and finding someone else there , yes, BUT NOT MOVING INTO AN OCCUPIED ROOM!

We have all had double booking circumstances but can anyone else honestly say they have had someone MOVE iNTO their room?

Get real.

Shelly Preston
08-04-2008, 04:08 AM
We have all had double booking circumstances but can anyone else honestly say they have had someone MOVE iNTO their room?

Get real.

YES

Sarasometimes
08-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Please let us know how they respond and which hotel this is so we can be aware. With the way they treated you , you owe them nothing. They should have comped you everything. i beg you to let this forum know for selfish reasons as well as a way of settleing up with them. I patronize places that do the right thing. Good luck and avoid the clothing angle. This is a huge security breach by the staff. Also why didn't the guest they placed there question the situation. The disrespect for the CD aspect shows how the staff feels about thier customers and that they need training in how to handle major misakes on thier part. the fact that the things found in your room by the manager were shared with others is disturbing. Good Luck and be firm.

karynspanties
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
I probably would have said something like "Yes, everything is here except for my diamonds and the $1,200 in cash that was in the dresser."

YES!!! That would have made them S#&t themselves! Where's my money??Where's my jewelry??? OMG that would have been good. You were violated...blatently. I would call corporate and file a complaint AND never stay with that chain again.

Katelyn
08-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I can't believe it!!! First off, I can't believe that they wouldn't Let YOU enter your room to collect your stuff, but they didn't mind letting someone else in when it was occupied. What? The rule doesn't apply to everyone? I would definately ask why they allowed it to happen. Secondly, I would bring it to their attention that when the other occupant called and said that your stuff was still in there, why didn't they tell those people that they have to be moved?? Would that have been so hard to do? Third I would push for the employee and Manager responsible to be fired or at minimum suspended for their illegal actions. And lastly, if what they offer isn't satisfying enough, I would definately contact a Lawyer. I hope all turns out well. Please let us know.

JillHill
08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Since I travel a lot. I would be interested in the Hotel that this happened. That has always been a fear of mine. Especially, since some hotels are paid for by my employer in advance and billed directly.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Folks look at my previous posts and take a minute to reconstruct the scene.

But that's just it, hon. That's just your reconstruction of it, that's not for sure what really happen.

I personally have not, but I have had someone else I know personally who is in the same industry as me and travels for the same reasons I do have it happen to him. He was booked into the hotel from Thursday through sunday in a town about an hour and a half away from the city we both live in. I don't remember the story 100%, however, I know that he had to come home one of those nights after work for some family issue and even though he had left his bags in the room, the hotel checked him out of the room and checked someone else in, and then that person checked out and took my friends bag with them. He still hasn't gotten his stuff back.

So it does happen.

Christine XX
08-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Holy cr@p! Imagine if you had been out en-femme for your first time shopping or sight seeing and had come back to being locked out and having to deal with such unprofessional front desk staff.

Just thinking about it makes me feel like diving deeper in to the closet. I think I need a stiff :drink:

-Christine

jo_ann
08-04-2008, 10:39 PM
I will never understand how businesses can run like this. Either the employees just don't care (I can just get a job at another place), or they think the customer won't do anything about it. I don't know how many times I've dealt with crappy employees at restaurants who dont' care about your food, or employees that work at electronics stores who can't give a crap.

SatinDoll00
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
UPDATE:

I spoke with their "customer care" department. My initial version of the story was this.

- I checked in, the first 2 nights were normal. On the 3rd night, I came back, and my key did not work. I went to the front desk, and they told me that I had been moved to another room. I inquired about the whereabouts of my things, and I was told that no one knew where they were. A manager went to the old room, which was now occupied, and retrieved my items without me being present.

The agent asked me if all of my belonging were accounted for. I told her yes.

She asked me if the staff was courteous. I told her, not really. She asked me to explain.

At this point, I really did not want to bring CDing into the issue, but it seemed as though this was going no where otherwise.

I then explained to the agent the entire story. This seemed to strike her as amusing...so I had to speak with her supervisor.

The gentleman that "helped" me seemed bothered by me and uninterested in what I had to tell him. He said that he had noted the incident, and that their corporate office would investigate the matter and provide me with an explanation, by mail, in 7 to 10 business days!

So. I wait. At this point, I am expecting nothing to be done about this. But I can tell you this...if I have my Choice of hotels in the future, it will not be this chain.

(hint #2 included)

pamela_a
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
The gentleman that "helped" me seemed bothered by me and uninterested in what I had to tell him. He said that he had noted the incident, and that their corporate office would investigate the matter and provide me with an explanation, by mail, in 7 to 10 business days!That would have instantly had me on the phone with HIS supervisor and if that resulted in no satisfaction then continue up the "food chain".
There is absolutely NO excuse for you to wait 7 to 10 days for their "excuse" to arrive in the mail. At this point it is a serious customer service issue and IMO their corporate office needs to be raked over the coals.

