PDA

View Full Version : All about you

Abraxas
05-20-2005, 04:49 AM
I thought we should have an area to just chat about things you like to do or whatever, that don't relate to transgenderism so we can just get to know each other on a more personal level. Tell us anything you'd like about yourself. We need to get the chat level up in here guys!

So I'll get the ball rolling and tell you some things about myself.

I'm almost 19. I'm a musician, and I play 9 instruments (piano, guitar, bass guitar, drums, ukulele, harmonica, lap harp, violin, and mini sitar) and sing. I also arrange music for choir and instruments on the computer. I've never taken lessons for any of the instruments I play, except for a little bit of piano.
I have a fear of toilets, especially automatic ones.
I'm interested in astronomy, and love stargazing and looking through telescopes. I subscribe to Astronomy Magazine and love looking at the pictures of nebulae, stars, planets, comets, supernovas, etc.
I'm into physics, on a conceptual level, but am numerically dyslexic so have a bit of trouble with math. I know the concepts but always get the numbers mixed up and end up with the wrong answers so I could never be an astronomer, or even an astronomical photographer, which is a real interest of mine.
I'm an artist as well, and do pencil drawings. I draw people. There's some of my art on my websites if you'd like to check it out.
I'm a writer, too. I've been published several times. I write poetry, screenplays, short stories, and have written a second- draft of a novel.
I absolutely love Eddie Izzard. And the band Queen.
I'm a collector and will collect anything having to do with Izzard and Queen (CDs, VHS, DVD, photos, magazines, posters, autographs, etc.)
I've met Izzard and have emailed back and forth several times with Brian May, the guitarist from Queen.
I love animals. I also love kids and want to have a few. Their names will be Brian Dominic, Sebastian Edward, and Emily Castiza.
I have a fascination with clothing, and like to mix up my styles. For stage gear, I'll wear anything from leather to silk, and like to dress in clothes from romantic/ victorian eras and such.
My favourite TV shows are Roseanne, the Simpsons, and Montel.
I like to play hockey, soccer, and baseball, and am a good ice skater and rollerblader. My endurance/ stamina is lacking though so I can't really be a soccer player until I build it up. I get winded after about 5 minutes of ballhandling/ goal- kicking exercises, so I need to work out and build up my endurance. I'd like to be able to be on a soccer team.
I've travelled through Europe (London, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, and Vienna) and am planning on going back to Berlin next summer.
I'm going to the University of Utah, and am currently in an acting class. It's pretty fun so far (although I've only been to 2 classes so far). Next semester I'm going to take German so I'll be able to speak fairly fluently by the time I go back to Germany.
I'm an Anglophile and like to use British spelling, wording, and phrasing.
I'm good at doing accents and dialects. I took a class on it last semester. I can do several British dialects, including Dublin, as well as French, Indian (dots not feathers), Russian, Southern, New York, and several others.
I think I'm a pretty decent actor, although I need to study and practise more.
I really want to be a rock star and play to huge stadiums to thousands of people. I have performed in front of thousands of people before-- I've sung solo on TV and at Disneyland, as well as playing gigs at my high school in front of up to 3,000 people, and have done a couple of weddings as well. So I think I can be really good at it, if given my own space to do what I want. My gigs so far have been really controlled-- I couldn't really act out and didn't have a band. I couldn't really play to the audience because I was with choirs or doing quiet type gigs, but I can get really wild and crazy onstage.

So anyway, that's a bit about me. Tell us a bit about YOU!

Gabriel
05-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Wow... :cool:

I like programming, handdrawn animation, and lyric-less music by Secret Garden. Interested in learning multiple languages, just enough in each language family to be able to pick up new words and phrases on my own. Martial arts may be beyond me, but doing Taichi at an old age would be ideal. :D

Gozer
05-23-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm a musician, and I play 9 instruments (piano, guitar, bass guitar, drums, ukulele, harmonica, lap harp, violin, and mini sitar) and sing. I also arrange music for choir and instruments on the computer. I've never taken lessons for any of the instruments I play, except for a little bit of piano.

I used to work very seriously on becoming a "real" musician, but gave up a few years ago. Nobody wants to do what I would like to do. I still compose, but now nobody ever hears is. I use the computer to arrange music too, I use the "Power Tab Editor" to create midis - please let me know if you've found something better to use! :D

What else can I say about myself... I love old classic horror movies, history, and studying the paranormal :) I'll be 28 in a few weeks.

Abraxas
05-23-2005, 04:22 PM
I use Finale 2001... Only because I can't afford anything better. I don't know how Finale is compared to other programs, but I know I need a new program. I have lots of problems. Maybe just an updated version of Finale would be better, cos I've been to their website and seen some really amazing stuff people have done with it.