While others have theorized the reason for the move was the feminine clothing found in the room; their responses (or lack thereof) has far surpassed the outrage of their actions initially.

I think you have a choice to make (yes, I got it :) ) and girl, if I were you, I'd be ready to initiate a cat fight with whoever got in my way at this point. After being treated like you have been I personally wouldn't be willing to wait 7 to 10 minutes for a response from them.

Follow the motto of the 442nd regimental infantry and "Go for Broke". I imagine they believe you will "calm down" or "forget about it" if they stall long enough. Don't play their game. You are the customer and You are the one who has been wronged

Please keep us posted

Hugs.

-Paula-

Katelyn
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
my response.

OK, sir. I'll wait 7 to 10 days. hopefully the news and paper will wait the same amount of time when I call them up so you can hae time to explain why this happened and what you DID (past tense) about it. Also, you'll be in contact with the Better Business Bureau.

TommiTN
08-05-2008, 04:42 PM
my response.

OK, sir. I'll wait 7 to 10 days. hopefully the news and paper will wait the same amount of time when I call them up so you can hae time to explain why this happened and what you DID (past tense) about it. Also, you'll be in contact with the Better Business Bureau.

That will only work if she wants to out herself to the whole world. Right now the knowledge, and possible damage, is limited by the relatively small number of persons directly involved. If she goes to the media they are going to ask very embarrassing questions and publish the answers.

AmandaM
08-05-2008, 04:46 PM
They don't respect you, you might as well out them across the web.

Annaliese
08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Lost a corset out of my room I was staying at, to humiliated to report it.

Anna

SatinDoll00
08-05-2008, 05:32 PM
That is another thing that worries me when traveling with fem items. If the maids figure out that you are the one wearing the items, they may feel bold enough to help themselves to your items because they know you will not report it.

From now on, when I travel, my fem items stay inside my luggage when I am not in the room, and my luggage remains LOCKED.

I am going to wait for their response, and see what they have to say. The more I think about the more infuriated I get.

However, I try to see positive things in situations like this, so I will bide my time, and learn a lesson from the experience.

They better send me a really nicely worded apology and some kind of compensation though, otherwise, I will be making more calls.

Twyla
08-06-2008, 02:09 AM
You're right being upset for the way the hotel handled you.
As about the embarasment, at least for me, it would not be an issue. First of all, you may have female company in your room so it's not unusual to have female clothes there. Also you may be an actor. Or somebody involved in the fashion trade for women. There are many possibilities. Unless they see you wearing the clothes nobody can be sure what your status is.

Something similar happened to me. I worked night shifts. In the evening, before going to work I placed some food in a pot on the stove to heat it but I forgot about it and simply went to work leaving the pot there. After all the liquid evaporated it started smoking and filled the whole building with smoke. People woke up, they allerted the superintendent, she knocked my door but obviously nobody answered (I live alone). They had a key to my appartment opened the door, entered and turned off the stove. In the appartment there were scattered everywhere women's clothes. Too many to invoke a female guest or anything alse.

Well, that's it, I even had no reason to blame somebody, it was my fault.

In the end it was actually a big relief, I'm no longer under pressure and concern to hide my "problem" because everybody already knows it.

baby beluga
08-06-2008, 04:01 AM
That is another thing that worries me when traveling with fem items. If the maids figure out that you are the one wearing the items, they may feel bold enough to help themselves to your items because they know you will not report it.

From now on, when I travel, my fem items stay inside my luggage when I am not in the room, and my luggage remains LOCKED.

As someone who worked at the same kind of hotel you stayed at, I can assure you the housekeepers don't know shit about the people who stay in the rooms. All they know is that the room is either dirty/clean and occupied/unoccupied, and the only housekeeper who even has knowledge and credentials to use the property management system is the head housekeeper. And even then, she's more concerned about making sure all the rooms are cleaned on time than whose rooms might be occupied by crossdressers.

I am going to wait for their response, and see what they have to say. The more I think about the more infuriated I get.
You probably would have gone a lot farther by making up a bunch of BS about how you've been a loyal customer to their chain, are a frequent guest, have always been extremely satisfied with the service until now, and don't want them to lose your patronage. I imagine if you acted all concerned and stuff the corporate person you talked to would have bent over backwards to make sure they didn't lose someone.

Michelle_NY
08-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Give them hell gf. The FREAKING nerve of these asswipes
unreal

cosmolovesph
08-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Completely unreal how the company has made the "Choice" to handle this entire situation so far...

The front desk / manager.. i would have come unglued or had the local PD on the horn.

Then the so called "customer care" and how they handled that with a "letter in 7 to 10 days" WTF is that? ...

I understand this could be a bit of a fine line that you don't want to "cross" :doh: so you are not outed more... but wow.. i am so sorry this is how they are handling you, your business and this situation.

27th Jennifer
08-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I work in an upscale hotel, and I don't think anyone on staff would ever dream of doing anything like that to invade a guest's privacy. When we need to move someone for maintenance related issues, we ALWAYS contact the guest first, and never move or touch anything without the guest being there. If the lock is a little older, and a new key is made, it renders all previous keys unuseable. (I hope it's not my chain, or I'll be embarrassed!)
Ana

TrekGirl1701
08-06-2008, 01:26 PM
So sorry that had to happen to you.

You have a right to not have your privacy invaded when staying at a hotel. It's up to you whether or not you want other people to know about your crossdressing. And now they won't take you seriously because of it? That sort of thing makes my blood boil.

I had to deal with my privacy being invaded when I was growing up. It's like no one in my family knew the meaning of the word. If they wanted to borrow something that was in my closet, they wouldn't ask. They would help themselves and if they happened to see my hidden stash of clothes then what could I say? If they ever did find anything they sure didn't say anything to me about it, but it's still frustrating.

27th Jennifer
08-06-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry but no it isn't illegal. If a complaint is made, then management does have the right to go into a room. I've had to do this many times at my hotel
If you have a do not disturb sign, no one is going to knock on the door. If there is a complaint, however, yes, someone will enter the room to resolve the problem. ALWAYS put out the privacy sign and close the security latch. I use an e-key (I'm a dept manager) and have gone to room for a repair job, only to find the room was rented and occupied between the time I checked the computer downstairs and when I reached the room. I've over-ridden deadbolts and had to apologize profusely!

Autumndawn
08-06-2008, 01:41 PM
So sorry to hear about all of your troubles with this Hotel chain. I also commend you for your courage to take this issue up with the corporate office.
If I had been in that situation, I would be upset,but I also would have just been thankful all the belongings had been retrieved.
I think you've found your best solution to this unfortunate problem though.
When I travel, I keep all my "femme things" packed. My fear is that housekeeping "probably" knows that the room is single occupancy, and might suspect an additional person if male and female clothing were found. I also used to take great strides to clean up anything that might indicate a "feminine" stay as well.
:eek: Liz

baby beluga
08-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Can anyone else who has worked at a hotel confirm that housekeeping doesn't know anything about the room's occupants?

TxKimberly
08-07-2008, 06:55 PM

. . .

Nah, I travel a LOT and am typically in a different hotel each week. In over eight years of doing this, I've never hidden my stuff and never had reason to regret it. If you think about it, the house keeping staff are the last people you need to worry about. They KNOW they are going to be the first person suspected if something goes missing and would have to be nuts to take something.
Besides, at the risk of sounding naive, just because they don't make a hell of a lot of money doesn't mean the cleaning staff are likely to turn to a life of crime. From what I've seen, most are single mothers doing their damnedest to make a living and they aren't going to risk their job to swipe your skirt. ;-)

docrobbysherry
08-07-2008, 07:09 PM
The Cartier solid gold with diamonds one, that turned up missing? U forgot about it because it was packed in a separate gift box for your ________!
Maybe u can settle with them for half the $25,000 watch value!?

Princess29
08-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Hope you get it resolved to a satisfactory level, best of luck

curse within
08-07-2008, 08:27 PM
What happen to you was bad enough but what really gets me is the professinal manner or the there lack of from the staff! That is B.S. everyone has a fetish never the less most do not want to be exposed if the shoe was on the other foot I am sure they would have acted more professinal.If the staff would have acted as if nothing happened and confessed to thier error nobody would have been the wiser, instead they giggled ,gave you ghoulish looks and made you feel as a circus act. That is not right at all I would demand respect no matter what my clothing I had while staying at thier hotel.

Nicki B
08-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Nah, I travel a LOT and am typically in a different hotel each week. In over eight years of doing this, I've never hidden my stuff and never had reason to regret it.
:yt:

Ditto.

Christinedreamer
08-08-2008, 02:23 AM
To those who think it wise to claim that there was expensive jewelry oer cash in a room that was "invaded"by another guest or staff I suggest you think that idea through again.

All hotels are insured and indemnified against such claims.

All hotels clearly state that jewelry, cash and any other valuables be stored in their on-site safe or in-room safe to be covered, otherwise their liability is quite small.

In addition, if you decide to try such a scam, you are opening yourself to serious investigation and possible prosecution that far outweighs the humiliation you felt from the original staff invasion of your privacy. You also lower yourself to a position of greater irresponsibility than the hotel staff you originally complained about.

The most practical solution is to inform the hotel staff that , in the spirit of good public relations, you expect to be compensated in some manner for the disturbance.

Without legally acceptable proof of a robbery, assault or other actual criminal activity you have zero chance of recouping anything in court and the lawyers for the hotel will have no compunction about revealing ALL that was seen in the room or deduced by the staff upon entering the room. They can use any excuse to justify the entry. You will have to PROVE it was malicious or extreme carelessness AND that you have suffered an actual loss.

I understand being frustrated and angry but is it really worth all the raised blood pressure expressed here?:2c:

victoriamwilliams1
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
This is amazing! They had no right to move your items without notifying you. After reading the response from the office I would by pass then and go to the top of the company even if that means calling them every 2 hours! My response to the 7-10 days would be, "You have 3 days before my attorney gets involved to resolve this" I understand that the legal system is bogged down however we must look at this from not only from a TG perspective but from what if you did not have any fem items on you? Would the situation be different or the same?

This could be a legal issue due to the fact they have it noted and it may be reported as well if you left your room dressed they could have it on video that you are a TG, hotels do record everything. The next part is that since this was paid for by the business and not you personally you may want to make sure your privacy is protected from your employer, I would seek legal council personally and not leave anything out in case they send information back to your employer. You could always call the local news station and report to them what happened and that you would like t be anonymous on camera.

I would love to see what happens

Jaydee
08-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi all,
I have been following this thread for a few days, and thought I would throw in my 2cents.
I spend may nights a month in various hotels. I always have my femme gear, and so far I have never had a similar problem. The times that housekeeping has obviously seen the femme stuff they usually hung it up or folded it neatly. No problems.
There is no excuse for the behavior of the front desk personnel, but what I find most astounding is that someone would move into a room that was obviously still occupied by someone else, whether it was a mistake by the front desk or not. How rude!
One time I was given a key by the front desk and it didn't work, neither did the replacement. I had security come to open the door. When he opened the door, there was a couple in the bed. Needless to say they were not pleased. Very embarrassing.
I have had people try to walk in on me several times. I ALWAYS use the do not disturb sign even when I am not in the room, and engage the chain or deadbolt.
Good Luck Satin Doll.
Jaydee

Sarasometimes
08-08-2008, 12:18 PM
UPDATE:

I spoke with their "customer care" department. My initial version of the story was this.

- I checked in, the first 2 nights were normal. On the 3rd night, I came back, and my key did not work. I went to the front desk, and they told me that I had been moved to another room. I inquired about the whereabouts of my things, and I was told that no one knew where they were. A manager went to the old room, which was now occupied, and retrieved my items without me being present.

She asked me if the staff was courteous. I told her, not really. She asked me to explain.

At this point, I really did not want to bring CDing into the issue, but it seemed as though this was going no where otherwise.

I then explained to the agent the entire story. This seemed to strike her as amusing...so I had to speak with her supervisor.

The gentleman that "helped" me seemed bothered by me and uninterested in what I had to tell him. He said that he had noted the incident, and that their corporate office would investigate the matter and provide me with an explanation, by mail, in 7 to 10 business days!

So. I wait. At this point, I am expecting nothing to be done about this. But I can tell you this...if I have my Choice of hotels in the future, it will not be this chain.

(hint #2 included)
I believe that they allowed a huge breach of security by what they did regardless of the CD aspects. I would call back and stress that they put a stranger in your room without any regard for your privacy or possessions. How could this happen. They put someone else in your room during your stay. What would have happened if you were in your room showering or whatever when the new person walks in. They didn't account for your stuff until you returned to the hotel to let them know what happended. The CD part just shows the total lack of prfessoinalism by the management and staff. The contents of your stuff should have been shared with no one. I would get ahold of corporate ASAP. Good luck and I think i got the subtle clue but if i was you i would tell the points i mentioned to every you know to alert them to the lack of security at this chain.

darla_g
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
that is a pretty horrible thing to have happen. I would never leave all my stuff out though. it is always packed up and just luggage full of clothing. Non one should ever being going through it.

GINA-CD
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Holy cr@p! Imagine if you had been out en-femme for your first time shopping or sight seeing and had come back to being locked out and having to deal with such unprofessional front desk staff.
-Christine

Well Christine, you haven't read my story yet.... that actually happened to me a couple months ago... Story here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80074)

The only good thing was that I got creative and demanded someone went up to help me instead of having to go down, but the horror when card didn't work is something I'll never forget!

On the other hand, it's amazing the did that... simply can't understand how they even considered doing it! Hope you get at least an apology Satin because from the answer they gave you, I don't think they'll do anything more than that.

waspookie6
08-08-2008, 04:12 PM
UPDATE:

(hint #2 included)
I've been following this as well (when I can find it) and two things come to mind:

You told your story and some executive wearing pantyhose under his for work pants is wondering how to go about this without drawing attention to himself as well......

And the second is now I know which chain you are talking about and have told DH who's company books entire floors with them for their employees. DH told HR he knows of a case where they moved items without the guest present and that could cause a breech in national security if it happened to any one of them so guess what?

They took that hotel chain off their national list which books up to 500 rooms minimum per year, opting for a different choice in hotels for their employees sticking to one chain, not "lowest price garantee". Besides, most weren't offering wifi at all their locations and kept screwing up on booking and billing.
:devil:

Hope it makes you feel a little better to know that much at least :hugs:

AlysonCD
08-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Can anyone else who has worked at a hotel confirm that housekeeping doesn't know anything about the room's occupants?

If they know anything, it's just the name of who the room is rented to. They usually don't know how many people are in there, just the actual name of the person who rented it. So, in essence, you could rent a room and put 6 people in there, and it wouldn't/shouldn't make any difference to the housekeepers.

cosmolovesph
08-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Nice one waspookie6, I was checking for updates and liked your post!

linnea
08-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I am curious to know which hotel chain this is.

I would like to know the name of the motel/hotel too. When I have traveled en femme (only a few times), I have had no trouble at all. If I had had this happen to me, I would definitely find out the policies, contact a high official of the organization, express my anger, and expect restitution.
Your treatment in this was appalling.

SusanLaine
08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
I've traveled for work for about 20 years and stayed in many hotel chains around the world and in that time I've been given key cards only to find the room already occupied or had someone try to enter my room because they were just assigned the same room. This has happened maybe 2-3 times to me after probably 1000-2000 nights in hotels.

So here's my take:

- Yes, it stinks that they would do this and if you want to pursue it you may have a legal right - only your lawyer can tell.
- It's not worth the fight, headache, agony or potential outing so drop it and go on with life
- Tell all of us the chain and don't give them any more business - vote with your feet and we will help
- If you're boss is making your hotel arrangements then I would be extra careful and extremely discrete when traveling - ask for a travel agent to do this work or book online yourself
- When I stay in hotel room, enfemme or not, i assume that I need to take extra precautions
- always dead bolt the door when you're in the room
- deploy the Do Not Disturb card to keep housekeepers out of the room whenever anything valuable or sensitive has to be left in the room
- try to put things away, out of site as much as possible or convenient
- assume that housekeeping is going to search for valuables in your room - laptops, cameras, ipods or any hot clothes like valuable corsets and so on
- if you travel to certain countries, assume your room will be thoroughly searched and everything noted and copied (papers, hard drives) by their secret service if you're in any sensitive field
- Laws governing hotels vary somewhat by state but it's safe to say that a lot of hotel managers weren't straight A students in hotel management school - expect them to be clueless at least some of the time. One interesting fact I learned in at least one state was that once you check in to a room you can stay as long as you want and must be legally evicted. So, that is why sometimes hotels will make you sign an extra document stating that you will, in fact, check out on time.

Lastly, it's simple, as CDers, even if you don't care who knows, we can be vulnerable as you're discovering. It sinks, it's wrong on several levels and I don't like it one bit but it's going to happen, thanks for sharing your story and I, for one, will help you "vote with your wallet" as a response to this.

Sorry this happened...Sue

cosmolovesph
08-10-2008, 09:13 AM
while we are not (at this point) completely outing the chain, look thru the previous posts, the name is in the posts (normally in BOLD) ;)

bridget thronton
08-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Except if I am reading your "hint" correctly that are at least nine name plates listed on the corporate home page.

IMJenn
08-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I really can't believe something like this could happen. That's ridiculous

Melinda G
08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I still don't understand how they could rent the room to someone else, with your belongings still in it.

Susan Dee
08-10-2008, 04:37 PM
This is simply terrible. I can only begin to imagine the cold feeling you experienced when it all started to happen when you got back to the hotel.

Not only did they plan for you to move rooms without asking you (what sort of management is that), but they allowed another guest to move into the room you already had and then wouldn't let you collect your own property.

After violating your privacy they then humiliate you both as a guest and a human being when you complain. There doesn't seem to have even been any simple courtesy to you. It just makes me want to hide further in that closet.

I can understand that you don't want to make too much trouble as you were travelling on business and don't want word to get back to your employer.

Fortunately when I travel I pay my own bills and then claim back on expenses, but I am so careful not to leave things. Our monthly team meetings always meant us staying at the same hotel for a couple of nights. One of my co-workers always seemed to be nosing around, and I guess he thought I must be having an affair with another team member. If he only knew that the "other woman" I was with was me :heehee:

A few years ago I did get allocated a room that already had someone else already in. Fortunately they were out but as soon as I stepped in the room it was clear that it was already occupied and I went straight back to the desk. Many apologies, and they put it down to mixing the room numbers up.

A car salesman I know says his best customers are those that keep coming back, and recommend his company to others. It works the other way too. I read somewhere that if you have good service somewhere you tell 5 other people, but if you have bad service you tell 20. Well I guess there's more than 20 of us who will aim to ensure that these people do not get our business in future.

I do so hope that this all gets sorted out right for you. One good thing has come out of it - you have so many of us here who understand and who care.

Susan

JeneeDavis
08-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I have to put my 2 cents in and tellmy stories.

I think you should let it drop if they don't offer something when they get back to you. Being that your bosses name was on the reservation - way too easy to backfire if you push it. Publish the hotel chain name here for all to see... I know I will never stay at this hotel chain - once I know the name.

about 12 years ago i went to my first Be-All in Chicago. I was excited at being able to stay dressed for a few days and was staying alone. About 7:30 on the second day (I think it was a Friday) My phone rings... I answer and they ask me if I was "... so and so..." (My real name).. then they proceeded to say would I be willing to go on the air (local radio staion) to talk about my crossbressign and the Be-All!!! I freaked out... told them no way.. and hung up... i sat there for a while totally freaking out... they knew my real name.. and that I was a crossdresser... I have relatives in the area...what if they said my name on the air?? whaty if they (my relatives) were listening???... I was totally freaking out now... I went downstairs to the lobby (not en fem) and spoke with one of the organizers - we went to the hotel management - and they denied that anyone gave out my name to anyone.. (NO one knew I was there). Well - long story short - nothing happened... but i was really nervous the rest of my stay there.. I thought i had been outed. My company's home office was in the Chicago area... I really thought i was dead meat... (I never went back to that hotel either!)

The 2nd event occured a few months ago (last fall) - A girlfriend and I decided to head to Hunters in the Chi burbs. We had stayed in the hotel next to the bar quite a few times and never had any problems. That night we noticed that several men were walking around the parking lot, I figured they were looking for prostitutes and would leave us alone. At about 1:30 we headed back to the room to freshen up and maybe do an outfit change... when we had a knocking at our door... some guy wanted to come in!! We yelled go away - and that we were calling the police... he seemed to go away.. but we were still nervous.. he came back several times asking to come in... I stripped off my makeup and changed back to boy clothes fast and as my roomy was heading into the shower I headed out to scope around and make sure the creep had left.. I walked all the way accross the lot and did not see him or anyone else walking around. I turned around to go back when i saw him come around the corner and stop at our door...he reached down to the door and apparently used a key - the door opened and he went in!!!! I SPRINTED accross the lot and burst in the room.. He was standing beside one of the beds lookng at the suitcase full of clothes there... I yelled at him to get the "f" out. He turned towards me, mouth open, but was not moving to the door... my room mate stuck her head out of the bathroom asking me what was up. She saw the guy just as I threw a round house right and dropped him like a bad habbit!
I picked him up and kneed him in the face (dropping him again). Then I grabbed him by the back of his coat and threw him out the door... WOW - amazing what adreneline can do for you! (and 4 years of karate! - lol!)
He got up and ran off... My room mate came out with a towel wrapped around her asking what the hell had just happened! I explained to her what had occured and then we discovered that I had literally knocked him right out of his shoes!!! LOL!! They were laying on the floor right were he was standing.. I then threw them out into the parking lot. It turns out he had gone to the front desk and asked for a key to our room - and they gave him one! With no id!! Last time we ever stayed there!! We did not want any hassle - the "fun" night was over - neither of us slept well...and we both left rather early the next day. So these things do happen.. best to plan ahead in case things do happen. I always pack boy clothes and leave them in my car along with a towel and makeup remover. And always take my car key with me.. just in case...you never know what might happen...

I hope this works out for you... but is your job worth a free night at a hotel you probably NEVER want to go back to ever again?!?!
Hugs.
Jen

TrekGirl1701
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Wow, Jenee, I am in shock over your second story. I'm glad you and your roommate are all right.

CarolDonna
08-11-2008, 11:37 PM
If you have a do not disturb sign, no one is going to knock on the door.

I dunno about that. Around ten years ago I was staying at the Waldorf Astoria. I had the "do not disturb" sign on the door. I also had the chain on the door. At around nine in the morning, housekeeping tried to enter the room. The chain stopped them from doing so, but there was a mirror on the wall and I'm sure they saw me in my thigh-highs.

cosmolovesph
08-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Wow Jenee, be glad that was the worst of it with him in your room... WOW!! :doh:

scary how these places just let anyone get a key sometimes... wow!

PhillyGuy2Girl
08-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Jenee,
That second story was shocking.

First,the front desk shouldn't have gave him a key. Since they didn't ask for ID,that makes them liable. I work in the hotel business and if someone comes and say they need a new key,we have to ask for ID and make sure they're in the system. If we don't follow procedures,you get fired,no if,ands or buts.

If it was me, I would've loved to drop kick him while dressed femme. He would always have to live with the thought that he got his behind kicked by a CDer.

Felicity :)

wannabie
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
gI don't mean to offend you but did this really happen? Why keep the name of the hotel out? we all want to know. Do you realize that you have an obligation to share it with your sisters in the fourm.

Not all hotels are the same. a few years ago I spent some nights at a Best Western chain (in drab), one in Boston and the other in Vermont. in Boston I was treated with courtesy and respect. The staff was friendly and nice and I loved it there, I didn’t want to leave.
Same chain, but in Vermont. The worst experience ever. Bad service, ;even worst staff and It seemed that I was singled out. They were nicey nice to certain groups of people than others (if you know where I’m going). I was so upset when I left Vermont it made me sick. I began to wonder if the whole state was like that.
I didn't blame best western but the people that owned that franchise, but best western had an obligation because their name is on it.

My point is, it depends on hotel but not the chain and if something’s wrong complain to everyone and tell people not to give them your business; or at least let people know your experience from that place NAMING IT!!! . you will spare a lot of people problems.

I made another trip to Vermont last year and stayed at another hotel. I saw the hotel I stayed at the last time and they had lost their Best Western name. It’s called something else now. enough people compain and they change things. I know I’m not going to stay there anymore.

so, what was the name of the hotel? I don't think anyone here would want the experience you had.

Genifer Teal
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
What a waste of our time. 5 pages of comments and still you have not posted what hotel this was? I am sorry for what happened. Why bother mentioning it if you won't tell us where? I won't be checking this thread any more. As cor Choice hotels, I have never heard of them so I probably wound't have ever stayed there anyway.

Gen

bgirl
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I think you should let us know where and then we can all call!!

PaulaPts
08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm just as shocked as all the other girls here. You must have been beside yourself. Hotels do make mistakes but the fact you were moved after 3 days sends a very clear message. If you can find a good TG supportive lawyer perhaps you can get a good settlement.

Can you tell us the hotel chain or town?

:sad:

Paula

wannabie
08-12-2008, 10:23 PM
This story has to be an exaggeration. why keep the hotel a secret unless you own it or have stock in it.

tell the truth. Did it happen to you or did it happen to someone you know?

cosmolovesph
08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Folks... the name of the hotel has been posted several times in the thread in many posts in BOLD by the "CHOICE" of SatinDoll00.

Until SatinDoll00 has reach the point that she feels that she completely wants to says the name... READ the thread (even this post) and you will see the name of the chain.

tracigirl_tv
08-13-2008, 10:47 AM

Kristen, you beat me to it :)

tracigirl_tv
08-13-2008, 10:53 AM
... ...you never know what might happen...

Jen

Jenee, that is totally amazing. I was actually cheering out loud for you as I read how you "evicted" your unwelcome visitor.

Honey, if you ever come to Philly, you have a safe place to stay *huggg*

Traci

Shelly Preston
08-13-2008, 11:04 AM
gI don't mean to offend you but did this really happen? Why keep the name of the hotel out? we all want to know. Do you realize that you have an obligation to share it with your sisters in the fourm.

Why would anyone be under any obligation to post what they choose not too

What a waste of our time. 5 pages of comments and still you have not posted what hotel this was? I am sorry for what happened. Why bother mentioning it if you won't tell us where? I won't be checking this thread any more. As cor Choice hotels, I have never heard of them so I probably wound't have ever stayed there anyway.

Gen

Why is this a waste of your time you are being told that something happened and to be aware it could happen to you

Remember this still has to be resolved
Just because you want to know it does not mean you have to be told:Angry3:

You have to consider all the facts
Like being in the closet is a big consideration in what you might be told

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Wow, I have read all the post's here on this subject and it covers from one end to the other in reply. You certainly were "violated" and should have gotten a better response from the company and from the hotel management. The chain may not be the problem so I really don't care what chain unless I find out that they are known for this type of thing. I would much rather know what city and hotel so I can avoid that particular hotel.
I always leave my fem clothes out and have never thought about housekeeping doing anything with my clothes. I guess anything can happen but why should we have to do anything differently than anyone else does at a hotel. Honestly I do not think the mistake was precipitated because of your crossdressing it was probably an honest mistake, a horrible one but it would have been much easier to swallow with some bonifide compassion from the management and from corporate. I was in Florida last week at Marriott Grand Vista resort for the week and the people in the suite next door had a raucus party from 10:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m. and I could not get management or security on the phone to resolve the issue. I handled it myself by knocking on there door and letting them no that there party had gone on long enough and if they wanted to continue I would contact the police. Now I did not want to do that but I got no help from the hotel so I had to. The next morning I explained my problem to hotel staff and management and there response was less than acceptable so I will no longer stay at that Hotel/ time share resort. I also cancelled my purchase so they will get the message and maybe handle some one elses future problems better. Hope you find acceptable closure on your situation.

Christinedreamer
08-13-2008, 04:05 PM
I would have to ask after all the back and forth about this why no one has asked the question WHY.

WHY would a hotel that had one paying guest in a room move the person to another room to replace guest 1 with guest 2?

Two people accidently assigned to the room makes a somewhat more plausible situation but switching guests for the same room does not.

Anxiously (?) awaiting updates,

Christine

Celeste
08-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Gosh, I feel like their lucky you just didn't start choking everyone in sight.

Melissa A.
08-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Gosh, I feel like their lucky you just didn't start choking everyone in sight.

yep. For better or worse, that's what I probably would have done

Good luck, and I'm sorry you had to experience this.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

SatinDoll00
08-17-2008, 06:04 PM
An Update:

As of Friday, they offered me one night's stay, free, at the same location.

The problem is, I will likely never need to visit that location ever again.

I am calling them tomorrow (Monday) to see if they will extend that to a different location.

By the way...it would not be fair to all of you, my sisters, for me not to disclose the name of the hotel chain. It was Comfort Suites, and the chain behind them is Choice Hotels. They are franchised, so not every Choice hotel is owned or operated by the same folks.

I just wanted to share what happened and hope none of you have the same experience.

SatinDoll00
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM

Gen

Sorry. I had not checked in on the forum in some time. Again, I wanted to see what they would do before I posted the name of the hotel.

Also, several people that I know, including my boss, know what happened to me (with all of the crossdressing parts left out). It would not take much for a smart person to put two and two together and figure out who I really am. But, after reading some of the comments, I decided that I did in fact owe it to the other crossdressers here to let them know which chain and which hotel brand it was.

Sorry if some of you doubt my story. Not much I can do to convince you...but I will say this, I learned a lesson from the experience...and if you travel with fem items, you should learn from it as well.

You can doubt me, that's fine. As a whole, it seems that crossdressers are not very trusting people sometimes, and I can understand why. Just take what I related to you here, and do with it as you wish.

Thanks,
Morgan

bridget thronton
08-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I do not think any one doubts your story (we are just hoping we don't have the same thing happen to us).

Jodi
08-17-2008, 07:48 PM
AS was said above, each Choice Hotel is individually owned and run. It would be unfair to hold every Comfort Inn, Clarion Inn, etc liable for what happened.

The girls night out in Warren, Ohio has been going on for over 5 years. The preferred hotel for the girls to stay is the Comfort Inn in Downtown Warren. They totally buy into the GNO concept and encourage the girls to stay there. There is even a special rate given to girls coming into town for GNO.

Jodi

Genifer Teal
08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
AS was said above, each Choice Hotel is individually owned and run. It would be unfair to hold every Comfort Inn, Clarion Inn, etc liable for what happened.

The girls night out in Warren, Ohio has been going on for over 5 years. The preferred hotel for the girls to stay is the Comfort Inn in Downtown Warren. They totally buy into the GNO concept and encourage the girls to stay there. There is even a special rate given to girls coming into town for GNO.

Jodi

So does the Comfort Suites in Danbury. Similar type GNO event.

Gen

wannabie
08-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Tell me about he special rates. I usually pay about $120 a night.

Jodi
08-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Tell me about he special rates. I usually pay about $120 a night.

Ask for the special rate. I only pay about $65/night.

Jodi

PamelaTX
08-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Ask for the special rate.

In fact I almost never pay the original asking price. I can almost always negotiate it down. If there was something unsatisfactory, but not unacceptable, about the room you can sometimes negotiate a lower rate when you're checking out.

You can save those dollars for more pantyhose!

marny
09-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Forget posting here. send them a letter and tell them that you're reporting to every major newspaper in the U.S. and Canada.

marny
09-10-2008, 10:09 PM
maybe it isn't the chain. just an individual with poor judment. happened to me 30years ago .Upsetting ,but get over it. your report sounds like the manager was very respectful

Emily Faye
09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I worked in the hospitality industry for six years and that would have never happened there! I hope you really gave it to them!